Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process?

When he doesn't go in for a score, when he all alone on a fast break, but waits for the trailer so he can get an Assist, he looks like Ricky Davis.

Remember when Davis tossed the ball off the backboard so he could get another rebound for a triple/double.  BUSH!

How about a PG wh stands 6'1"  --  170 lbs. and is in the Hall of Fame?  Gee, same size  --  same weight  --  couldn't shoot "3" 's for his 1st 3 years in the league.  He shot 16.6% "3" 's  --  but worked on his shot.  He ended up shooting 38.4% "3" 's for his 19 year career.

19 years  --  Career  --  51.5% FG  --  38.4% "3"'s  --  82.6% FS  --  2.2 Steals  --  10.5 Assists.  ALL-TIME leader in Steals and Assists.  Played until he was 39 years old.

Some guy named John Stockton.  Can't ever recall him going Bush for an Assist.  I don'tremember Marc Jackson doing it either. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process?:
    When he doesn't go in for a score, when he all alone on a fast break, but waits for the trailer so he can get an Assist, he looks like Ricky Davis. Remember when Davis tossed the ball off the backboard so he could get another rebound for a triple/double.  BUSH! How about a PG wh stands 6'1"  --  170 lbs. and is in the Hall of Fame?  Gee, same size  --  same weight  --  couldn't shoot "3" 's for his 1st 3 years in the league.  He shot 16.6% "3" 's  --  but worked on his shot.  He ended up shooting 38.4% "3" 's for his 19 year career. 19 years  --  Career  --  51.5% FG  --  38.4% "3"'s  --  82.6% FS  --  2.2 Steals  --  10.5 Assists.  ALL-TIME leader in Steals and Assists.  Played until he was 39 years old. Some guy named John Stockton.  Can't ever recall him going Bush for an Assist.  I don'tremember Marc Jackson doing it either. 
    Posted by CaptChris

The obvious difference is that Davis did that to pad his own stats while Rondo is padding someone elses as well as his.  I agree that it drives me crazy when rondo appears to have an easy basket and doesn't take the shot but comparing that to Ricky Davis is a bit off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

A player that can only rebound, or shoot, or assist, or block or steal, is an incomplete player. Being a one dimensional player is not a bad thing per se, if we're talking about someone who comes from the bench to fulfill that role. In our case we're in deep zhyt with Rondo, because he's a starter, doc uses him a lot, and we don't have -at the moment at least- a second alternative to what he does. Larry Bird itself took pride on his game being as complete as possible: he could shoot, steal, rebound and even block sometimes, so when he wasn't having a good night as a shooter he would always rebound a lot or assist the players in other ways. He often said that the best players in the NBA are the well balanced players that can offer as much as possible to their teams in order to be winners. That, dear Rondo fans, is not what we're getting from Rondo and it's really sickening and frustrating.
    Posted by celticsfanmx

What in the world are you talking about. Rondo can score and can score at will. He dishes for assists. He rebounds better than anyone in the league for his size. And he is near the top of the league in steals.

That sounds pretty well rounded to me. What do you think Bird would say about him. I think he'd say I wish I had played with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

When he doesn't go in for a score, when he all alone on a fast break, but waits for the trailer so he can get an Assist, he looks like Ricky Davis. Remember when Davis tossed the ball off the backboard so he could get another rebound for a triple/double.  BUSH! How about a PG wh stands 6'1"  --  170 lbs. and is in the Hall of Fame?  Gee, same size  --  same weight  --  couldn't shoot "3" 's for his 1st 3 years in the league.  He shot 16.6% "3" 's  --  but worked on his shot.  He ended up shooting 38.4% "3" 's for his 19 year career. 19 years  --  Career  --  51.5% FG  --  38.4% "3"'s  --  82.6% FS  --  2.2 Steals  --  10.5 Assists.  ALL-TIME leader in Steals and Assists.  Played until he was 39 years old. Some guy named John Stockton.  Can't ever recall him going Bush for an Assist.  I don'tremember Marc Jackson doing it either. 
    Posted by CaptChris

The only thing "bush" is your post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Did you see Shaq run down the court with a big smile after Rondo got him and easy layup.  Shaq was so happy he ran over to Rondoand rubbed his head.  I thought to myself, I wonder if Rondo said something to Shaq before the game like - hey, tonight is your night - I'm gonna get you a big night one way or another.  Sure enough, Rondo got Shaq fully involved and today there are a lot of articles about throw back night and Shaq's play returning to form.  Who do you have to thank for that - Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process? : I think you are wrong. The whole team plays better with Rondo thinking pass frist. Everyone gets to be ready all the time. After watching NO several times this year it seems to me that CP has adopted Rondo's attitude and his team is playing better as a team  because of it. Last night was a perfect example.
    Posted by greenkillme

which part am I wrong about?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

Rondo's role on this team is a facilitator not a scorer. If you ask him to he can score 20 a night, but that is simply not his role. I think when Rondo has the wide open layups he takes them, but he doesn't go to the basket guns-ablazing because he knows, 1. When everyone is healthy he is the 4th best scoring option on the team, and 2. He is small and will get blocked more often than not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Look, why cant anyone voice an opinion critical of a certain part of Rondos game without the roof falling down on them?

Sure we won a title with Rondo (he was benched for ineffectiveness for a few of those games) ...so does that mean he can never be criticized? IF someone says Rondo  is a poor FT shooter & it hurts the team... immediately someone posts "Well, we won a title in 2007 so he's not hurting the team... and stop the hating"

Rondo has passed up many makeable bunny shots for a more difficult shot & assist.  I think its cause hes wants the assist or fears getting fouled and forced to shoot FT's.  It doesnt mean I hate Rondo! ITs a fair observation that many people notice. 

Maybe he thinks its better his teammates get more touches & points... keeps them sharper & happier... I dont know, that could be why.  My opinion differs... thats all we're talking about here...opinions..  No need to label posters as haters or the rest.. Just talking basketball... nothing personal lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

greenkillme:  Is Rondo Bush at the Foul Line?  Is he afraid to get Fouled?  Does he avoid contact?  What does he done this year?

Well, he had dropped from 62.1% last year to a sparkling 46% FS this year.  In 28 games he has 50 Foul Shots Attempted.  That's not even 2 a game.  OOPS!

His T/O to foul shot ration is 2.26!  He has 2.26 T/O's for every foul shot he takes.

He is making Perk  58.2% last year look GOOD.  Even Shaq at 56% looks better than Rondo does.

In fact, Shaq and Perk are known as Blind Men at the line.  What does that make Rkondo???

Is Rondo avoiding getting fouled, because he can't hit a bull in the butt with a banjo.   Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Regarding Karl's question of "Look, why cant anyone voice an opinion critical of a certain part of Rondos game without the roof falling down on them?":

I love Rondo and I actually think he's the best point guard for us of all the point guards (other than Chris Paul).  His pass first mentality and his ability to see the court and lead other superstars is critical to who we are.  Any point guard that didn't get the ball to a Pierce and Allen and KG in THEIR spots would not work here.

However, its wrong to say these fans who question Rondo's skills are unfair.  The criticism is definitely fair.  Would we be a much better team if he had a jump shot + could hit a foul shot coupled with his ability to pass and rebound?  Hel- yes we would!!  That's why I say CP3 is better. DWill, Russell Westbrook, and DRose, however, are shoot first/me first guards and not appropriate for the Celts.  But, take Rondo with a jump shot and ability to hit a free throw and yes, he's better and the Celts are better.  That's fair criticism, Karl.  We all know that he could be better.

All in all, with his weaknesses, I still say, however - this kids is tremendous for this team.  He's "almost" exactly what we need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Regarding Karl's question of " Look, why cant anyone voice an opinion critical of a certain part of Rondos game without the roof falling down on them? ": I love Rondo and I actually think he's the best point guard for us of all the point guards (other than Chris Paul).  His pass first mentality and his ability to see the court and lead other superstars is critical to who we are.  Any point guard that didn't get the ball to a Pierce and Allen and KG in THEIR spots would not work here. However, its wrong to say these fans who question Rondo's skills are unfair.  The criticism is definitely fair.  Would we be a much better team if he had a jump shot + could hit a foul shot coupled with his ability to pass and rebound?  Hel- yes we would!!  That's why I say CP3 is better. DWill, Russell Westbrook, and DRose, however, are shoot first/me first guards and not appropriate for the Celts.  But, take Rondo with a jump shot and ability to hit a free throw and yes, he's better and the Celts are better.  That's fair criticism, Karl.  We all know that he could be better. All in all, with his weaknesses, I still say, however - this kids is tremendous for this team.  He's "almost" exactly what we need.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

No argument here.

Rondo's a good fit for our team...  he gets players lots of good shots and in general does what he needs to.. Is he lacking in any area?? Yes... but then, what player isnt.

Some of this is just obvious, like Rondos FT shooting.. what gets tiring though are people who think its HATING on Rondo lol.  Maybe some troll does that kinda stuff here & there but Celtic fans are smart about basketball.. 

Ray cant handle the ball, KG wont post up enough, Shaw cant shoot FT's and lately bunnies... BBD shooting too much, JON alwaus injured and slow etc etc etc...nobody playing the game is perfect.. so everyone should relax.

As we point out things that Rondo should be doing better, most of us are also raving about his assist numbers, his flash & creative layups & how much better offensively the team runs when hes in there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

We Celtic fans are lucky to have Rondo playing for the C's and being signed for the next several years at a reasonable contract for an allstar.
        The only time Rondo hurts the team is when he turns down perimeter jumpers and misses free throws. He's been keeping the opposing defense honest lately as he hasn't been shying away from the perimeter jumper. He only needs to be good at that 15 to 17 footer. Hitting that shot alone consistently will keep the defenders from sagging. Rondo's been hitting the mid-range jumper better and better every season. I don't have any complaints regarding his jumper as it's been gradually improving.
         The only gripe I have with Rondo is his free throw shooting. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to shoot 70% from the line. It's just a matter of putting the time in and executing proper free throw mechanics. I'm sure he knows this and that's why it puzzles me why his free throw shooting is so poor and it's much worse this season than it was in previous seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We Celtic fans are lucky to have Rondo playing for the C's and being signed for the next several years at a reasonable contract for an allstar.     The only time Rondo hurts the team is when he turns down perimeter jumpers and misses free throws. He's been keeping the opposing defense honest lately as he hasn't been shying away from the perimeter jumper. He only needs to be good at that 15 to 17 footer. Hitting that shot alone consistently will keep the defenders from sagging. Rondo's been hitting the mid-range jumper better and better every season. I don't have any complaints regarding his jumper as it's been gradually improving.      The only gripe I have with Rondo is his free throw shooting. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to shoot 70% from the line. It's just a matter of putting the time in and executing proper free throw mechanics. I'm sure he knows this and that's why it puzzles me why his free throw shooting is so poor and it's much worse this season than it was in previous seasons.
    Posted by mem17

The free throw shooting issue just has to be concentration and confidence.  There's just no other explanation for a coordinated guard not shooting 70%.  Just no excuse.  It will matter in the playoffs. We can win with him as he is now but it will be so much easier if he can hit free throws.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process? : How many shots do you recommend Rondo take?  How many points should he average?  There are shooters already on the team.  Wasnt Doc just complaining that BBD was taking too many?  I think Rondo scores when he has too.
    Posted by jdm894g

are you R E A L L Y making this argement????  I mean i suppose it's okay if the team averages 17 seconds eaten up on the shot clock each posession?  It's okay if rondo passes up easy scoring opportunities in favor of "the shooters" who then have to shoot hurried, inferior shots late in the 24 second clock? 

i mean c'mon.  watch the games.  watch how many times davis is bombing from the corner with 2 on the clock!  why is that, because davis is a ball hog or because the offense is run by a stat-focused nimrod who refuses to be a well rounded player??

and even as a miserable 40% free throw shooting player, rondo would do us more good if he drove the lane more often and tried to score.  his quickness is a superior skill against almost every point guard he faces on a nightly basis and he rarely ever uses it to better this team. 

if rondo drives more then he gets a layup, gets fouled, introduces a new threat that the opposing D has to adjust to and then once they are sucking into the lane to help out rondo then the easy dishes FOR DIMES THAT HE LOVES SO MUCH are everywhere.

the bottom line is that the development of rondo as a player has been either 1) totally hands off (what a blunder that would be!) or 2) he has totally not listened to / and refused to do what he has been told he should be doing.  and other than a tiny stretch of time in a game in toronto some years ago when rondo stopped trying on defense after getting schooled by calderon, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE KID PULLED FROM A GAME for his play. 

so, with no repurcussions to not improving, listening, becoming a true team player, this is what you get.

either way, this kid is slip sliding away to being a major H E A D  C A S E

i'd say he is one already to come back this year with a worse FT accuracy than shak and be laser-focused on the assists like he is.  if that isn't head case material then what is?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Rondo's stats tonight.....18/13/6 on 7 of 11 FG and 3 of 4 FTs.  Please stop with all the hate on Rondo!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

okay chief, we'll forget all about everything just because he bested dj augustin.

really?  shouldn't rondo bust out every night he faces a dj augustin? 

well, he doesn't.  this year he has been proud to allow mediocre, middle tier point guards outscore him.  these are guys that he could EITHER stop / seriously hinder defensively OR outscore them any numbers of ways because they are defensive sieves.

so if the expectation that some sort of positive trajectory be involved with rondo's development = hate to you then i'm sorry for you. 

in my wildest dreams i didn't think rondo would show up this year shooting free throws worse than ever AND be performing this passively in the offensive set for the VAST MAJORITY of games this year.

the bottom line is that rondo thinks he is good enough to turn it on when he wants to and he isn't.  that was already proven in last year's playoffs when his confidence / shot ran out of gas and we got beaten in a lakers series we should have won if kobe wasn't gifted having to play no defense.

shame on me for thinking that after watching that ridiculous crap go down BECAUSE OF HIM that rondo wouldn't go out and do some work this summer to improve his game.  just think about that for a minute before you start typing.  KOBE GUARDED RONDO LAST YEAR IN THE FINALS, only HE DIDN"T HAVE TO PAY ANY ATTENTION TO HIM BECUASE RONDO WAS SUCH A LAMB ON OFFENSE, specifically from GAMES 3-7.  go back and check.  it was a disgrace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Look, why cant anyone voice an opinion critical of a certain part of Rondos game without the roof falling down on them? Sure we won a title with Rondo (he was benched for ineffectiveness for a few of those games) ...so does that mean he can never be criticized? IF someone says Rondo  is a poor FT shooter & it hurts the team... immediately someone posts "Well, we won a title in 2007 so he's not hurting the team... and stop the hating" Rondo has passed up many makeable bunny shots for a more difficult shot & assist.  I think its cause hes wants the assist or fears getting fouled and forced to shoot FT's.  It doesnt mean I hate Rondo! ITs a fair observation that many people notice.  Maybe he thinks its better his teammates get more touches & points... keeps them sharper & happier... I dont know, that could be why.  My opinion differs... thats all we're talking about here...opinions..  No need to label posters as haters or the rest.. Just talking basketball... nothing personal lol
    Posted by Karllost

Anyone can post any criticism of Rondo that they want. I think the persistence with which they do it exposes them to criticism.

So yes they can post their criticism but they should expect it to be picked apart like when Acie and Puddin want Nate to be the starter...until Nate became a starter and was a total failure.

We all want Rondo to shoot a better pecentage at the foul line. Wilt was terrible but he is still one of the greatest players of all time if not the greatest.

I think the Rondo critics harp on it too much. They want him to shoot more jump shots...ok so that is their opinion. Many others disagree including me. They want him to shoot a better percentage at the line. Great so does everyone. End of story. Can't they think of something else to complain about?

Oh and then there is the knucklehead who wants to compare the number of foul shots he takes a game to his turnovers? Now tell me that is an opinion that warrants any kind of respect. Wait....he was probably kidding.

Rondo despite shooting 62% on his 2.8 foul shots per game is a delight to watch and the greatest point guard that the Celtics have had since the Cous....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process? : okay chief, we'll forget all about everything just because he bested dj augustin. really?  shouldn't rondo bust out every night he faces a dj augustin?  well, he doesn't.  this year he has been proud to allow mediocre, middle tier point guards outscore him.  these are guys that he could EITHER stop / seriously hinder defensively OR outscore them any numbers of ways because they are defensive sieves. so if the expectation that some sort of positive trajectory be involved with rondo's development = hate to you then i'm sorry for you.  in my wildest dreams i didn't think rondo would show up this year shooting free throws worse than ever AND be performing this passively in the offensive set for the VAST MAJORITY of games this year. the bottom line is that rondo thinks he is good enough to turn it on when he wants to and he isn't.  that was already proven in last year's playoffs when his confidence / shot ran out of gas and we got beaten in a lakers series we should have won if kobe wasn't gifted having to play no defense. shame on me for thinking that after watching that ridiculous crap go down BECAUSE OF HIM that rondo wouldn't go out and do some work this summer to improve his game.  just think about that for a minute before you start typing.  KOBE GUARDED RONDO LAST YEAR IN THE FINALS, only HE DIDN"T HAVE TO PAY ANY ATTENTION TO HIM BECUASE RONDO WAS SUCH A LAMB ON OFFENSE, specifically from GAMES 3-7.  go back and check.  it was a disgrace.
    Posted by aciemvp

We did win the title last year except that the lakers took 21 foul shots in the fourth quarter of the title game. Why blame Rondo for the loss. Seems ridiculous to me.

Yes you can have an opinion and yes Kobe sagged off Rondo in the series but there is no way the loss of the championship game can be layed at Rondos feet as the "reason" we lost.

Heck without Rondo we would't even have won one game. I'm being facetious when I say that but that statement has as much credibility as most of yours.

I think you have former point guarditis. There are too many former point guards who know just the right way to play point guard and a good many of them know how to coach better than Doc too. "Former Point Guarditis"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

A player that can only rebound, or shoot, or assist, or block or steal, is an incomplete player. Being a one dimensional player is not a bad thing per se, if we're talking about someone who comes from the bench to fulfill that role. In our case we're in deep zhyt with Rondo, because he's a starter, doc uses him a lot, and we don't have -at the moment at least- a second alternative to what he does. Larry Bird itself took pride on his game being as complete as possible: he could shoot, steal, rebound and even block sometimes, so when he wasn't having a good night as a shooter he would always rebound a lot or assist the players in other ways. He often said that the best players in the NBA are the well balanced players that can offer as much as possible to their teams in order to be winners. That, dear Rondo fans, is not what we're getting from Rondo and it's really sickening and frustrating.
    Posted by celticsfanmx

The key word in your post is "only" because that word doesn't apply to Rondo. He is the best athlete and along with Pierce the most complete player on the team. In the terms of what you describe Rondo is just like Bird so I don't get what you are saying.

Another key word in your post is "sickening". Don't you think you are overplaying this a little. Maybe you should stop watching the games if it makes you sick. Now I get it. You are sick and that is why you posted that Rondo isn't a complete player who doesn't do enough things.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process? : The key word in your post is "only" because that word doesn't apply to Rondo. He is the best athlete and along with Pierce the most complete player on the team. In the terms of what you describe Rondo is just like Bird so I don't get what you are saying. Another key word in your post is "sickening". Don't you think you are overplaying this a little. Maybe you should stop watching the games if it makes you sick. Now I get it. You are sick and that is why you posted that Rondo isn't a complete player who doesn't do enough things.
    Posted by gtown07

The queen of overplaying has spoken.

Wasn't it your "Tainted Championship" thread that you overplayed for months before it was mercifully archived by BDC?

As corrupt as the NBA and Stern and the officials are according to you, I wonder why you continue to feign interest in this sport.  

Try roller derby instead.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

FACT!  Rondo is the WORST foul shooting guard in Celtic History.  That is a great claim to Fame.  Especially when he has, Ray Allen, one of the best in NBA history to help him.  Ouch!

He hurts the team by not drawing fouls on the other team.  He doesn't get players in foul trouble.

Westbrooke get 7.8 foul shots  a game.  Deron Williams gets 7.4 shots.  Derrick Rose gets 5.0.  Chris Paul gets 4.8.  Rondo gets less than 2 shots a game. 

Try checking all Rondo's stats against the others.  Like Rebounding, Steals, T/O's, Scoring.  Give credit when he is far superior, and be critical when he is the worst.  It is called being Fair.

He is heck of a ballplayer with warts, not acne.  Surprised

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process? : The queen of overplaying has spoken. Wasn't it your "Tainted Championship" thread that you overplayed for months before it was mercifully archived by BDC? As corrupt as the NBA and Stern and the officials are according to you, I wonder why you continue to feign interest in this sport.   Try roller derby instead. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

And what am I overplaying?

For the record I never said that the NBA and Stern were corrupt. Other posters did. I didn't. I said the refs in the 4th quarter of the championship game were incompetent. Big difference. Most people agreed with me. Are you now trying to say the officiating in the 4th quarter of that game was competent?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo Hurting Team with his Assist Only Thought Process? : We did win the title last year except that the lakers took 21 foul shots in the fourth quarter of the title game. Why blame Rondo for the loss. Seems ridiculous to me. Yes you can have an opinion and yes Kobe sagged off Rondo in the series but there is no way the loss of the championship game can be layed at Rondos feet as the "reason" we lost. Heck without Rondo we would't even have won one game. I'm being facetious when I say that but that statement has as much credibility as most of yours. I think you have former point guarditis. There are too many former point guards who know just the right way to play point guard and a good many of them know how to coach better than Doc too. "Former Point Guarditis"
    Posted by greenkillme

are you serious?  the entire point is that with a functional point guard, we would have NEVER BEEN IN THAT GAME 7!! ??#@  don't ya see that?

rondo's aggressiveness vanished largely due to fear of shooting the jumper and the free throw.  and he was horrible games 3-7 he was 1-8 from the line.  i dare you to find another point guard in the history of the game who shot that LOUSY in nut cupping time of the nba finals.... you wont' find anyone but rondo.

let's just review the sag off that you so quickly dismiss.... it's not just a sag off by kobe but it's also:

1. free rest for kobe

2. hassles for ray trying to make curls when he is supposed to come free and there is kobe and he has to crank those old ankles up one more time to go around kobe and then the sequence is all for naught because ray doesn't wind up open.

3. pierce's high post game is evaporated by a sagging kobe.  pierce can't catch the ball when he is being doubled.

4. entry passes to anyone in the post (for us) are hassled and way harder than they should be.

but do not despair, if we make it to the lakers again this year, this same 4 on 5 offense will be in effect.  rondo has had anti-confidence in his jumper and free throw this year to a lower level than ever before.  there's almost zero chance that any momentum he can manage to build shooting the jumper will last as long as it did last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I wish RR would shoot a lil more not alot like Glen BBD did a few games ago

RR is still recovering from injuries and slowed a lil {IMO}

RR is still a work in progress.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

FACT!  Rondo is the WORST foul shooting guard in Celtic History.  That is a great claim to Fame.  Especially when he has, Ray Allen, one of the best in NBA history to help him.  Ouch! He hurts the team by not drawing fouls on the other team.  He doesn't get players in foul trouble. Westbrooke get 7.8 foul shots  a game.  Deron Williams gets 7.4 shots.  Derrick Rose gets 5.0.  Chris Paul gets 4.8.  Rondo gets less than 2 shots a game.  Try checking all Rondo's stats against the others.  Like Rebounding, Steals, T/O's, Scoring.  Give credit when he is far superior, and be critical when he is the worst.  It is called being Fair. He is heck of a ballplayer with warts, not acne. 
    Posted by CaptChris

The Rondo-ites or the Rondophelias or whatever they are called ignore the warts and think that the positives outweigh the negatives.

Rondo creates what I would call a dysfunctional yet successful team.  The team, Doc, Danny, etc. allow Rondo's ineptitude in some of the most basic fundamental aspects of the game make some fans / posters / bloggers want to worship on Rondo's m ember.....

They love to use the "pass first" point guard praise / excuse - hey look at me I am a very good passer and the worst shooter in the league at any position and as a "pass first" point guard I make Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Monta Ellis, Baron Davis, Derrick Rose, Jameer Nelson, Mike Bibby, Devin Harris, Arron Brooks, Jason Kidd, Tyreke Evans, Beno Udrih, Jonny Flynn, Raymond Felton, and a whole bunch of others look really bad - because it is really, really bad to be able to shoot and actually participate in the offensive flow of the game instead of pounding the ball into the floor until I am assured an assist and then one someone makes an extra pass I am a little crybaby because we scored but I didn't get the assist.

After I pass I run and hide in the corner hoping the ball never cycles back to me but I call for the ball and the rest of my team laughs knowing that once I have given up the ball I am no longer part of the offense unless of course someone is in need of adding rebounds to their stat line.  The other night I made a 3 and a jumper - wow... I had 18 points and 13 assists.... starting to sound like I had an average Westbrook night..... I think the other night he had 30 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists, 5 steals, and 4 blocks.......maybe I should be an all-star.....

I have often posted that Rondo costs the offense at least 3 or 4 points per game compared to actual legitimately good point guards at the line.  What I read is that I am an idiot who does not know what he is talking about and how Rose is a gunner and would, somehow, hurt the Celtics.  Someone finally pointed out statistically what Rondo costs them at the line and I appreciate that.

There is always the idea that Rondo somehow is perfect for this team - this comes from posters / fans / bloggers who think that it is somehow better to have a less talented, less complete player, playing at one of the most important positions.

Put the other starting 4 under truth serum and they can come up with a dozen point guards who make them better or no worse off.

Instead what we have is an egomaniac who steals the ball, due to athleticism, and then passes up a layup for fear of missing but in pride of making an assist.

Give me any number of other point guards and the Cs are no worse off and I believe if you asked their coach who was a point guard, the other starting 4 guys, and a whole bunch of objective fans and you would find that Rondo would not be the guy running this team.

Rondo bested DJ Augustin, give Augustin Pierce, Allen, Shaq, etc. and Augustin would have the same succes and oh by the way, he would make 90% from the line, 40% from 3, and be a key part of the offense as opposed to the single last option calling for the ball in the half court set.

I heard a so-called expert discussing the Brady vs. Vick MVP issue and the guy said if the Pats did not have Brady and were left with Hoyer, they would be a lot worse if the Eagles lost Vick but were left with Kolb.  I was stunned because that is not even remotely close to what the argument is.

If you traded Brady for Vick what would the outcome be, not what would the back ups do.

Given that, if you traded Rondo for at least a dozen other guys, who do not play with 4 guys who are going to the hall of fame on the very first ballot, how much better would the Celtics be?

Give me Rose, Steph Curry, Monta Ellis, Tyreke Evans, Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Chauncy Billups, Tony Parker, and a whole bunch of others and the Cs are no worse and obviously in a lot of cases a lot better......

As I said in my first post on this subject, it is not an "assist first thought process".... it is "I am the worst shooter in the league and coincidentally I have some of the greatest shooters and scorers in the history of the league and therefore I will get assists" thought process.

For Rondo it is not a matter of getting assists first, it is getting assists first because he cannot do what many of the average point guards view as their fundamental responsibility.

Just try to imagine if the Cs had Arenas where getting to the rim was a routine simple thing and making 3s and 15 footers was just an afterthought - somehow with the idiot Rondo-ites, Rondo-phelias this would be a bad thing - how dare the point guard actually participate in the offense?  Oh my goodness what was Rondo thinking taking a shot from 2 feet away when he had Ray checking in at the scorers table.

Rondo is not even the 6th best point guard in the western conference let alone one of the elite of the league.

Hurting the team - give the BIG 3 some truth (troof) serum and you would find that they would welcome all of the guys that I have mentioned in this post with open arms.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dudder you are pathetic with your cut and paste. If Rondo was that bad he wouldn't be playing let alone STARTING on the best team in the east and LEADING the league in assists.  You may not want to acknowledge what he does but it only shows your stupidity.  Why do we need him shooting with Shaq dunking, KG hitting, RA hitting threes, Baby hitting jumpers, and PP hitting jumpers and threes?  Maybe he know what this team needs.  Quit your cutting and pasting and looking like you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Sections
Shortcuts