Is This It?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Is This It?

Billi

I can't tell if your "is this it question" is meant to say that the offseason has been a bad one for the C's.  I think given the circumstances that the team will be as good or better next year and Danny got players via vet min and MLE that will help this team, and that he's not done yet.  KG will be healthier but hopefully they can reduce his minutes with J.O., Shaq and especially BBD getting more floor time.

I've said all along if the objective is to win 50+ games and get a 3-4 seed that Doc should get Bradley, Harangody and Erden as much time as possible to see if they can play, preserve the legs of the older guys and possibly so they can get some minutes come playoff time.  But we all know that Doc just doesn't hand minutes out, they need to be earned. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billi. Show Billi's posts

It has been a good offseason but I was concerned that we still need to add one or two players and don't see much activity on that front.

I am also concerned that one day when Ray, KG and PP, REALLY show their signs of aging that we won't have enough people with experience to step up and keep rollin.

The one things the C's have that many other teams don't have is heart and pride, and they had an excellent year last year in the playofs. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Personally, I think KG, PP, JON and Shaq will come in the best shape they've been in for awhile. I'm really expecting KG to be 110% motivated and ready to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Losing the way they did in game 7 is all the motivation this team needs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I expect them to add one more veteran. I think they are just waiting until those FA's made up their minds. (Larry Hughes, Hayes, Delonte,...). However they might be looking further then 2 years ahead and could be looking for some young talent. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Sorry . . . but who is JON?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Is This It?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry . . . but who is JON?
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]
    Jermaine O'Neal

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I think KG, PP, JON and Shaq will come in the best shape they've been in for awhile. I'm really expecting KG to be 110% motivated and ready to go.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Ditto- AND davis continues to improve, daniels actually gets to play, same thing for robinson for a WHOLE YEAR.  if von wafers pans out then we may be looking at reducing ray's minutes and saving something of him for the playoffs, that would be a first. 

if this roster is used properly, we are easily a better team than last year.

we're good enough that i'm not even worried about making miami fold like a cheap tent if we meet them before orlando does it.

the only hole that i see is someone to get paul's minutes down.  he got tired a lot last year late. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

[QUOTE]. I've said all along if the objective is to win 50+ games and get a 3-4 seed that Doc should get Bradley, Harangody and Erden as much time as possible to see if they can play, preserve the legs of the older guys and possibly so they can get some minutes come playoff time.  But we all know that Doc just doesn't hand minutes out, they need to be earned. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Luke and Erden will be spending most of their time in the D league.  Bradley may see some PT due to his D, especially if Nate's offense is off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Henry, Agreed.  Erden and Haragody will become awfully familiar with the Maine turnpike as they travel back and forth from Portland.  Bradley will get some minutes.  But going into the year, we all know that the objective will be to win 50, and if the C's are in a blowout, either winning or losing, I'd love for them to give their younger guys a baptism by fire. 

Sections
Shortcuts