It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

In Response to Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon:
    Doesn't matter if Shaq plays or not, Knicks still win this series.
    Posted by Knicks-Power

Based on what?  Regular season, or playoffs last year...oops, you weren't there, sorry!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon:
    The statement from DA about Shaq is really troubling.  I am so disappointed it seems Shaq has a achilles injury rather than a calf injury.  If you read the statement it sounds so much like the Garnett debacle two years at this time. Remember Garnett was dangled as a possibility after the Bulls series and then the throughout the Orlando series.  I hope that Jermaine and Green are ready to amaze because it appears Shaq won't be ready for several playoff games if ever. Remember we were told this was a calf injury not an achilles injury.  I was stupid enough to believe it for a day or so and then it dawned on me the achilles and calf had to be related.  DA gambled and screwed up big time let's hope the Celtics can bail him out. Some folks in thi forum refuse to accept the fact that DA had no choice.Perkins was going to walk away.The trade gave the celtics some players.
    Posted by concord27

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Posted by Knicks-Power

Last post, 4/17/11.  If you're going to come on here to troll and talk trash, please man up and show yourself again.  Please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What a difference a week makes.  Still no Shaq and could we have underestimated this team without him.  JO is nothing to sneeze at and the big four are feeling that anything is possible again. It may be they can do it without Shaq although it would be great to have him.

Also we need to remind ourselves next week we could feel all is lost.  So let's enjoy it and feel good about our chances because at this point we look pretty darn good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

I had an achillies injury, and it took a long time to heal. At least six months.. If Shaq would lose some weight that would probably help.
    Posted by Kirk6

Mine was two years. I injured it jumping rope and then ignoring the pain. I could play occasionally but the next day I was limping. There was nothing you can do about it either. They don't know how to help it unless there is a total tear and then they can put it back together. What was bizarre was that after two years it went completely away in about a month.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Posted by Knicks-Power

I know that idiotic hyperbole is the trademark of millions of NY fans but I have always wondered how you feel when you get your head handed to you. So I'm asking ...how do you feel after being shown up so badly by your outrageous predictions?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

The Celtics can get by against the Heat or 76ers without Shaq

In fact, I think they could also hang with the Bulls without Shaq

They only need him against the Lakers, the Thunder, the Magic, and the Grizzlies.  They beat the Spurs without him... twice

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Um, I read through all this dribble.

I'll make a few points to the trolls and true BASKETBALL fans.

A. Jermaine O'Neil is back, and is is looking healthy. Everybody notice he can actually run like he did 3-4 years ago? And not just up and down the court, but side to side.

B. Jermaine O'Neil WHEN relatively HEALTHY is an excellent pick and roll defender and shot blocker. He is actually better than Perkins ever was at this. Seeing a few of the last regular season games courtside, I was really shocked and happily surprised at how great he looked and how quick he was able to run up and down the floor(and Perkins could never run as quick even when he was healthy).

Few other points to bring up. JO actually has a great midrange jumpshot game,has excellent hands and is a great passer as well, and can shoot FREETHROWS. Perkins or Shaq(Shaq does have good hands though and can pass very well) are not as good in this regard.

If you guys actually paid attention to JO in the first series he was a defensive BEAST, and was a reliable 4th/5th scoring option.

The Celtics are better off with JO starting at center than Shaq. He is excellent with KG, and each and every game him and KG plays together, they just get better and better on interior defense.

The Key to the Celtics winning #18 is actually already playing center, its Jermaine O'Neil.

Now if we can get Shaq back and have him play a meaningful 10-15 minutes and rotate him and Jermaine in and out with Krstic or baby taking up 5 minutes at center we will have an unstoppable center lineup and will allow Baby davis to slide over to the PF to back up KG the majority of time then we have a bonus situation on our hands here.

We actually don't need Shaq for the full Miami series. Id rather have him for the game or 2 against Miami and then for Chicago/Atlanta(yeah Orlando is done this year)series afterwards.

And trust me, Atlanta matches up very well with Chicago, a team the Bulls don't want to see this year in the semi finals. ;) Chicago isn't a team that scares me and they are technically a 1 trick pony(Rose) with some decent complimentary parts(Noah,Deng,Boozer) and nothing more. ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I think the Celtics can beat the Heat or Bulls without Shaq.

I KNOW the Celtics WILL beat the Heat or Bulls WITH Shaq.

That, friends, is the difference.

Sections
Shortcuts