It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

The statement from DA about Shaq is really troubling.  I am so disappointed it seems Shaq has a achilles injury rather than a calf injury.  If you read the statement it sounds so much like the Garnett debacle two years at this time.

Remember Garnett was dangled as a possibility after the Bulls series and then the throughout the Orlando series.  I hope that Jermaine and Green are ready to amaze because it appears Shaq won't be ready for several playoff games if ever. Remember we were told this was a calf injury not an achilles injury.  I was stupid enough to believe it for a day or so and then it dawned on me the achilles and calf had to be related.  DA gambled and screwed up big time let's hope the Celtics can bail him out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

Shaq is done and so are the Celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Anyone who is a realist knew from that game several weeks ago that it was the achilles.  Shaq failed a simple running test up and down the court today and the official word is that he'll be out of game 1.  What's the point with the pretense?  If he can't even run up and down the court, his season is over.

So is ours.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kirk,
    It was supposed to be a calf injury.  That's what has me bugged.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

I see both your points about this.  I do hope that Kristic starts instead of JO.  I just think that we need his scoring.  We seem to be better off when we have more scoring in the lineup.  But the most important thing in this game without Shaq is Jo and Kristic need to get at least 14 rbs together.  (Hopefully 15 pts also.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

Shaq will not play in this series unless these two scenarios happen:

1. The knicks get to lead the series either 3-0 or 3-1.
    2. If the series is tied 3-3.

I think Shaq would definitely play a decisive game. Even if it is for 5 minutes for moral support.

If the celtics lead the series from the start then is not point in getting him in. That its how i would do it. Then again, i am not a coach or gm...Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am sure many of you read this but read between the lines. He failed a running test.  DA the facilitator even sounded resigned.

Shaquille O'Neal failed tests on his inflamed right Achilles this morning before the Celtics' practice and will not be available for Game 1 of the team's playoff opener tomorrow against the Knicks.

Celtics president Danny Ainge, who had ensured that O'Neal would be healthy enough to play at the start of the postseason, made the announcement in front of then media this afternoon.

O'Neal missed 27 straight games during the regular season from Feb. 4 to April 1. He returned two Sunday's ago against the Pistons, but played just six minutes before straining his calf, sitting out the rest of the season.

Dr. Brian McKeon said that after getting treatment and trying to run on the injured leg today, it hadn't improved enough for O'Neal to play tomorrow. Ainge was leery about saying when O'Neal would return, unwilling to say that it would be at any point during the Celtics' first round series. McKeon said the only true solution is time. The longer O'Neal sits, the healthier he'll be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

Yup, Shaq is questionable for the first round. And with all the BS the managers spewed when Garnett was injured, Shaq is probaly done for the season...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

Just looked into our Regular Season Record Versus the NY Knicks.
    We beat them 4 times this season and Shaq only played one game.  Let's try and be positive about this and just be happy that we know for sure that we have at least 4 games left for sure.  (Let's hope we get him back for Tuesday's game.)  Lastly it's not like the knicks have this great center.  What we need out of Kristic and JO is freakin rebounds.  Plus Kristic can hit a Ft. hahahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

Shaq was hurt April 3 (VS Detroit)
    Listed below is the amount of Rest Shaq will have since the injury.

Game 1 (Apr 17)   (15days)
    Game 2 (Apr 19)   (17days)
    Game 3 (Apr 22)   (20days)
    Game 4 (Apr 24)   (22days)
    *Game 5 (Apr 26) (24days)
    *Game 6 (Apr 29) (27days)
    *Game 7 (May 1)  (29days)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Come on!  Everyone else knew he wasnt coming back! U guys just decided to put ur blindfolds on and go to ur imaginary green make believe kingdom where everything related to the Celtics is cotton candy and cinnamon swirls (Shaqs favorite)!! Well wake up Laker fans  all knew he wasnt coming back!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

here comes the perky questions again.. ainge better hope we pull it out without shaq in first round and perhaps philly can upset the heat. we will need shaq against miami to control the paint and definitely against chicago or orlando. shaq never should have been viewed more than just a luxury item! ainge give him preference and made this news. had we kept perk, this wouldnt even be news for we would have assumed he wasnt coming and be content with just perk-jo with semih on deck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Danny Ainge and the organization have been lying about Shaq's condition. it is his Achilles not some unrelated calf muscle. Shaq is finished. you will never see him play again as a Celtic. The medical staff blew it by having him play against Detroit. He should have been shut down completely until the second round of the playoffs, and his Achilles needed full time to heal. The medical staff put him out there on April 3 in a meaningless game, and all the healing he had done on his Achilles went out the window. They lied about the calf to cover up their incompetence. This is a very poorly run organization, and Danny Ainge needs to be fired. He is a lying clown.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon:
    Danny Ainge and the organization have been lying about Shaq's condition. it is his Achilles not some unrelated calf muscle. Shaq is finished. you will never see him play again as a Celtic. The medical staff blew it by having him play against Detroit. He should have been shut down completely until the second round of the playoffs, and his Achilles needed full time to heal. The medical staff put him out there on April 3 in a meaningless game, and all the healing he had done on his Achilles went out the window. They lied about the calf to cover up their incompetence. This is a very poorly run organization, and Danny Ainge needs to be fired. He is a lying clown.
    Posted by bramrok

The best way to fix the celtics is for McFale to get a front office job in another area, let him trade that teams best player for some celtic scrubs, and boom!

Don't feel too bad, this starting celtic team has yet to lose a series!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

I see both your points about this.  I do hope that Kristic starts instead of JO.  I just think that we need his scoring.  We seem to be better off when we have more scoring in the lineup.  But the most important thing in this game without Shaq is Jo and Kristic need to get at least 14 rbs together.  (Hopefully 15 pts also.)
    Posted by AaronWE

I agree. We've been digging ourselves in a deep hole in the first quarter and playing catch-up the rest of the game. I hope Kristic starts and we can get a jump on the Knicks and their poor D. Here's to hoping

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bramwok,
    Brutal comments but I think you are right.  We won't be seeing Shaq again.
    It was the achilles the whole time.  We knew it two weeks ago and they did to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

With all the great world-class medical institutions in Boston, it amazes me how inept this medical staff is!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Posted by bramrok

I have no problem with the training staff as a whole because I hear their treatment facillities are top notch and I don't think they lied as much as they just continue to mis-diagnose. Everyone knows that the achilles is related to the calf muscle and it even took a young player like Wafer some time to come back from a singular calf strain, so I just wish the staff would advise the FO accurately. Similar to KG's injuries the last couple years, this misinformation just wears a team and fanbase down eventually.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ive been saying it for a long time... you cant trust anything said from the Celtics regarding injuries.. they are too full of s*** to ever trust again.

You mean to tell me his achilles is keeping him out? Hey Celtics management, trainers & medical staff... F*** You!!  These people are so full of s*** it should cause a mini rebellion against them. The same BS they pulled with KG 2 years ago..

Leading everyone on from the get go with Shaq and then putting him in the Piston game premature and pretending it was his calf that got injured... unrelated to the achilles, huh?

I will never trust these con artists... they lie through their teeth to their fans. Why should anyone ever respect them again?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon:
    The statement from DA about Shaq is really troubling.  I am so disappointed it seems Shaq has a achilles injury rather than a calf injury.  If you read the statement it sounds so much like the Garnett debacle two years at this time. Remember Garnett was dangled as a possibility after the Bulls series and then the throughout the Orlando series.  I hope that Jermaine and Green are ready to amaze because it appears Shaq won't be ready for several playoff games if ever. Remember we were told this was a calf injury not an achilles injury.  I was stupid enough to believe it for a day or so and then it dawned on me the achilles and calf had to be related.  DA gambled and screwed up big time let's hope the Celtics can bail him out.
    Posted by concord27

I hate to say "I told you so", but...

Actually, I'm the kind of guys who LOVE'S to say "I told you so".

Anyway, I've said from the start of the season that you guys would be lucky to get much playing time from Shaq because he always seems to be injured. He doesn't make much of an effort to take care of his body and it shows. He's at that age where the body's metabolism starts changing and it takes longer for it to heal.

You think DA might be regretting "the trade" right about now? Kendrick is looking pretty healthy in OKC and the Lakers just might have to work a wee bit harder against them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Surprise, surprise...or not?
    Shaq will not make a meaningful contribution this year. Jermaine will have to do it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Yup, Shaq is questionable for the first round. And with all the BS the managers spewed when Garnett was injured, Shaq is probaly done for the season...
    Posted by donquique

...and on the west coast, Andrew Bynum will be starting for the defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday.

How ironic. Sybil was the one who was praying to the Celtic god's for Bynum's season to end. But it appears the god's turned the tables on Sybil and punished him for his lack of class and sensitivity. That's what happens when you wish something bad on someone else Sybil.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

so the Celts are supposed to let our opponents know what is going on with our team when we dont have to?...cmon folks...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

So much for the Perkins trade. Ainge made a huge gamble and looks like he cost the Celts the season. But: let's see what the playoffs bring.

Sections
Shortcuts