Is Sullinger the next Big Baby?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Is Sullinger the next Big Baby?

Both are under sized 4's. Both have the same body types. Both are inconsistent. Both are not the greatest defensively. Both at times seem somewhat disinterested. Both seem to have a hard time controlling their tempers on and off the court. Both are injury prone.  Both talk like they want to be leaders but something always seems to get in the way. Is Sully a building block for the C's?..... Davis wasn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Is Sullinger the next Big Baby?

I think Sullinger is already better than Big Baby

Sick of the "undersized" label too......

Sully is definitely a building block

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OMG......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....Sully is better now than Davis ever was..........PUHLEEZE don't make this comparison....I loathed Glen Daivs!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OMG......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....Sully is better now than Davis ever was..........PUHLEEZE don't make this comparison....I loathed Glen Daivs!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Got it. I do believe that Sully is/will be a double double guy more consistently but I've seen him disappear too much lately. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

With soooo much talk of Kevin Love on this board I guess I just wish that Sully would be solid 18/10 guy almost every night this year and show constant improvement. I know he's already better than Big Baby.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it. I do believe that Sully is/will be a double double guy more consistently but I've seen him disappear too much lately. 

[/QUOTE]

I love Sully.  He knows his role, and works to improve his game.  Davis just talked a good game, and took shots out of his range.  Drove me crazy.  He's in my  Big 3 - Glen Davis, Kevin Gamble and Mike Greenwell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Glen Davis is a good player, he was a big part of our banner 17.  Thanks Glen.   Fav given a rotation he can depend on, has good upside.   Wallace, Bass, and Hump are taking the minutes we need to develop players and we are still not winning.  Why play em.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The entire team and everyone on it disappears all too often.

We are in a total rebuild mode with everything in flux as Stevens experiments with different lineups and combinations.

Nothing is settled nor can it be.

The only constant is losing... and lots of it.

Sully is the only real stud that the Cs have and his level of effort day in and day out is very strong IMHO.

That's as good as we can get from him.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love Sully.  He knows his role, and works to improve his game.  Davis just talked a good game, and took shots out of his range.  Drove me crazy.  He's in my  Big 3 - Glen Davis, Kevin Gamble and Mike Greenwell.

[/QUOTE]

Haha interesting big 3! Havent heard the name Kevin Gamble in years....thankfully.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I think Sullinger can be an All Star PF I think one that will average 18 PPG and 10 Rebounds per game. He's still only 21.

Just for arguments sakes:

Kevin Garnetts Per Game 36 Minutes Stats at Age 21:

Season  ▴Age Tm Lg Position G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

21 MIN NBA PF 82 82 3222 7.1 14.4 .491 0.0 0.2 .188 7.1 14.3 .495 2.7 3.7 .738 2.5 6.3 8.8 3.9 1.6 1.7 2.1 2.5 17.0

Jared Sullingers Per Game 36 Minutes Stats at Age 21:

21 BOS NBA PF 43 30 1146 6.9 15.9 .434 0.9 3.5 .268 5.9 12.3 .481 2.7 3.5 .768 4.2 6.4 10.6 2.2 0.6 0.7 2.2 4.6 17.4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you loathed glen davis shooting too much from outside but you think it's okay when sullinger does it?  how's that whole thing work?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

He's been injured for the last month with the bad hand, so I think that is affecting his play.  The Celtics also do not use him properly.  I think he should be the focal point of the offense.  I agree with Tommy Heinsohn when he pleads for the team to continually get him the ball in the post on offense.  For some reason, they don't, though.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Sulliy has a low post game. Davis doesn't.. sully is a good rebounder. Davis isn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I hope you guys are right. I'm not seeing Sully ever being more than average. Big Baby is actually more athletic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope you guys are right. I'm not seeing Sully ever being more than average. Big Baby is actually more athletic.

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree about Sully.  He's a nice player....but I highly doubt he will ever be more than a 13pt 9 rebound player.  He's a big fish in a small pond right now and he's very inconsistent now.  I don't consider him a building block.
    I do think that he is a good complimentary player but certainly not a top 4 option for a competing team.  Just one of those guys that does the dirty work.....which is important but not a building block.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Sully is a good player my issue right now is he seems injury prone. The last week or to his hand is really hurting his game, he seems to be holding his right hand and wincing almost every game. He's not really undersized his width counters his length and his fundamentals make up for his lack of vertical ability. Sully can definately be a contributor on a good team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sullinger is a guy you want on your team when he's part of a core of players.  If anyone thinks Sullinger is a part of the C's future as a rebounder/physical presence/decent scorer, then I agree with you.  I used to think Sullinger's upside is Zach Randolph, a double double guy.  He may get there yet, but to me he's like Jeff Green -- a nice piece and a complementary player, but needs to be surrounded with good players to be most effective.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sully will be much more than average. But Davis isn't even that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you loathed glen davis shooting too much from outside but you think it's okay when sullinger does it?  how's that whole thing work?

[/QUOTE]

Easy.......Sully doens't take any fall-away jumpers with no chance of them going in.  He takes deliberate, set shots, which he has worked on in the off-season.

Davis took that fadeaway jumper from the corner that NEVER went it.  He did hit a bigshot  in the ORL series, sure, but he should have stayed underneath.

In addition, he talked too much about how good he was..........just my personal opinion....that okay with you?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The entire team and everyone on it disappears all too often.

We are in a total rebuild mode with everything in flux as Stevens experiments with different lineups and combinations.

Nothing is settled nor can it be.

The only constant is losing... and lots of it.

Sully is the only real stud that the Cs have and his level of effort day in and day out is very strong IMHO.

That's as good as we can get from him.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. His size is only an issue when they have him defending taller centers... in which cases he still grabs the rebound if they miss. He doesn't have the numbers we want yet because he doesn't play enough minutes. Who cares about exact height when the numbers are there. Oh and by the way, could a severly injured left hand and a dislocated finger on the the other affect his shooting just a bit ?!?! When we get a good center, we will out rebound the other teams by 10 or more every night. Go Celtics!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree about Sully.  He's a nice player....but I highly doubt he will ever be more than a 13pt 9 rebound player.  He's a big fish in a small pond right now and he's very inconsistent now.  I don't consider him a building block.
    I do think that he is a good complimentary player but certainly not a top 4 option for a competing team.  Just one of those guys that does the dirty work.....which is important but not a building block.

[/QUOTE]

Gosh. who would want a 13/9 to 14/10 player who does the dirty work and can be the 3rd scoring option on a championship team? We might as well amnesty him now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's playing injured. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree about Sully.  He's a nice player....but I highly doubt he will ever be more than a 13pt 9 rebound player

Which puts him a good step above Cedric Maxwell. I definitely could see Sullinger being part of a championship team. Depends on who you've got around him. Odds don't favor his being a first or second option, though, on a banner squad.

Sections
Shortcuts