Is this team too Soft???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Is this team too Soft???

I get the feeling that there is some truth here..
    .When your coach is saying it.
    its either for motivation or he's concerned. I gues we'll find out soon enough.

http://redsarmy.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Is this team too Soft???

I just don't think we came in physically ready to play.  So much for the vets having this great understanding and ability to cope with the situation.  PP and KG clearly do not look fit yet.  To me, ray and rondo look great.  I think it looks like JO did as well as he could to try to prepare for the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-01-08/Perkins-gives-Oklahoma-City-Thunder-defense-in-the-middle/52469876/1

I just think that a lot of our identity left with Perk and T Allen...
    Not sure if we can really replace that,.those two were our intimidators
    .I hope to be pleasantly surprised by some of the new additions to step up.
    Im excited to see what Peatrus brings to the bench

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In a word:

YES!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

This team isn't soft. They are tough. They might be too old to be good though. This is one of the best defensive Celtics teams that I have seen. They will get better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, Ray & Rondo are in shape but they're not necessarily built to be tough and haven't really guarded the perimeter or even driven strongly to the hoop conistently yet. Every time I see Rondo I just hope he can make it through the season without getting too dinged-up.

Bass is tough on the offensive end but not as tough as BBD on D. I think they hoped Wilcox would bring some toughness on that end but so far he looks like a guy that should've been given just the vet min. Stiemsa definitely provides some intimidation with his shot blocking but still doesn't move his feet enough to be a tough defender.

That said, I'm not sure what makes me more frustrated...KG being the tallest guy on the floor and taking shots from the top of the key with no rebounders underneath the basket -OR- Rondo fiddling & diddling until the shot clock in under 10 seconds and then forcing up a shot from outside the paint.

Sections
Shortcuts