Re: Is This How Next Season Unfolds?
posted at 8/19/2013 3:11 PM EDT
In response to Eldunker's comment:
We begin next season at near last in the league, until trades in Dec and Feb, then the team makes considerable improvement (and momentum for next year) and we end the season as just making the top 10 lottery group. We're not winning squat, but we're not intentionally "tanking" either. No good coach instills that mentality with his players. But this season will be to position the team for next year so:
1. Rondo - will be allowed to fully heal and only begins playing in late October to showcase his skills and good health in preparation for a December trade.
2. Bradley - Plays some PG and is given the greenlight to shoot often from the outside to build accuracy and confidence. Who cares if he misses frequently (not tanking, but...).
3. Green - is the go-to guy. He builds his potential and swagger as the team leader and stud.
4. Wallace - is a main man off the bench with his number called frequently to position for December or Feb trade.
5. Sully - plays sparingly to fully recover, until after the Rondo trade in December, when the PF position is thinned out and the new team begins to take form.
6. Bass - starts at PF and given the ball so he can be showcased for December or Feb trades. Bass is priority trade bait.
7. Humphries - Plays mostly center! If not traded, he's benched in later part of season and we leverage expiring contract.
8. Oylnyk - is played sparingly at both PF and Center. He plays extremely well and Fans will rebel, until he is sharing minutes at PF with Sully in the later part of the season (with a new center on board via Rondo trade).
9. Lee - emerges as the big surprise in the new system. He plays both PG and SG very well and becomes a key contributor and keper.
10. Brooks - meh. gets hot from the outside and an occasional big game, but is like a poor man's Eddie House.
11. Crawford - starts at SG when Bradley at the point and is inconsistent but one of the team's leading scorers.
12. Colton - Back and forth from D League
13. Shavlik - Back and forth from D League.
14. Melo - back and forth but mostly stays in D League for much needed playing experience
15. Joseph - roster filler at SF
16. Bogans - is a complete waste and traded or released outright depending upon team injuries.
Long term keepers: Bradley, Lee, Green, Sully, Olynyk, Melo
Trade priority: Rondo, Bogans, Wallace, Bass, Humphries = Center (starter), PG, SF in return
Wait and see: Crawford, Brooks, Colton, Joseph, Shavlik
Joseph, Shavlik, Melo and Colton aren't even on the team.
Edit" My apologies I just noticed this was bumped from over a month ago.