It gets more difficult (What else is new)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It gets more difficult (What else is new)

Wanted the Pacer-Heat series to go 7 and us to finish off the 6'ers in 5 or 6.
    Heat just finished Pacers off in Game 6 and we've got a Game 7 to take care of if we are to advance to the next round.
    So, they get more rest and we get less.
    I think for the remainder of our postseason, I will be watching with one eye closed.
    The road keeps getting tuffer.
    Sucks, but I'm glad we're still in the hunt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: It gets more difficult (What else is new)

this is why the game 6 loss was so huge....heat get three days off, and we get one if we beat philly....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: It gets more difficult (What else is new):
    [QUOTE]this is why the game 6 loss was so huge....heat get three days off, and we get one if we beat philly....
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Yup, yup, and if we do, yup more one more.
    It is what it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to It gets more difficult (What else is new):
    [QUOTE]Wanted the Pacer-Heat series to go 7 and us to finish off the 6'ers in 5 or 6. Heat just finished Pacers off in Game 6 and we've got a Game 7 to take care of if we are to advance to the next round. So, they get more rest and we get less. I think for the remainder of our postseason, I will be watching with one eye closed. The road keeps getting tuffer. Sucks, but I'm glad we're still in the hunt.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Not sure at all what hunt you are talking about.

We are fast playing out the string IMHO.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Well let's see Puddin...

I'm pretty sure that the hunt he's talking about is that we're in the playoffs, second round and about to play game 7.

Unless I slept through it and the 6ers won, I'd say that makes us in the hunt.

I'm pretty sure we're in the hunt until a final buzzer sounds in a deciding game with us behind.

Might we not score more points than them on Saturday and win?

Might we not possibly do something in the next round?

Isn't that why they play the games?

If you've got a way to predict the future, let us know won't you?

Otherwise I'm with whoever says we're still in the hunt!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Well let's see Puddin... I'm pretty sure that the hunt he's talking about is that we're in the playoffs , second round and about to play game 7 . Unless I slept through it and the 6ers won, I'd say that makes us in the hunt. I'm pretty sure we're in the hunt until a final buzzer sounds in a deciding game with us behind. Might we not score more points than them on Saturday and win? Might we not possibly do something in the next round? Isn't that why they play the games? If you've got a way to predict the future, let us know won't you? Otherwise I'm with whoever says we're still in the hunt !
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

Glad you aked.

I have a bunion on my right foot that is highly predictive... and it is hurtin' right about now.

Hate to say but that's not a good sign.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

That is why the Celtics must come out and put the sixers out of their misery ealy so the starters can rest the fourth quarter!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]this is why the game 6 loss was so huge....heat get three days off, and we get one if we beat philly....
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Ya but we'll have the momentum & they'll be a bit stale (HA!!!!). I dusted off my old copy of Dale Carnegie's "Power of Positive Thinking" while making the aforementioned comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to It gets more difficult (What else is new):
    [QUOTE]Wanted the Pacer-Heat series to go 7 and us to finish off the 6'ers in 5 or 6. Heat just finished Pacers off in Game 6 and we've got a Game 7 to take care of if we are to advance to the next round. So, they get more rest and we get less. I think for the remainder of our postseason, I will be watching with one eye closed. The road keeps getting tuffer. Sucks, but I'm glad we're still in the hunt.

They should have won it in 5.  They blew an 18 pt lead in game 4 and now feels like its coming back to haunt us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" We are fast playing out the string IMHO."

Only because Bradley is out for good and Allen and Pierce are gimped up. If that weren't the case we'd be seriously in the hunt for the Finals. 

As it stands we should give the Heat some tough games. I'll be rooting hard for the team even if their fate is semi-sealed. Will you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It gets more difficult (What else is new) : They should have won it in 5.  They blew an 18 pt lead in game 4 and now feels like its coming back to haunt us.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]
    Remember Orlando in 2010.  Weren't we up 3 zip and then couldn't close, and then the series dragged out and Rondo got a back injury, etc etc.
    It's dejavu all over again, to quote a pinstriper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It gets more difficult (What else is new) : Not sure at all what hunt you are talking about. We are fast playing out the string IMHO. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    C'mon Pud.  Put that hardcore Mayberry cynicism on the shelf next to Aunt Bee's pickles for a little bit and get fired up for Game 7.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]That is why the Celtics must come out and put the sixers out of their misery ealy so the starters can rest the fourth quarter!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

It would be great to see this happen, but they haven't dominated many games during the playoffs this season.  I expect that it will be a very close game.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It gets more difficult (What else is new) : It would be great to see this happen, but they haven't dominated many games during the playoffs this season.  I expect that it will be a very close game.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    The issue for me is if they is win how will they play the Heat without Bradley?  We are now a team without a two guard.  Pietrus and Pavlovic will have to play like stars. That is if Doc plays them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It gets more difficult (What else is new) : The issue for me is if they is win how will they play the Heat without Bradley?  We are now a team without a two guard.  Pietrus and Pavlovic will have to play like stars. That is if Doc plays them.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Doc doesn't really have any choice.  He can't expect Ray to play the entire game considering that he is trying to play with an injury.  In order for us to have a chance of winning game 7 both Pietrus and Pavlovic both have to contribute.  The key to game 7 is Pierce, KG, Rondo and Bass all have one of their best playoff games.  Although, I would say that Rondo is the most important factor to our winning this game.  If Rondo isn't dominant we will probably lose. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think if we can win tomorrow, our best chance to sneak one in Miami is Monday. The C's don't like 3-4 days rest, they play better when they have 1-2 days off and stay on schedule. Hopefully the Heat will cool down if they're sitting 3 days. Of course let's win tomorrow first.

I expect big games from Rondo and KG

This team doesn't handle prosperity well. They have to be criticized, up against a wall and challenged to get the best out of them. I don't know why but that's their makeup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If the Cs push past Philly on Sat. then DOC must use more fresh bodies against the Heat. And the key: physical. The Cs must play very physical.

Now back to the fresh bodies idea. Since the Cs have had very little rhythm throughout the playoffs then this idea should not disrupt any flow. Quicker substituions. More bench players with 2 or 3 starters at a time. If a balance can be struck, that will keep the Cs a bit fresher longer. And will keep everyone engaged.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The Celtics could still potentially beat the Heat.  It will be extremely difficult without Bradley and with half a Ray Allen but the could.  SA and OKC would be even more difficult.

With that said they have to win tonight obviously.

Good year though either way.  I didn't expect much at all from this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree. I think Ainge built the roster to deal with Wade & Bron...defense on the wings. Bradley will be missed but I think Doc will use Pav/Quis/Pietrus/Ray to cover both of them switching from time to time.

I would also like to see Sean Williams get some run. his athleticism and size at the rim will help KG/Steemer/Hollins.

Forgive me for looking past the Sixers but I just can't see the Big 4 blowing this opportunity tomorrow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its a flip of the coin if we get past the 76ers...No lead is safe for either team and we have been miserable offensively.

Should we beat the 6ers, I hold only the very slightest of hope at all agasint winning the Heat series.  Not with Ray playing like he is with injury and certainly not with AB out, who has shown an ability to check Wade..  We dont have a #2 and our best 1on1 defender and our best 3 baller.  They say Bosh will get back sometime this series. Even if he doesnt, slim to none is our chances imo.

But I will say this, this team has a chance to accomplish more than I thought at beginning of season., I thought make the playoffs..maybe 1st round but not 2nd round... With the emergence of AB ( total shock to me) it really turned things for us..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It gets more difficult (What else is new) : C'mon Pud.  Put that hardcore Mayberry cynicism on the shelf next to Aunt Bee's pickles for a little bit and get fired up for Game 7.

Dunno if I can get fired up for game 7.

My bunion is really killing me... and don't ask how a macho guy like me gets bunions.

Don't dare go there.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. I think Ainge built the roster to deal with Wade & Bron...defense on the wings. Bradley will be missed but I think Doc will use Pav/Quis/Pietrus/Ray to cover both of them switching from time to time. I would also like to see Sean Williams get some run. his athleticism and size at the rim will help KG/Steemer/Hollins. Forgive me for looking past the Sixers but I just can't see the Big 4 blowing this opportunity tomorrow.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that optimism, BiasLewis.  I love it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It gets more difficult (What else is new) : They should have won it in 5.  They blew an 18 pt lead in game 4 and now feels like its coming back to haunt us.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

Ru reading "The secrets of Negative thinking"???

Sections
Shortcuts