"It feels like they didn't have any shot blockers," Smith comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

"It feels like they didn't have any shot blockers," Smith comments

Then he finishes it with "So take it to the basket, draw fouls."

We do have shot blockers, happens to be that they are bench warmers. I was baffled by the way Bass played and Doc never made adjustments. With KG out, one would think Rivers would give DJ AND Randolph a chance but nope, Bass played what it seemed to be 60 minutes...ridiculous,  i don't know if Rivers does it on purpose a strategy or what? Give Woodson credit, he has kep the knicks right there and plays his nobody's unlike Rivers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

That would not be the case if KG was playing.

Def..but he could have at least tried the other guys...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

Re:

Just one of the many problems, Knicks had two point guards Felton and Kidd.   Kidd schooled Bradley all nite on both ends of the court.   It was foolish to think PP at his age could handle the job.  Expected this after teams figured us out without Rondo   .Maybe Rivers can suit up for the remainder of the season     I  FORGOT  THE  ERA  OF TRUE  POINT  GUARDS  IS GONE            SILLY PEEPS

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re:

In response to cabutan's comment:

We do have shot blockers, happens to be that they are bench warmers. I was baffled by the way Bass played and Doc never made adjustments. With KG out, one would think Rivers would give DJ AND Randolph a chance but nope, Bass played what it seemed to be 60 minutes...ridiculous,  i don't know if Rivers does it on purpose a strategy or what? Give Woodson credit, he has kep the knicks right there and plays his nobody's unlike Rivers.

the Celtics had 6 blocks last night.

They average 4.5 blocks a game for the year.

So last night they had 1.5 more blocks than they average. But the problem was that they didn't block shots.

Okay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

Re:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

So last night they had 1.5 more blocks than they average. But the problem was that they didn't block shots.

Okay.

The problem is lack on effort by all in green even Jason Kidd was crashing the boards getting rebounds as all celtics were just standing waiting for it to drop in thier laps. As much as i like Doc thier is no reason to put a team out thier who expects something to be given to them and that is on DOC. iF BASS wont rebound bench him and put in one of the new guys a statement needs to be sent in that locker room . Winning and effort are two different things yeah were short handed and i could take a loss when guys are hustling ,, ITS EMBARRASSING TO WATCH.. IF DOC WASNT DOC HE WOULD BE ON THE HOT SEAT FOR SURE 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re:

In response to TPETTEWAY1's comment:

Okay.

The problem is lack on effort by all in green even Jason Kidd was crashing the boards getting rebounds as all celtics were just standing waiting for it to drop in thier laps. As much as i like Doc thier is no reason to put a team out thier who expects something to be given to them and that is on DOC. iF BASS wont rebound bench him and put in one of the new guys a statement needs to be sent in that locker room . Winning and effort are two different things yeah were short handed and i could take a loss when guys are hustling ,, ITS EMBARRASSING TO WATCH.. IF DOC WASNT DOC HE WOULD BE ON THE HOT SEAT FOR SURE 

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re:

Okay.

They could have blocked more! or at least shown some presence/effort. did you see how many putbacks? easy ones that is. I think Smith alone had like 10 of those!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re:

That would not be the case if KG was playing.

Def..but he could have at least tried the other guys...

Remember when some here wanted Fab Melo getting minutes for the Celts?

After seeing Fab Melo in green, those who wanted to give him 10 minutes per game wanted him to go back to the D-League.

DJ White and Shavlick Randolph are not known for defense.

Let's wait until the Celts' season is over before jumping to conclusions.

Remember 2010?

That was Melo. Hey at least he was given a chance. Whether DJ or Randolph could have or couldnt have contributed, WE DONT KNOW.. I know this, I bet ya they could have contributed more than what Bass did.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re:

I used to think you could force Bass to rebound more but I'm not sure any more. He's just not good at much of anything. He handles the ball like a hot potato, and he plays probably the dumbest game I can remember. Last game he jumped randomly like he had been pushed, even though he was never touched, and just lost the ball out of bounds for no reason. He's as useless as they come. Perhaps he'll show up for a game or two per year, but that's it. He just stinks and doesn't play tough or with energy or smart. He stinks and he starts every game. I just can't explain it. Yes, I would prefer to start Fab Melo at center over Bass. Yes. I don't think it would be significantly worse, and Melo would definitely put a little fear in the opponents coming into the lane. And maybe you can get him to work on a hook shot or something. In summation, Bass stinks and will start every game for the rest of the year anyways. Bleh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re:

In response to chetgnat's comment:

I used to think you could force Bass to rebound more but I'm not sure any more. He's just not good at much of anything. He handles the ball like a hot potato, and he plays probably the dumbest game I can remember. Last game he jumped randomly like he had been pushed, even though he was never touched, and just lost the ball out of bounds for no reason. He's as useless as they come. Perhaps he'll show up for a game or two per year, but that's it. He just stinks and doesn't play tough or with energy or smart. He stinks and he starts every game. I just can't explain it. Yes, I would prefer to start Fab Melo at center over Bass. Yes. I don't think it would be significantly worse, and Melo would definitely put a little fear in the opponents coming into the lane. And maybe you can get him to work on a hook shot or something. In summation, Bass stinks and will start every game for the rest of the year anyways. Bleh.

I agree. Such a big guy and he gets bumped easily....Now I must admit that I had it wrong when I thought Bass was a Baby upgrade. I think Orlando got the best of the deal..

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re:

By the way re: above post...I miss Big Baby. He was a Banger & gave all out rebounding. His size helped him muscle out taller players. Unfortunately, at 6'8", he really couldn't compete with Bynum, Howard, Gasol etc. beign able to reach higher for rebounds. Had he been 3 or 4 inches taller, he'd beeen a beast as good as Bynum a couple of years ago.

Yes "Cs" are weak rebounding, especially on Off rebs as they send 4 men back quickly to defend but on Def Reb board, I have never seen another team like the "Cs" allow so many tap ins. I would guess the Knicks had at least 10 last night. I mean if you are not going to rebound, at least try to box someone out !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re:

Glen Davis has not played for a while since he is injured.  If he was still with the Celtics he would just one more injured player on the current Celtics team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Rivers is an idiot.

He thinks Brandon Bass is an allstar center.

=====================================

Bass would be OK as a 6th man on a team with 3-4  stars like the Heat, OKC, the Spurs, Clippers or the Nuggets becasue he'd be left open a lot.

But the "Cs" don't have stars only 2 aging ones & guys like Bass, Green, Bradley are expected to be the stars but, alas, they are not sufficient to carry our mediocre team. In retrospect, I wish KG had waived his no trade & we got Bledsoe & DeAndre Jordan. I'm not unhappy we didn't send PP to Siberia, Atlanta, for Josh Smith although I would have liked the trade. He deserves to retire in Green as he spent many lean years with us but KG had his best years with Minn !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Re:

is this not the ....PERFECT TIME....to bring up

FABULOUS MELO....park his buttocks down low

with explicit orders to ....block....everything

and anyone...as hard and often as possible...

if not now...then WHEN?. 

Sections
Shortcuts