Is this KG's last year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Is this KG's last year?

link: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Boston_Celtics/2/Home

At 36 years old, Kevin Garnett doesn't have a set date as to when he will retire, but he admits he'll make a decision on a year-to-year basis about whether he wants to keep playing in the NBA.

"I don't know," Garnett said. "I will make a decision every year. I want to make sure I am having fun. I want to make sure I am productive. I got a lot of responsibility on me right now. I'll figure it out. But right now I'm still enjoying myself for the most part."

If the Celtic's funk continues, making small changes is not going  to cut it.  Look instead for a major overhaul, with no player too good not to trade.  I don't think KG will want to be part of that and will opt out of the rest of his contract.

On the otherhand, we do have AB coming back and the 15th of January coming.  Slim hope at this point, but hope nonetheless.

Going to be an interesting month.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Is this KG's last year?

We can only hope.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Unless Danny gets a BIG-MAN or two, this will/should be his last year.....Many, many miles on that boy !!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What's the point in letting KG retire when his salary will still count against the salary cap?

If there are some expecting KG's 11m next season will be removed from the payroll if he retires then you're wrong!

True.......but:

The only exception to this is when a player is still under contract, wants to quit, and his team doesn't want to let him out of his contract. Under these circumstances the player can file for retirement with the league. The player is placed on the league's Voluntarily Retired list, forgoes his remaining salary, and cannot return to the league for one year.

Sounds nasty, but, I suppose, could be a mutual understanding........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What's the point in letting KG retire when his salary will still count against the salary cap?

If there are some expecting KG's 11m next season will be removed from the payroll if he retires then you're wrong!

I don't think so.  Wallace was signed to a 3 year deal and retired after 1.  His salary came off the books.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I doubt KG will retire but you can bet if the Celtics miss the playoffs or have a quick early exit, he may very well consider it.

Why would KG want to play in 5-6 minute increments during the season to ensure he has enough left for the playoffs if the Celtics don't make the playoffs or get eliminated early?

KG is old and you cannot expect him to play the way he played in last year's playoffs for the next couple years.  And what is the purpose of regulating his regular season minutes if the team is below .500?

Right now, this season is a mess and I would only hope that KG wants to stay and help turn things around.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts