is rooting for PITINO still an insult to RED?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: is rooting for PITINO still an insult to RED?

To be fair, Red was never "stripped" of anything.  He wasn't involved in the day to day operations anyway.  He was more like President Emeritus.............it did hurt his feelings a little, but he was the bigger man.  Pitino needed the power, he thought, to get the guys to play hard.  He made some rash decisions, but is still a great coach.  In hindsight, he should have just been coach, NOT GM or President.  And if we nabbed Duncan, he'd probably still be here, the Popovich of Boston!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

To be fair, Red was never "stripped" of anything.  He wasn't involved in the day to day operations anyway.  He was more like President Emeritus.............it did hurt his feelings a little, but he was the bigger man.  Pitino needed the power, he thought, to get the guys to play hard.  He made some rash decisions, but is still a great coach.  In hindsight, he should have just been coach, NOT GM or President.  And if we nabbed Duncan, he'd probably still be here, the Popovich of Boston!

Great post!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

Actually while Duncan was a big factor in the disappointing Pitino years what was more disappointing was that he still wanted to run a full court press for the entire game almost........that will work for the 25+ games in college but in an NBA season which is 3 times the number of games with back to backs and maybe one game in between with travel time his philosophy did not work and he was not about to change.......that was the reason for his failure not that Duncan didn't wind up in Boston.

he was also incredibly impatient with a couple of key players. idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

i still will not watch pitino or listen to anything related to him.  I knew when he traded Chauncey that Pitino was an idiott.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Who is Red?  Are you talking about that dead guy that coached the Celtics back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

Who cares.....

Stay blessed!

I guess that is fair, I think the same whenever anyone mentions a Laker's name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rick stuck it to the Celtics and has never owned up or apologized. Most recently he played the Tim Duncan card as the excuse for not winining here, not the other dumb moves he made. If he could be humble and apologetic then I'd be more accepting. He had a book out then called "Success is a Choice." I guess that means that he chose then to fail with the Celtics? Moralizing hypocrite cheated on his wife on top of all that. 

I can't see why a Celts fan would root for him. He's only winning two championships in two different places because unlike Calhoun, Smith, and Mike K at Duke he didn't have the loyalty to stick around. 

I can see why a Celts fan would forget about him but to root for him? 

Sections
Shortcuts