Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq?

Could it be that Sheed is stalling his retirement so DA doesn't have to use his contract to get vets to sign? In the case with Shaq, even though he had talks with DA several weeks ago, it looks like he's finally resigned to signing with the Celts for the minimum. If Shaq does sign, DA could then use Sheed's contract to pry a quality wingman loose in a trade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq?

Shaq MAY take the minimum if we backload a 2 year deal and guarantee the 2nd year. $1.6M this year and $3.5 next year. If that is allowed under the CBA. Shaq wants guarantees and it may be time for him to stay somewhere 2 years then retire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

At that price for Shaq it's a no brainer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

I agree with BiasLewis Shaq doesnt think(want) to play foa 1 year VM

So we should give him a 2 year deal.

Because guys if we could have the frount court with:

BBD,KG,JO,Perk,Shaq and erden/harangody

and then trade Sheed for a SG/SF who can score(Josh Howard,Wilson Chandler,Rudy Fernandez,....)

Our roster would be GREAT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I don't like shaqs game that much anymore but if he wants to come here and with Perkins hurt you have to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I don't think Sheed is stalling or helping them out....he just hasn't made up his mind. It just might work out that it helps them get Shaq or someone else.

Shaq isn't going to Boston for anything near the veterans minimum. They might be able to work a S&T for other assets, but I see Shaq as getting every penny he can.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

How about they sign ShaQ to a one year Veteran minimum deal with a handshake promise to give him next years MLE ? That would average his deal to 3.45 mil per season. Then you can either use Sheed's retiring contract to do a sign and trade for a wingman,after which come February when Sheed decides to come back he resigns with team Green and then this team is loaded for the stretch run. At any rate I'm all in for the Big Leprechaun joining team Green,could just imagine the introductions? With The Ticket,The Truth,Jesus Shuttlesworth,The Razor Rondo,The Big Leprechaun,Donkey and Shrek how much more colorful can this team become all this and Jermaine O'Neal...A tough team to beat..Plus I'm sure he can make an additional fortune in TV commercials because he's a Celtic!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq?:
    I don't think Sheed is stalling or helping them out....he just hasn't made up his mind. It just might work out that it helps them get Shaq or someone else. Shaq isn't going to Boston for anything near the veterans minimum. They might be able to work a S&T for other assets, but I see Shaq as getting every penny he can.
    Posted by croc

I do think Sheed has made up his mind to retire. That's not to say that he may not pull a PJ Brown and rejoin the C's again come Feb/March.

I also believe Doc when he said...“He’s trying to help us out by waiting, which is good. He’s still our property so we can use that in a trade or something. He’s doing a great thing for us.”

Now we may have to wait for all the chips to settle before DA gets the most out of Sheed's contract but a side benefit could be that players like Shaq jump on board for the minimum because they fear that if they wait too long that desirable teams may finalize their roster.

I don't see Shaq going back to Cleveland, Miami, LA, or Orlando. Nor do I see him playing for coaches like Thibodeau or Carlisle, so of all the desirable teams the only one that makes sense for Shaq is Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I have a question: Where is SHEED in all of this?? Why isn't he coming out and speaking about his situation? Why is he so mum?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I have a question: Where is SHEED in all of this?? Why isn't he coming out and speaking about his situation? Why is he so mum?
    Posted by Waynestarr
    Thats a good question but if he has a back door deal he's not going to say anything until Danny has his deal in place and consumated and then he'll wait until the other team buys him out...With Celtics money of course,my guess is that if Gilbert was serious when he said he would make sure that the Heat didn't win before Cleveland does that he could load the Celtics for bear by doing a double sign and trade and excepting Sheeds retiring contract....He could conceivably send Moon/Parker and ShaQ to Boston for Sheed's Contract,Scal S&T and Cash and maybe a draft choice and that would all but assure a trip to the Eastern conference final for Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think Shaq is going to retire.  Why would he come back to the VM and dramatically reduced playing  time.  The man is as famous as you get in sports. What is he playing for? Plus at the VM he  will balloon to 400 plus pounds.  If it were Feb. I'd say give him a look but why bring another iconic player at the even older age of 38.  We need athleticism.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq? : Thats a good question but if he has a back door deal he's not going to say anything until Danny has his deal in place and consumated and then he'll wait until the other team buys him out...With Celtics money of course,my guess is that if Gilbert was serious when he said he would make sure that the Heat didn't win before Cleveland does that he could load the Celtics for bear by doing a double sign and trade and excepting Sheeds retiring contract....He could conceivably send Moon/Parker and ShaQ to Boston for Sheed's Contract,Scal S&T and Cash and maybe a draft choice and that would all but assure a trip to the Eastern conference final for Boston.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Good post.

I forgot about Gilbert's beef with LeBron.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I could see Gilbert being willing to help Boston out to hurt Miami but only to a point, he's not going to gut his team to do it either. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Shooters ranked according to 3 Pt% ... A Parker (6'6" G) /> Career FG% .454 - 3Pt% .415 - FT% .813 - 35 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_parker/ E House (6'1" G) > Career FG% .410 - 3Pt% .390 - FT% .841 - 32 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eddie_house/ R Fernandez (6'6" G) > Career FG% .406 - 3Pt% .387 - FT% .851 - 25 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rudy_fernandez/ J Hayes (6'8" F) > Career FG% .415 - 3Pt% .356 - FT% .798 - 29 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jarvis_hayes/ J Howard (6'7" G/F) > Career FG% .454 - 3Pt% .339 - FT% .776 - 30 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_howard/ J Moon (6'8" F) > Career FG% .475 - 3Pt% .338 - FT% .795 - 30 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jamario_moon/ V Wafer (6'5" G) > Career FG% .412 - 3Pt% .337 - FT% .745 - 25 YO http://www.nba.com/playerfile/von_wafer/career_stats.html Other than age, Parker looks like the best option and combined with Shaq is doable for Sheed - 2 Birds with 1 Stone! Moon is comparable to Howard stat wise, can't say the same about defense but $ for $ you could also do Shaq and Moon for Sheed and fill the same need. House still looks decent as a shooter but at 6'1" he's got to be WIDE OPEN ...
    Posted by Mployee8

Good info, thanks, I hope DA does something soon!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Other than age, Parker looks like the best option and combined with Shaq is doable for Sheed - 2 Birds with 1 Stone! Moon is comparable to Howard stat wise, can't say the same about defense but $ for $ you could also do Shaq and Moon for Sheed and fill the same need. House still looks decent as a shooter but at 6'1" he's got to be WIDE OPEN ...
    Posted by Mployee8

You shouldn't have posted this potential deal because you might jinx it. Since free agency began you have been throwing a lot of stones but not a single stone of yours hit one single bird.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq? : Danny hasn't used the S&T yet and lots of potential players (both my picks and everyone else on this board) have gone by the wayside as a result. And what have you got to offer, a blown connecting rod from revving the rpm's too high and dumping the clutch on wet pavement?
    Posted by Mployee8

So feisty. lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Is Sheed helping Celts sign Shaq? : Only three personalities tonight? Fierce Light - Broken LightSaber - Blown ConnectingRod How bout another!
    Posted by Mployee8

As always, when your wrong predictions are exposed you resort to name calling.

Sections
Shortcuts