Is there any way we can get Steve Nash?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Is there any way we can get Steve Nash?

By the way, I just did this trade on the trade machine hahaha...

It works!!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a4wx5a

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Is it April Fools Day? You're kidding right???

I DARE someone to support this trade. LOL!

A top 3 PG for a 35+ yr old PG!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Nash is way better than Rondo in almost every aspect of the game. The only thing I can think of Nash that I don't like is his defense. But all the other things he brings to the table are more than what Rondo currently offers to the team!

I'm asking for thoughts anyway. You don't agree, that's fine.

Cheers,

C.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

How can your parents let u drive drunk?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Any real arguments or ideas on why this wouldn't work from the celtics aside from the cheap trash talk?

Thank you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

celticsfanmx, I feel sorry for you for starting this thread.

Right now, the ONLY thing Nash does better than Rondo is SHOOT.  That's it.  Nothing else.  Part of rebuilding down the road is having SOMEONE to serve as that foundation around which to build.  That player is Rondo and, like it or not, he isn't going anywhere and should not go anywhere.

Just my thoughts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

Saw that Nash is being considered trade bait and my first thought was : How long will it be before some idiot proposes a Rondo for Nash swap.

Nash is using a cane, eats lots of fiber and has his AARP card.
    Rondo is a YOUNG, TOP 3 PG, so yeah, let's trade him Undecided

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Is there any way we can get Steve Nash?:
    Is it April Fools Day? You're kidding right??? I DARE someone to support this trade. LOL! A top 3 PG for a 35+ yr old PG!!!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

This trade would never happen, the Suns would want more then Rondo.

Rondo would not even start for 90% of the NBA teams. The man has no shot and plays poor defense.

Nash is an all star and a top 50 player of all time.

Rondo is good because he plays with the Big 3.

Run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Hey Petey,

Nothing to feel bad about dude...

I see that you perceive Rondo as the cornerstone of the future Celtics team, but is it really? I don't want to get into another rondo can't shoot, can't do ft's thread.

My idea of this trade is thinking about banner 18 right now. If you see Rondo as the future then my idea is just out of limits!

Nash right now is averaging 17 points and 10 asssists per game. Those numbers would have a huge impact on the Celtics as it would  take away the defensive pressure from Ray and Paul -which rondo can't because very few teams respect his shot-.

Aside from my idea I honestly don't see rondo as the foundation of the future celtics team. But that's my perception and I will be more than happy to be proved wrong in the future.

Cheers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok celticsfanmx I'm not going to belittle your trade proposal. You went to the hole hard and just got stuffed by the rim...no biggie it happens.

Ok, two years ago I may have done this trade but Rondo has grown big time. Yes he still has FG & FT% problems but it doesn't outweight his total effect on the game or his own team. If it could be worked out that Nash come in off the bench then they could give us the Chip now but none of our pieces could every get him.

Nash could be effective with limited minutes. You yourself said his defense isn't all that great. Remember that's what this team is all about. No defense and you get a bunch of DNPCDs.

Good try, that took guts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

My idea it's all about 18!

I hope I'm wrong but I expect another meltdown in the playoffs due to Rondo being unable to shoot like it happened last year.

The two things that took us away from the title last year were:

1. A PG that can't shoot.
    2. The huge absence of Kendrick Perkins.

We will have Perkins plus Shaq and Semih, but will that make it for a PG  that can't shoot again?

Then again, I hope to be wrong! I want my team to win this year.

Bias: what big time? Assistances? That's about all he's increasing missing easy buckets and letting go of easy layups, clogging the paint when he's being defended because he doesn't want to shoot!

How can you be a bad shooter when you have Ray Allen and Pierce on the same team? He could learn a lot from Allen but that's not happening... we know that.

Nash would be an amazing addition to help secure the championship this year. Rondo will be, well, Rondo. Then again I pray to be wrong!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I hear you man. Teams slough off of Rondo  and do clog the paint but remember (if you're old enough) that teams did this same thing to DJ. DJ would kill teams at the worst time because he would hit big shots.

I doubt Rondo would be the reason why we lose games. Remember early in the season (forgot the game) Doc put West in and Rondo was on the bench with about 2-3 mins to go. I think we lost, West missed a jumper from the corner. Now that West is around I think Doc would go to him if teams try that in the playoffs.

So if you wanted Nash and Rondo was untouchable (which he is) and the Suns said make another offer and he's yours, what would you offer??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

celticsfanmx, I agree with BiasLewis.  If this was proposed a couple years ago, maybe.  But I still think the Celtics can win banner 18 with Rondo at the PG.  Heck, we won 17 with him and we're better now (rather deeper).

I think we can still get banner 18 with him AND maintain that foundation for the future.  Like you, I have doubts about Rondo eventually being that future.  I'm on the fence from what I'm seeing now but I'm willing to let it play out because I believe Rondo is good for this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Is there any way we can get Steve Nash?:
    I hear you man. Teams slough off of Rondo  and do clog the paint but remember (if you're old enough) that teams did this same thing to DJ. DJ would kill teams at the worst time because he would hit big shots. I doubt Rondo would be the reason why we lose games. Remember early in the season (forgot the game) Doc put West in and Rondo was on the bench with about 2-3 mins to go. I think we lost, West missed a jumper from the corner. Now that West is around I think Doc would go to him if teams try that in the playoffs. So if you wanted Nash and Rondo was untouchable (which he is) and the Suns said make another offer and he's yours, what would you offer??
    Posted by BiasLewis

Bias: If you are old enough to remember, teams never sloughed off of DJ at crunch time.

And he was one of the best money players ever. A fearless, cold blooded assassin.

To mention DJ and Rondo in the same breath is nonsense. Rondo is yet to hit a big shot EVER except maybe a point blank alley oop in 450+/- games.

The corner three that West missed was in his first game back with time expiring in regulation ... that the C's won in overtime.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

So who wears a ring?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Will never happen....this idea is a waste of bandwidth!

Sections
Shortcuts