Is this Kelly Olynyk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Is this Kelly Olynyk?

Or is he in a shooting slump?

1. Passed up open jumpers for a few games

2. Missing open shots for the last two games

Is he a low percentage outside shooter, or too tired out from NBA level exertion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Is this Kelly Olynyk?

Some were crowning KO the second coming of Dirk & Larry during the summer league..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The shooting will come...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Man let the kid learn how to play in the NBA. He may be just what he is or he could be a super star some day, thats why some of us watch the Celtics is to see how some of these players progress in the NBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Is he a low percentage outside shooter, or too tired out from NBA level exertion?

Who are you?? I can't believe we actually have the real Rick Pitino on this Celtics board. Wow! 5 games with a very scattered lineup does not define a player. RELAX... better days are ahead for this kid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No one compared him to Bird or Dirk - those are HOF players, and everyone knew it going in.  If he was that good, he would not have fallen to us.

He will be fine.........I maintain, as a PF - don't think he'll ever be a C.

Sully and KO could be our PF tandem for a long time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

No one compared him to Bird or Dirk - those are HOF players, and everyone knew it going in.  If he was that good, he would not have fallen to us.

KOs game was compared to those guys... Im not saying KO has disappointed... Ive felt all along the summer league dont mean too much and KO will need some time in the NBA for any of us to really appreciate what kind of game he has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

geez, let the kid feel his way in.  and feed him oats and steaks so he can bulk up.

the one i'm concerned about "is this _______?" is gerald wallace.  sullinger, olynyk should be able to learn from his example, but unfortunately his example so far has been repugnant

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

KOs game was compared to those guys... Im not saying KO has disappointed... Ive felt all along the summer league dont mean too much and KO will need some time in the NBA for any of us to really appreciate what kind of game he has.

Fine, Karl- but Morrison was compared with Bird as well.  Comparing vs crowning?  I don't think anyone crowned him the next Bird or Dirk.

Semantics, I know - just in a foul mood, man!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

give KO some time..........I didn't compare him with those players.........but picked him before the draft..as he gets more experience he will be putting points on the board. Bank on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Many posters on are so ready to quickly jump the gun and prematurely pass judgement.

Oly has lots to learn, especially as a rookie transitioning from College C to NBA PF, and a year or two of progressive development in front of him. 

DA expressed soon after the draft that he expected Oly would develop into a quality contributor, ... never a super star.  That requires another level of athleticism that Oly doesn't have. What he does have is good shooting, passing skills and court sense, which can't be easily learned.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You got to admit he looks a little soft. If only he played more like Tyler Hansborough or Mason Plumlee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Dirk who is a hall of fame player shot only 27% from the three his rookie year. KO, needs time to develop. I'm not sayang he is going to be Dirk Im saying even great players struggle early on. He is a rookie and it is game five. 

Want to judge his game? I'd look at year three. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

No, it will take time for him to learn the players and they are not that great, KO stats will not reflect what some want to see.  He is a team player will multi skills that will take time.  Tommy is right about him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Hope he can play the 5. PFs iN this league are generally way more athletiC than KO. May Hoyt be a "true" center, but those ware a dying breed. I know it's not a fair comparison, but KG did ok at thfate after age diminished his athleticism.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

KO has played well the last few games, hittin the glass and scoring inside the paint. But his jump shot has been way off so far. He seems to be hesitant, overthinking and aiming his jump shot, instead of being in rythym and lettin it flow like in summer league. Another thing is he may be a better shooter with the ball in his hands  (since he use to be a pg) rather than a spot up shooter that he has been relegated to so far. As a pf/center he def needs to work on those spot up 3s cuz they are gonna be open.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Everyone knew Dirk was a HOF player going in?????? That's re-writing history once you've seen the ending! Show 1 person who said that at the time he was draft..  They must truly have been psychic. Dirk was considered a raw prospect- so much that the mavericks knew he'd fall later than their own pick and drafted robert tractor traylor instead, and traded him to the bucks for dirk - who was the 9th pick and the bucks other 1st rounder - the 19th pick pat garrity. Dirk was raw his rookie year. Here's his stats. He struggled like any other developing rookie.

1998-99 20 DAL NBA PF 47 24 20.4 2.9 7.1 .405 0.3 1.4 .206 2.6 5.7 .455 2.1 2.7 .773 0.9 2.6 3.4 1.0 0.6 0.6 1.6 2.2 8.2

Sections
Shortcuts