Is that score right? The C's only scored 39 points in the half?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Is that score right? The C's only scored 39 points in the half?

C'mon guys, step it up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Is that score right? The C's only scored 39 points in the half?

We should be up by 30 right now.  Great defensive effort but honestly, the Bucks are so out of sorts that it's crazy.  It is because of our defense and they are missing shots.

Our offense looks terrible.  Rondo has missed about 4/5 bunnies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Are you crazy? The Celtics set a new defensive record for only allowing the opponent to score 22 points in one half and you complain about the Celts having a 17-point lead at halftime?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow - high expectations by we Celtics fans.  Leading by 17 points is good enough for me as long as we maintain it.  Some misses and TO's will happen but overall, remember we are up by 17!

The key is whether we can hold or push the lead to more in the 2nd half so the starters can rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, I think this is by the fact that we're playing the Bucks and we probably should have more than 39 points at halftime.  I don't think they are going to continue to shoot at the pace they are shooting now so we need to just keep pounding them.

39 at halftime against Milwaukee is not a good offensive output.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Is that score right? The C's only scored 39 points in the half?:
    P34, I think this is by the fact that we're playing the Bucks and we probably should have more than 39 points at halftime.  I don't think they are going to continue to shoot at the pace they are shooting now so we need to just keep pounding them. 39 at halftime against Milwaukee is not a good offensive output.
    Posted by Petey62

The Bucks are a good defensive team. Give credit where credit is due.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We'll score more than 39 in the second half.  If we just matched it, we'd score 78.  A little more and we'll be at 90.  90 is a good scoring clip for a defensive team.  I'd like to be greedy but I'd take a 17 to 20 point win tonight!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We made the Bucks take long possessions and in a slow down defensive game, the score will be low.  Now up by 31 points and scored 70 with 9 mins to go.  Good enough??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

wow..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i rather them score these type of numbers with this type of defense than score in the hundreds and give up over 95 points like we have been seeing lately... I hope this kinda reminds our guys we win the game on the defensive end

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Is that score right? The C's only scored 39 points in the half?:
    i rather them score these type of numbers with this type of defense than score in the hundreds and give up over 95 points like we have been seeing lately... I hope this kinda reminds our guys we win the game on the defensive end
    Posted by allen2034

There are Celtic fans who would rather see the Celtics score 95 points. I'm just saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

87 points is fine by me against a good defensive team in a slow-paced game. more to the point, with defense like that, we can beat ANYONE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

How many shots you going to get when you are making them use 20 plus seconds on the clock all game. This was a defensive game and we shot 46%. If you are going to hold teams to 22 points and you score 39 what is wrong with 17 point lead. Everyone was mad that we been letting treams score on us now they are not happy when we hold a team to 56 total points and that is not good enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

In Response to Re: Is that score right? The C's only scored 39 points in the half? : There are Celtic fans who would rather see the Celtics score 95 points. I'm just saying.
    Posted by P34

Im fine with them scoring over 95 or 105, doesnt make a difference...but i just dont want them to give up that many points to teams that shouldnt be scoring more than 95 on us...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"87 points is fine by me against a good defensive team in a slow-paced game. more to the point, with defense like that, we can beat ANYONE"

Exactly. Petey stop sweating the offense, it's the defensive intensity that has been missing, and we saw that intensity tonight. With Krstic and Green, the offense will be there. It's the defense that is the biggest concern... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]How many shots you going to get when you are making them use 20 plus seconds on the clock all game?

You are exactly right.  When the opposing team is forced to use almost the entire 24 second clock on nearly every possession because of the stout defense of the Celtics, it doesn't leave enough time for the Celtics offense to have enough possessions themselves to run up high point totals with their patented, half-court, setup offense even when on occasion their shooting percentage reaches 60%.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Petey this same team just got through blasting the Sixers. Is a 30 pt win good enough even though we didn't get 100?

Sections
Shortcuts