IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

ITS been a nice run fellow boston fans but me thinks the peak days are OVER for now. the sox linda lovelace-like choke job last night signals a major shift in our fate going forward. the pats havent won anything since 2004 and have grown progressively softer to the point where even the raiders are going to run wild all over them and treat them like a $2 street hore this weekend. the sox.. need i say more. yesterday and this month speaks volumes. we likely are going to lose all the stability and intellectual capital of the past few years as heads will roll and a new philosophy will likely be implemented going forward. its funny how much the yanks this year remind me of the old sawx and how we looked worse than the old big-spending low-return corporate yanks. 

the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition. the celtics? oh my! they are in the WORSE position pf all the boston teams. who knows how long the lockout will go on and none of those guys are getting any younger or better? 

in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. with that bar set so high, they have all tried to top themselves at the expense of grasping or balancing the relational and passion aspects. 

look at the celtics last year in the kendrick jabbar-chamberlain perkins trade. he wasnt a great talent but brought in tangibles of passion and chemistry that no computer could ever appreciate, which clearly contributed not only to wins but tough attrtional wins! look at the pats, that seymour trade still haunts us. every old guy like a bruschi swears by him and his legit toughness, leadership and how he kept the ship together both on and off the field. that's a guy you pay the big $ tooand keep at all costs. no X and O can ever duplicate him... period! with the sox, the arrogance was with the johnny damon disrepectful offer, the indifference to guys like adrian beltre and jason bay (tough guys who proved they could handle the high pressure boston market) but gungho about computer-loving softies like edgar renteria, julio lugo, JD drew, on and on. 

its nice to have and keep the smarts and the computer coldness but its better to NEVER ignore the value of a blue-collar work ethic , impassioned chemistry and to always remember that the game is ultimately played by HUMANS not robots or computers! this PRESENT run is over. pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

...as for the Sox......someone out there that like's a challenge and has the time (....Seems, how about it pal...?)......I believe that the top three starters missed a combined total of about 25 starts...I'd love to know what the record was when we had to put spot starters on the mound....I am pretty sure that the record would've been better than it is this morning....that said, epic choke job....having Youk in the lineup would have helped as well.....I hope Papi and "Pap" are back.....along with Tito...!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

why is it the end?

The bruins lost 4 in a row and won the cup...

The sox will have a payroll north of 150million they can fix there mistakes....

the pats will still be good and the celtics are fine.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    [QUOTE]The only way it's going to be the end is if the NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB ceases to exist.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Agree wth you.  The Red Sox had a disappointing season, but I would expect that next season you will see a lot of changes and they will be a much different team.  The Patriots may still have a chance of winning another Super Bowl, but Brady is getting older.  They have to make improvements to their defense,  (this has been an ongoing problem for this team for a few years).  The Bruins will still have a great team this year.  Not sure if the Celtics will even have a season this year.