It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL

Wow, Lebron drives across the key and levels Chandler with full body blow. He misses the shot. And no call. Shocker. What a joke. The announcers just did not know what to say. Then some plays later, Wade gets breathed on down low and they blow the whistle. Just does not make sense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL

Cuban is Stern's least favorite owner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

the timing of the calls that they are calling on dallas is killing the mavs (just like they killed us), especially when they arent even fouls.
    if your gonna call it on one side, at least call it when another superstar in dirk gets the same foul on the other side but ends with no whistle.
    mavs have no chance if this continues.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Interesting... as predicted I fell asleep in the 3rd qtr but I did notice one thing this thread has opened my eyes on..

Watching the highlights I noticed Lebron driving the lane for a dunk. It bugged me that Chandler was in perfect position to take a charge or at least compete to block the shot. Instead he did a fast back peddle to get out of Lebrons way..

That bothered me until I read this thread and noticed what was said. How CHandler got run over by Lebron and no call... doesnt surprise me he backs away if hes feelings he'll get called with a foul no matter what and taking a beating getting steam rolled by Lebron to boot.

Interesting how the refs can make a difference not just on a bad whislte/non whistle, but how it may impact the play the rest of the game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL:
    Cuban is Stern's least favorite owner.
    Posted by concord27

You may be right.  Cuban is usually very outspoken and I am sure that Stern doesn't like anyone who speaks his mind. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

As everyone is crying over questionable officiating against the Mavs, here are the facts:  Heat 26 FT attempts, Mavs 32 FT attempts.  Okay, continue your belching and whining.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Thank God its the Mavs turn being screwed in the Finals by The Stern Machine and not us.

I can tell you right now that LeBron and DWade are going to eclipse all of the Russell era championship records.

Its already been decided.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL:
    As everyone is crying over questionable officiating against the Mavs, here are the facts:  Heat 26 FT attempts, Mavs 32 FT attempts.  Okay, continue your belching and whining.
    Posted by icnd

I cant really comment about the officiating last night, although the usual biased job wouldnt surprise me.

But, the number of FT's each team gets doesnt define the fairness of the officiating.

Heck, if we played a 1on1 game and I fouled you 5 straight times but only 2 fouls were called...and you didnt foul me once.. Well, you'd have taken 4 FT's to my 0 FT's....does that mean the refs called a fair game or a game in your favor?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : I cant really comment about the officiating last night, although the usual biased job wouldnt surprise me. But, the number of FT's each team gets doesnt define the fairness of the officiating. Heck, if we played a 1on1 game and I fouled you 5 straight times but only 2 fouls were called...and you didnt foul me once.. Well, you'd have taken 4 FT's to my 0 FT's....does that mean the refs called a fair game or a game in your favor?
    Posted by Karllost

Words like "fair game" or "biased" are all subjective - it's based on perception.  Because 99% of posters here would love to see the Heat bus go over a cliff, they cite every questionable call/non-call as examples of favoritism for Miami, totally ignoring that, in the end, Dallas received more FTs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : Words like "fair game" or "biased" are all subjective - it's based on perception.  Because 99% of posters here would love to see the Heat bus go over a cliff, they cite every questionable call/non-call as examples of favoritism for Miami, totally ignoring that, in the end, Dallas received more FTs.

Let me be clear:  I'm not a Heat fan but there was one play in the 4th last night when Lebron clearly got whacked on the top of the head by Marion - James head clearly jerked back.  Apparently, everyone saw that except the three refs.  Funny how this example was not brought up by the posters here.
    Posted by icnd

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : Good point Karl. Why take a hard hit if no call is going to be made. My favorite of the night had to be Lebron's fourth foul. Yes, I wrote that right. 4th. He ran over Chandler (I think) on a high pic. Then the refs conversed with Lebron for like a minute. Crazy. Sorry, the Mavs have no shot if it continues to be called in Heats favor. One or 2 calls I understand, but all night long.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Yeah, all those calls against the Mavs, you'd think the Heat were up 50-0 in FT attempts.  Except the facts are:  Heat 26FTs, Mavs 32FTs.  Don't you hate it when facts gets in the way of a good conspiracy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Of course it really boils down to can you make your shots when it matters most. Dallas storms out in the 3rd with a 7-0 run. (So, I have to admitt I turned out for a bit because the picture was all garbled for some reason). It looks like they are in total control only to then lose the lead and any flow: rhythm. If your rhythm is being interrupted by poor officiating, it can make it hard to continue making shots and good plays. And Karl that dunk play you are refering to, where was the foul? I just did not see it. I see guys landing on their backs and getting hit hard, nothing. Lebron drives and dunks, whistle blown. You can't call some ticky tack fouls and not all ticky tack fouls. So inconsistent, and that inconsistency changes games for sure.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Obviously you're delusional, continuously ignoring the facts.  Go on, continue with your dumb rants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : Words like "fair game" or "biased" are all subjective - it's based on perception.  Because 99% of posters here would love to see the Heat bus go over a cliff, they cite every questionable call/non-call as examples of favoritism for Miami, totally ignoring that, in the end, Dallas received more FTs.
    Posted by icnd

icnd, I think part of the reason is those two guys, Wade & Leb, have received the benefit of the refs whislte for so long (years) that when it happens again, its already on everyones minds so every questionable call is magnified.

I dont think theres any way around it and that may be unfair to a degree but understandable.

Personally, I dont like or trust the NBA refs , especially when one of them sat in a prison cell and admitted he and other refs cheat.  Coupled with the GAG RULE for any player/coach to breathe a word of criticism about the refs.

I understand your point of view but once a person gets it in their head the distrust and favoritism, its not gonna go away. Whether its credible or not is up to ones opinion.   Mine is its credible

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

So they way to judge if a game is called fairly is to just compare the FT's attempts. Wow. Amazing. Who is delusional....
    Posted by antiqueman1

Okay, I didn't mean to get personal but really?  Ranting and snickering over Heat favoritism while ignoring basic facts is extremely weak, don't you think?  Furthermore, if the Heat had the advantage in FTs, you'd be the first in line to mention that in your posts, right?  You're blinded by hatred of Miami, pure and simple and any posts from you concerning the Heat is out of spite.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Posted by icnd

I'm sure that's true. You really want to see if there's bias, you need to sit down, be impartial, and analyze every single play. Any takers?
    I also don't understand that, if posters here really think the NBA is rigged, why do they still watch? isn't that silly?
    I'm not saying there's no bias to favor superstars, but I don't believe in the "rigges" and "fixed" arguments. That said, James should be in the NFL and not on a basketball court. He's playing pretty well tough, I have to say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : I'm sure that's true. You really want to see if there's bias, you need to sit down, be impartial, and analyze every single play. Any takers? I also don't understand that, if posters here really think the NBA is rigged, why do they still watch? isn't that silly? I'm not saying there's no bias to favor superstars, but I don't believe in the "rigges" and "fixed" arguments. That said, James should be in the NFL and not on a basketball court. He's playing pretty well tough, I have to say.
    Posted by basketbert

I agree with you about LeBron playing football.  He would probably be a very good football player. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : I agree with you about LeBron playing football.  He would probably be a very good football player. 
    Posted by susan250

Like him or hate him, he's also a very good basketball player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

This game was lost by Terry, Barea, and Stojakovic no-showing for Dirk. On both sides, I just don't know what's going to be called. Bad officiating isn't favoring one side or the other, though it happens. Bad officiating is when two similar things happen on each side of the court, but both are called differently. From that standpoint, this game was awful to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : I am not ranting. Just stating how I saw the game. I never base my opinions on free throw attempts icnd. So, no, I would not even mention it in my post. I will be the first to admit I don't like the Heat, but I did not even base my opinions on that. I even said, bottom line you have to make your shots. Dallas did not. I don't take away anything from the Heat. They put together a strong team. No doubt. But if you watched last night, the officiating was poor.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Your thread starter is a cryptic rant that encourages other more elaborate rants.

The "It" in "It has already started...."  is loaded with cynicism and conspiracy that takes everything away from the integrity of the NBA and the Heat.

Certainly a far cry from your lame rewrite that "the officiating was poor."

Stop watching the NBA!

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I watched about 10 minutes of the game. I saw the terrible over the back call on Dirk and the terrible clean strip call on Dirk; both were clean plays but were called fouls on Dirk (Dirk, arguably the best player on the floor). The ABC guys noted the latter (the strip) was a bad call, and very easy to see that it was bad (all ball, nobody blocking the refs view).  Both at key junctures of the game...both really bad...So, watch less NBA, yes; cyncial, yes, yes...I don't see these types of systemic referee mistakes in other sports, although all refs make errors, regardless of the sport.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

well put, futbal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: It has already started. Lebron barrels over Chandler. NO CALL : At least we all know you didn't watch the game.
    Posted by tompenny

I didn't watch the game with blinders on, if that's what you implying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Dirk did go over the back,and Dallas will lose 99.44% percent of the time,when Miami bench outscores them 27 to 17. 

Their bench was their biggest plus,and they got dominated.
    They can't win,when they lose th bench battle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Posted by icnd

bingo, i bet that fact puts a dent in this theory

Sections
Shortcuts