It is a little early,However; without a championship, how would you rate this year's version of the Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: It is a little early,However; without a championship, how would you rate this year's version of the Celtics?

i don't recall a team this deep since i've been a celtics fan. and that's been about 25 years. IF 100% (and i know that's a big if) this could be one very tough team for anyone to beat. seriously, can you imagine a healthy front line of shaq, jermaine, perkins, KG, big baby, erden and harangody? that's a big-time front line. and yes, i realize someone's going to have to be inactive once perk comes back, not to mention west. this team has the potential to be scary good. i even like wafer. he brings a spark of athleticism that we sometimes are missing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: It is a little early,However; without a championship, how would you rate this year's version of the Celtics?

If Perk is effective when he returns, this team is only going to be better.  This will give this team so many options, Perk, Shaq, Jermaine, etc.   Having Delonte back will also really help this team.  One of the biggest factors is if this team can remain healthy and is healthy during the final month of the season and into the playoffs.  Any major injuries to key players will change their playoff chances drastically.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It will be interesting to see how Perk fits into the scheme of things. Perk is the better defensive player, and Shaq helps the offense significantly. Jermaine even seems to be coming around.

It will be a great problem for Doc to have when everyone is healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I see what Perk provided in the good times, but I am skeptical of what he can do when things are tough.  His game is very limited and his basketball IQ to be nice is not like Rondo's.  Who knows though  he comes back he may be just what they need with all the new pieces.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Concord,

I think I agree. His athletic skills especially on offense are limited. I don't think that he will ever be good finisher. I cringe every time he goes do down after a rebound, and gathers himself before shooting. If the knee thing affects him the way that KG's did, then his rebounding ability may be limited as well. With that being said, Perk is as tough as nails on defense. I am sure that Doc will figure things out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to It is a little early,However; without a championship, how would you rate this year's version of the Celtics?:
    [QUOTE]Two starting all stars, a center voted as number 2 in the east, and a forward, and a two guard  rated in the top four. Wow! Has it ever happened in NBA History?
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

The champion Pistons sent 4 all-stars to the game about 6 years ago, there was an all-star game in the Bird era where the Cs sent 4 of their starting 5 to the game.

I am stunned that the player that I would consider the MVP right now is 3rd in guard voting.  If idiots would look beyond Rondo's gawdy assists numbers which are driven by who he plays with and his inability and fear of shooting and recognize that Rose is the MVP, that Rondo would not be going to the game at all.  One could easily argue there are 5 point guards (not just guards but point guards) in the west that are better - Westbrook, Kidd, Nash, Paul, and Williams.

How there are 3 or 4 more times as many people in Chicago and have not voted him into the game is simply beyond me.  If Rondo had the Bulls starting 4 and went the first 20 games without Boozer and the next 25 games by Noah, the Bulls would have won about 6 games.

There is a direct relationship between Rondo's inability to shoot and his assist numbers - um.... I can't shoot but if I give it to someone that can, I get an assist, ummmm, I can't finish because I am afraid to go to the line, so I will run the shot clock, pass it off, hopefully be the last one to touch the ball and get an assist, and then hide in the corner hoping the ball does not come back to me... um I have made 16 free throws all season in 35 games, actual good point guards make 4 or 5 per game.......

There is no way Shaq should be going ahead of Lopez, Noah, or Hibbert.

Given all of this..... this is the deepest team they have had in years and when healthy should clearly be the favorites in the East and in the league for that matter regardless of what is going on in Miami.

As much as I think the Cs are a jump shooting team, the Spurs are much more so as are the Magic.  So my guess is that the Cs will over time and if healthy will themselves into the number 1 seed and if not they will be number 2 or 3 behind Miami or Orlando but neither of those teams will be able to combat the Cs size in the half court set once the playoffs start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

so far, better than 2008 and 2009 but not as good as 2007.. second best we have had. we will c what happens when fully stocked. i believe at full strength, this could be the amongst the best celtic teams EVER! again, all about health... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Last season they began to look beatable around this time.  Love to see thim continue the past few games' momentum for another week or so...it's perfectly conceivable that this iteration of the C's can whip off another nice run.  For me, I'll reserve judgment on this for a while yet.

But right now they seem better equipped to head into the next half of bball.  They've got players coming back right now instead of getting injured (knock on wood).  And they don't just have 4 all stars,  they're starting a team with 4 future hall of fame players...they're aging but hugely experienced.  Despite Shaq's sometimes lackluster nights, he looks better and more fired up than in years past.  This bodes well down the stretch, especially with Perk coming back. 

Miami isn't just smoke and mirrors anymore.  They're going to be tough to beat, I think.  And when the Bulls get Noah back, they'll be tough, too.  But this Boston team is out for vengeance for last season, and they're going to get better and better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thanks for the input.

You say that the Celtics are a jump shooting team. While they do their share of jump shooting, I would characterize then as a defensive team,  that can win on good and bad offensive nights.

Wow, you really don't like Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I would compare this team wit the Mid 80's Celtics. The depth of this team are very much the same. DA has put togheter and used this model for the C's of the Mid 80's to now. Like everyone has said when everyone is healthy this we be a team that can make a strong run for 18.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

soups,

I agree.

Sections
Shortcuts