Is Rondo the Best Point Guard in NBA History?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Is Rondo the Best Point Guard in NBA History?

Teams should be lining up to offer Danny a great deal to try and land this spectacular if not flawless assist-king point guard in a trade this December.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Is Rondo the Best Point Guard in NBA History?

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Teams should be lining up to offer Danny a great deal to try and land this spectacular if not flawless assist-king point guard in a trade this December.  

LOL.  So where are you headed with this thread?  I am not getting it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

he's trying to give rondoids enough rope that we may somehow hang ourselves. i ain't bitin'.

bp

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

he's trying to give rondoids enough rope that we may somehow hang ourselves. i ain't bitin'.

bp

Bravo, its tough to pull a fast one on BP...

Wait, did you just classify yourself as a "Rondoid"?  hmmm.  That's teed up pretty high.  I'll check back in to follow up on that, unless Pud, Et al., beats me to it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Most Rondo supporters aren't idiots. Only an idiot hates irrationally. Only an idiot would declare a player "the best xyz ever" before their career has concluded. Listen, I really do think Tom Brady may well be the best QB the game has ever seen, but even then I wouldn't say that definitively until his career comes to an end. And even then its tough to say "ever" since its impossible to compare different generations of a sport since all sports evolve and a players greatness is too heavily affected by his teammates in a given year and those he contends against in his league.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Hey I have an idea. Lets talk more about Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aparently not, Dunk. Ive not heard of a single team trying to pry our savior from the Celtics despite being able to get him on the cheap while hes rehabbing. Strange that a supposed franchise player isnt getting a sniff. Maybe hes not as good as his cult think afterall?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Strange that a supposed franchise player isnt getting a sniff. Maybe hes not as good as his cult think afterall?

horsefeathers, rally! the man is a god. why can't we all just worship him?

bp

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yawn!

Talk about something interesting folks.  Like how Brandon Bass will anchor the defense.  He is a great defender and he has learnt so much from KG.  At least according to AB and beat writers.  And how AB is going to be the point guard.

To think that I renewed my league pass!!  Can somebody please wake me up next year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Most Rondo supporters aren't idiots. Only an idiot hates irrationally. Only an idiot would declare a player "the best xyz ever" before their career has concluded. Listen, I really do think Tom Brady may well be the best QB the game has ever seen, but even then I wouldn't say that definitively until his career comes to an end. And even then its tough to say "ever" since its impossible to compare different generations of a sport since all sports evolve and a players greatness is too heavily affected by his teammates in a given year and those he contends against in his league.

At least one is....

Only an idiot took this threads headline seriously and responded with his criteria for best ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

At least one is....

Only an idiot took this threads headline seriously and responded with his criteria for best ever.

Pimpin' 'lil Rondo 24/7 against every attack, real or imagined, is v-e-r-y serious business.

Somebody R-o-n-d-o tough has gotta do it.

As they say.....

Hats off to BDC's own R9R for never, ever shirking his duty.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Question:   What does a Rondoid and a Hemroid have in common?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

hemorrhoid, dunker. but that's a good one. you're now in charge of intelligent humor here at bdc. 

bp

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

hemorrhoid, dunker. but that's a good one. you're now in charge of intelligent humor here at bdc. 

bp

BP!  I can't believe you automatically compared Rondo to a hemorroid: an unpleasant, unsightly and painful swelling of the rectum!!

I was comparing Rondo (Rondoid) to Hem (Hemroid)... a musical group (that played with the Boston Pops)  who have a love-hate relationship with fans because their inconsistent musical style that highlights the strenghts and weaknesses of the group.

But, out of respect for you, I will drop my line of thinking and agree with you.  See! We Rondo lovers and haters can all get along.  It just takes cooperation and understanding.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

dunk, i can't tell if you're pulling my leg or not. regardless, assuming you're a fan of hem, how can you appreciate a group that fits their description plus be a fan of peter being there sellers, yet have no appreciation for our quirky #9?

bp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Well first, I never said that I was a fan of Hem.  but they are analogous to Rondo - in their destructive imbalance of strengths and weaknesses.

Second, I am a fan of the movie Being There (team effort), but not Peter Sellers (an individual DBag).  So there is a practical link there too. 

Third, I am agreeing with you and adopting your comparison of Rondo, to a basic hemorroid.  An annoying pain in the butt, that when rid of, should make us all feel better.  

But that doesn't mean that Rondo isn't the best PG in NBA history.  I hope this clarifies everything. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

yep, i'm good.

go Cs!

bp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

yep, i'm good.

go Cs!

bp

BUT WAIT! If a man can't play because he is hurt by a potentially physical capability altering injury, and ther are 32-PGs who wil start the season as their teams "Best" PG, Doesn't that truly mean that there are at least 32-PGs who are better than Rajon Rondo right now??? WE DON'T know what kind of ability or skillset Rajon will have when/if he returns. 

By my estimation, Rajon Rondo is an unknown quantity and Dunk has Dunked in all of your faces, as he intended! I give that dunk a 9.95 Dunk! Not bad.........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

not close, we all know that, but he's one of the best ever points guards drafted after 20 in the first round. 

What a lot of boneheads on this board don't understand is he was not a number one pick in the draft. The flaws in his game were always understood, that's why he was drafted 22. 

He's more than lived up to where he's been drafted and the not-max-contract he is on. Comparing him to guys who were drafted #1 and on max contracts is ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i wouldn't put so many anti-rondo eggs in the injury basket if i were you, rally. sure, acl injuries are serious business, but as they go, rondo's was to a lesser degree. instead of writhing in pain on the floor before being carried off, rondo played 12 minutes on his injury before exiting game and then anticipated playing in the next game. his tear was partial, not nearly as severe as, for example, derrick rose's. my guess is he'll be back foiling you haters very nicely come springtime at the latest. 

bp

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

i wouldn't put so many anti-rondo eggs in the injury basket if i were you, rally. sure, acl injuries are serious business, but as they go, rondo's was to a lesser degree. instead of writhing in pain on the floor before being carried off, rondo played 12 minutes on his injury before exiting game and then anticipated playing in the next game. his tear was partial, not nearly as severe as, for example, derrick rose's. my guess is he'll be back foiling you haters very nicely come springtime at the latest. 

bp

BP, when you say "foiling", does that mean you think he continues on his present 0-8 losing streak as the starting PG while "foiling" last year? Dude can certainly "foil" with the best of 'em alright! ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i was thinking more along the otherworldly lines of a third consecutive triple double.

bp

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

i was thinking more along the otherworldly lines of a third consecutive triple double.

bp

Oh, OK. Well i dont think that'll be a problem since he probably wont have to wait on his teammates to catch up now on the break so he can get that 10th assist  Something said for being slowed a bit, I guess. 

Sections
Shortcuts