It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon

I still maitain that the Celtics only need Shaq for the Lakers. We have the tools to play ever other team in the play-offs without Shaq.

It is the focus that needs to come back, not Shaq. If this year is like last year, that will return with the play-offs. KG is healthy again, Baby can play Howard, and JO and Baby can play Boozer. KG can play Noah.

Time for Rondo to grow up and focus.

Bring on the focus!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon : It's been 4 days and you still haven't shown us the proof that I said Andrew Bynum will be out for the playoffs. I predicted Bynum getting hurt just before the playoffs, I got that right. But I never said anything about Bynum not being able to play in the playoffs.  Keep posting, the Celtics have a game tomorrow night. At the rate you're going it's looking like another Celtics victory.  Don't forget even though you're one obnoxious troll you're the Vince Carter of trolls, half amazing, half troll.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Sybil, but I can't search every thread cause I'm really not sure which of your alter egos you used. Regardless, everyone on this board is aware of your wishing inuries on other players, in particular anyone wearing the "purple & gold". But does it really count as a prediction if the player gets hurt and still plays? I guess technically you're right...Bynum was injured. But he's going to "man up" and play through the pain. It's obvious that he wants another ring.

On the other hand, my prediction that Shaq would spend considerable time in the trainers room was also spot on. And he's still there. His fat butt isn't getting on the floor cause he knows he'll get paid regardless...and isn't that really what Shaq is all about? A hired gun who can't perform what he was hired to do. Shaq's best days are well in the past. In fact, his best days are when he played for the Lakers. Danny Ainge, being the genius that he is, brought in the Big Methusaleh and broken down Jermaine O'Neal and then proceeded to trade one of the "core" five who Doc said the Lakers never beat (of course we can say the same since Bynum was out when the C's won it in '08). I doubt that those moves are going to earn DA Executive of the Year.

Shaq doesn't care about winning another ring. He just wants to collect that paycheck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Man Qdaddy I did not know you were that dumb.  Shaq and the one million and change he makes mean nothing to him.  He made 350 million during his career sans the commercials. He wants a fifth ring to negate Kobe's. It drives him insane that the entitled Kobe thinks he actually played real role in the first three he won for the Lakers.

The money is nothing and title means everything.  Please keep harping on Bynum being a warrior and Shaq a hired gun.  Karma is a wonderful thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]I still maitain that the Celtics only need Shaq for the Lakers. We have the tools to play ever other team in the play-offs without Shaq. It is the focus that needs to come back, not Shaq. If this year is like last year, that will return with the play-offs. KG is healthy again, Baby can play Howard, and JO and Baby can play Boozer. KG can play Noah. Time for Rondo to grow up and focus. Bring on the focus!!!
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Ageeed 100% Minnesota.  Keep in mind that we signed Shaq for minimum and anything he was gonna provide was considered a bonus.  However against the lenth of the Lakers he would not be a bonus but a necessity so don't fret Shaq's abesence until if and when that happens.

That said, my confidence that Shaq will come back this year is nil.  He's been out since February for essentially the same issue, so if it hasn't gotten better in 2+ months, it ain't gonna get better in the next few weeks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Ohh noo.  this is not good.  and i thought they were resting him for maximum strength and durability for the playoff run. 

We can get by the knicks without Shaq, but the Bulls and Miami will be difficult and it is highly doubtful IMO that we can win a series against the lakers in LA without a healthy Shaq. 

I can only hope that another couple of weeks will make the difference but after all this time and he was limping after a few minutes of light work does not bode well...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Jfaust, Ha Ha Ha.... what you drink is what you are.

Try some pure water next time. It will help to get your head out of the toilet more often.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Man Qdaddy I did not know you were that dumb.  Shaq and the one million and change he makes mean nothing to him.  He made 350 million during his career sans the commercials. He wants a fifth ring to negate Kobe's. It drives him insane that the entitled Kobe thinks he actually played real role in the first three he won for the Lakers. The money is nothing and title means everything.  Please keep harping on Bynum being a warrior and Shaq a hired gun.  Karma is a wonderful thing.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I know how much Shaq has made. He played in LA...remember?! And he could've finished his career there and still made good money AND won more rings. Until he tried to extort money from Dr. Buss. Shaq FINALLY won his 4th ring, but it was only while riding on D-Wade's coattails. At least Dr. Buss and Mitch Kupchak could see that Shaq's best days were behind him. And they're still paying dividends with the results of that trade...Lamar Odom, who has helped them win 2 and probably a 3rd ring.

Since he can't get anyone else to pay his broke butt maximum $$$, he took what he could get. That's why he's not coming out of the trainers room. Why should he?...he can get paid and not worry about getting injured any more than he has. Winning another ring isn't at the top of his priority list. If it was, he would've stayed in LA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Q
    You make less sense than a five year old.  Your arguments are over seven years old.  The guy is injured and he wants to beat Kobe's little pin head in more than anything.  It appears that will be up to the rest of the Celtics roster for now.

Bynum is injured however and look for it to really sink next round of the playoffs. I can't wait to see that. Bynum by the way will weigh more than Shaq before he is through.  He never looks in shape and the guy is 23.  Take a look at Shaq at 23.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Kirk, It was supposed to be a calf injury.  That's what has me bugged.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Calf muscle(s) connect to the achilles tendon, so they're related.
    But this is bad news anyway you look at it.
    As long as Shaq is out, I have no expectations for the Celtics in the playoffs.  I'm sure they'll step up their game, but sometimes the load is just too heavy.
    IMHO, we need Shaq for at least 15-20 effective minutes to have a shot at a title.
    And you need to include JO for another 20 minutes.
    Hope DA brings a flak jacket when he attends the games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Kobe is not a rapist. But that's irrelevant to the theme of this thread.

Will Shaq play another game in the NBA? No one can answer that question. Any fan who is interested can do is some research on the Achilles tendon. They will learn that the calf muscle is attached to the Achilles. When Shaq came up lame, I knew it was related to his announced injury.

Any fan that tries to use God as a means to win a title has some serious psychological and spiritual problems. Their priorities are really screwed up if somehow they hope that the Lord will intercede for something sooo frivolous.

A TRUE fan prays for the health and welfare of all the players in the league and not just the players of the team they support. They want to win with everyone being healthy. The CORRUPT fan is one who prays that  a competing franchise's players get hurt. To see it as a badge of honor to HATE the players on an opposing team is SICK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]Kobe is not a rapist. But that's irrelevant to the theme of this thread. Will Shaq play another game in the NBA? No one can answer that question. Any fan who is interested can do is some research on the Achilles tendon. They will learn that the calf muscle is attached to the Achilles. When Shaq came up lame, I knew it was related to his announced injury. Any fan that tries to use God as a means to win a title has some serious psychological and spiritual problems. Their priorities are really screwed up if somehow they hope that the Lord will intercede for something sooo frivolous. A TRUE fan prays for the health and welfare of all the players in the league and not just the players of the team they support. They want to win with everyone being healthy. The CORRUPT fan is one who prays that  a competing franchise's players get hurt. To see it as a badge of honor to HATE the players on an opposing team is SICK.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

Nice post. I agree that I would rather see all the players healthy on all the teams for the playoffs. Injuries to key players in the playoffs takes away from the game but are a reality. Suppose any of these players went out for the playoffs, Kobe, Rose, Garnett, Durant, Howard. Does anyone think their team has any chance to win, nope. If Rose went down the Bulls would not win any games.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Looks like Shaq is done for the season.. He couldnt even run the court without coming up lame.. After all this time it seems like hes back to square one.

What about these docters/trainers on the Celtics???

Accodring to the Celtic medical idiots, Rest is the only way to heal this injury yet they brought him back premature (once again) against the Pistons... real good judgement... snap it goes again..

Now they want to try him out again... snap!!! He cant even run up court without wresthing in pain.. WHat are these  people thinking??? Cant they tell from some simple, low impact stretches and walks if Shaq is ready to run like a basketball player???

They did it to KG and they did it to Shaq..  should have waited until he was really ready instead of forcing it and winding up with more and more setbacks...

Add the that... the Celtics are lying con artists about injuries.. got your money though... worked out for them

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

We don't need Shaq to beat NewYork, so let him rest all he wants. But we do need him if we really want to beat Miami.

If Shaq comes back healthy, we are going all the way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Great post! Bottom line, any team that faces the C's in the playoffs will have to beat them 4 out of 7-games. The C's still have 4-all stars / great players, and an above average bench. In addition, they are healthy (except for Shaq) and well rested.

What an opportunity! If successful (championship run), this team will cement a place for themselves in NBA history, as the team that made one last incredible "run for the trophy."

Yes I am an optimist, an optimist who watched the same coach and 4-all star players make an incredible run to the finals last year.

I believe in this team (Owners, GM, Coach, and Players)!! Go Celtics!!!

NOTE, Never underestimate the heart of a champion!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Start Kristic Please, or Green or Baby.

JO will help, but he just cloggs everything up on offense.
    Play JO when Rondo is on the bench.
    This means there is always 4 guys that can knock down shots.

I like the trade and believe the players and coach is the real problem.
    I can promise that the Celtics would have had a slow down either way.
    They did the same thing last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Looks like Shaq's done.  Sad way to go out of the game.  Ainge's gamble failed.
    Celtics might make it to the Eastern Championship against Chicago, but that's the end of the road for this team.  Shaq really wanted this; he signed with this team in part because it gave him the best chance to play Kobe in the finals. There will no Willis Reed story here.

I love the optimism, but have people not been watching what is happening to this team on the boards?  In the post?  On defense down low?  Kristic cannot play defense; Baby is too short for the 5 spot; Troy Murphy?  Please.  This team's hope for a title now rests squarely on the shoulders of Jermaine O'Neal.  It's silly to think any NBA team can win a championship without a true big man.  Boston is going to commit a crazy amount of fouls in the playoffs without Shaq.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Dear head in the toilet,

Class -Celtics 101:

JO is the starting center for the Celtics, Krystic and Baby are the back up centers until Shaq returns.

If and when Shaq returns, Krystic becomes the third string center.

If you had watched the Celtics last year, with a recovering KG, you would have seen that the regular season meant nothing. If you also watched the Lakers this year, I hope that you also learned that the regular season meant nothing. I still think that it will be Celtics-Lakers in the finals, however, I would have been more confident of a Celtic beat down of the Lakers if Perkins were still available. If Shaq can play, then ...Celtics in six.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i agree

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We could not have gotten a worse draw.  The Knicks are everything that you don't want to face. They have three stars, and obnoxious fan base and a belief they will be a title contender next year.

We beat them however without getting injured we may be more playoff tough for the next rounds. This is what I am hoping for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Knicks-Power. Show Knicks-Power's posts

Doesn't matter if Shaq plays or not, Knicks still win this series.

Sections
Shortcuts