Is this all there is Danny?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Is this all there is Danny?

With Doc returning I was sure you would make some moves that would help us win a title.  At this point I am not giving up but wondering why you let Rudy Fernandez go and went for Von Wafer. Tony Allen should have stayed based on what have done to th

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Is this all there is Danny?

Well, I'm not a big Rudy Fernandez fan, but as configured now, we probably will be a 5th, maybe 6th seed and WILL NOT make it past the second round.

If we get Shaq, I'd give us a fighting chance, but without him we're in trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

First: 6/16/2009
    Last: 7/31/2010
    With Doc returning I was sure you would make some moves that would help us win a title.  At this point I am not giving up but wondering why you let Rudy Fernandez go and went for Von Wafer. Tony Allen should have stayed based on his performance this season.  Marquis Daniels is not the defensive presence he was and certainly does not address the lack of outside shooting the team needs.  Rudy Fernandez at 2.1 mil was a great option for us and you went for Von Wafer.  What happened?  Do you really think this team considering the additions elsewhere in the conference is ready for another run? We have done very little.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Rudy fernandez was not a free agent.  The C's don't really have much to offer Portland in a trade for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

In Response to Re: Is this all there is Danny?:
    [QUOTE]Well, I'm not a big Rudy Fernandez fan, but as configured now, we probably will be a 5th, maybe 6th seed and WILL NOT make it past the second round. If we get Shaq, I'd give us a fighting chance, but without him we're in trouble.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

You are probably the type of person who said this last year, UNTIL you jumped back on the bandwagon.  Rosters haven't been finalized, the seaon hasn't already started yet, and you're already making playoff predictions?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Maybe some of you can scan the flotsom and jetsom among the free agency wreakage this year and tell us which 'golden nuggets' are swirling around who can really help the Celts, who'll work for the veteran's minimum for one year, who still is relatively on top of their game, and are not coming off of injuries, or 'personal' problems? Shaq keeps getting mentioned by folks who probably think all of his considerable negatives should be taken on as if this was the Shaq of 2000! Let's see who gets released out of training camp, which second rounders and undrafteds will be available, and how are invitees do in TC BEFORE taking desparate measures. [Danny, just don't sign Robert Swift!!!].

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperNtrain. Show SuperNtrain's posts

In Response to Is this all there is Danny?:
    [QUOTE]With Doc returning I was sure you would make some moves that would help us win a title.  At this point I am not giving up but wondering why you let Rudy Fernandez go and went for Von Wafer. Tony Allen should have stayed based on what have done to th
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]Nonesense on this. Personally I feel VOn Wafer is a better shooter than Rudy. He also is capable of being a much better defender. RUdy is overrated.

As for Tony Allen, he was an a knucklehead for 6 years. Im glad they let him leave. No room for idiots on the team. 3 months of decent basketball out of 6 years from him is not impressive. THey already have a much better replacement in Avery Bradley.

SOrry but 4 years of college ball and 6 years in the Pro gave the C's 3 decent months of BBall out of Allen. GLad he walked. Bradley has the ability to already be more polished than TA with 9 years less experience. Plus the kid is actually intelligent, never mind the fact that he doesnt have to worry about playing in some cities with bodyguards kickin around..........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this all there is Danny? : You are probably the type of person who said this last year, UNTIL you jumped back on the bandwagon.  Rosters haven't been finalized, the seaon hasn't already started yet, and you're already making playoff predictions?
    Posted by greenpride32[/QUOTE]

And who are you again? That's right, no one important.

What I said was MY opinion, if you don't like it, TOUGH.

Kind of foolish to call someone a bandwagon fan for calling it the way they see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

You're all a bunch of ingrates.  Let the man do his job!  Is this all there is??  Really?
    We are better than last year offensively right now - if we add Shaq, we are very very good.  Who's better?  A five or six seed?  OMG - MIA and MAYBE ORL are better.  CHI still has to prove it to me, and who else is there?

You all need to come down off your high horses and chill - we are not lakers fans, for goodness sakes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Don't forget the Atlanta Hawks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rudy fernandez was not a free agent." Why is this do difficult for folks to understand? 

I was personally in favor of signing Tony Allen though I don't think it will make or break or season. Aside from letting TA go, I'm not sure I see much more Ainge could have done this off season - other than to try even harder to get Pierce to sign a three year deal over a four. 

I'd give him a B minus keeping in mind what he had to work with. 

As for playoff predictions, I see the Celts as a 3 or 4 seed behind Heat and Bulls and maybe ahead of Magic. But, possible they will drop to 5 or 6 due to Perk being out for so long. They should still be a dangerous playoff team but without a good move probably are behind the Bulls and the Heat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

With what Ainge has had to work with this season, I think he has done a good job. J. O'neal could be a very good acquisition. Of course time will tell.
        Von Wafer is loaded with talent. Pierce and Ray Allen were re-signed. We'll see how the draft picks play in due time. Bradley looks very talented and Harrangody played more like a first round pick rather the a second round pick that he is.
         If Shaq is signed, Ainge will have improved the C's a lot this season. As is, we may have a better C's team this season. The championship window is not closed yet. Go Celtics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]With what Ainge has had to work with this season, I think he has done a good job. J. O'neal could be a very good acquisition. Of course time will tell.     Von Wafer is loaded with talent. Pierce and Ray Allen were re-signed. We'll see how the draft picks play in due time. Bradley looks very talented and Harrangody played more like a first round pick rather the a second round pick that he is.      If Shaq is signed, Ainge will have improved the C's a lot this season. As is, we may have a better C's team this season. The championship window is not closed yet. Go Celtics.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!  Great post, well said!  If Shaq is signed, the Celtics will have SIX current or former All-Stars on one team!  Don't think that's happened since the Walton/Wedman days.........last year we had four!!  An upgrade?  Heck yes!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this all there is Danny? : And who are you again? That's right, no one important. What I said was MY opinion, if you don't like it, TOUGH. Kind of foolish to call someone a bandwagon fan for calling it the way they see it.

That sounds alot like the Rock!!  I liked it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I'm not a big Rudy Fernandez fan, but as configured now, we probably will be a 5th, maybe 6th seed and WILL NOT make it past the second round. If we get Shaq, I'd give us a fighting chance, but without him we're in trouble.

No offense but why do you see a team that was minutes from winning a championship that lost TA and added O'Neal and Wafer a 5th seed?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this all there is Danny? : No offense but why do you see a team that was minutes from winning a championship that lost TA and added O'Neal and Wafer a 5th seed?
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Celts off season might not look as good as other teams, so lets wait for the season to start. Last season I saw all these posts from people on here stating the Celts were done and look what happened, they almost won the championship. The Celts might not be the first seed, but its all good as long the core is well rested for the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this all there is Danny? : No offense but why do you see a team that was minutes from winning a championship that lost TA and added O'Neal and Wafer a 5th seed?
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

Good question.

I figured since Perk won't be 100% next season, Sheed might not come back, Tony Allen is gone, JON and Quis are injury prone, Von has a back issue(bulging disk), and couple that with we have one of the OLDER teams in the NBA, who will be another year older.

That's why I can see us toying around with the 4th or 5th seed next season.

We we're a 4th seed last season, so it's very possible we could end up the same or a seed or 2 down the ranks.

That's just how I see it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Now that the Danny has completed his summer work, we all need to tip our hats to him for doing a great job. Shaq seals a great summers work by Danny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I don't think it's over.  The next shoe to drop is the Sheed contract. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

If Sheed doesn't report to training camp, he will be in breach of contract and therefore his contract will become null and void, so I've read.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

The guy resigns ray and paul, helps bring back doc, and then signs both oneals and a nice offensive player off the bench(wafer).  Not to mention the draft picks After JO all he had to offer was the vet min, aside from the sheed contract which he still has.  What else did you expect from him.  This is a deeper team this year and aside from miami, I don't think any other team had a better off-season, especially when you consider what danny had to work with.  Yea the big three and the oneals are a year older, but so is rondo,davis and nate.  Yea theres a good chance our pick and roll defense will struggle with shaq in the game, but we won't have to see sheed jack up 290 3s and only convert 28%, or rondo dish the ball to perk only to see him travel or bring the ball down allowing him to get stripped. Last year the averages of both oneals were very similar to kgs numbers.  Not to say there on kgs level, but I think fans will be pleasantly surprised, especially with a motivated and healthy JO.  Rasheed did nothing during the regular season and aside from some clutch threes and great defense on Gasol, he didn't exactly take over in the playoffs.  This team is deeper than last year, which is necessary considering their age, but could be even deeper if danny can do something with sheeds contract.  We added more talent than we lost period.

Sections
Shortcuts