it is what it is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: it is what it is

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I kept screaming for Pargo, Pargo, Pargo.

In hindsight maybe by the team playing good when Rondo went down and winning 7 straight made them cool on bringing someone in.

We had foolish turnover after foolish turover but it we get less than 10 points from Crawford and Terry we can't beat anybody.

If Terry can't make a contribution next year I would just amnesty him. He's been a huge disappointment and I cannot see another 2-3 years with him if Crawford is around.

they can't amnesty Terry I don't believe.  I think it was only for people under contract already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

You can't say with the same breath that we have been DOA for a while now and Rondo hurts our team.

We miss Rondo. He is a game changer, he would solve a lot of the turnover problems. AB would go back to pressure, steal, cutting, corner threes. Rondo & Green would dominate the fast break. Rondo probably could help Terry get going. Remember that everyone is contributing  in ways they've never had to to compensate for Rondo's absense.

I am still high on our chances next year. I think we have as much a chance as the Bulls right now, this year. It is possible.

Not sure how you come to those conclusions.  Rondo had a very high turnover rate.  Rondo and Green never were in sync because Rondo controlled the ball too much.  Rondo never got Terry going either.  We need a point guard period,  not a combo guard.  It would help Avery though.

And I am not saying Rondo wouldn't help,  just your examples never happened earlier in the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

...postmortems are premature.

...enjoy the ride.

its more like a dire prognosis...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

You can't say with the same breath that we have been DOA for a while now and Rondo hurts our team.

We miss Rondo. He is a game changer, he would solve a lot of the turnover problems. AB would go back to pressure, steal, cutting, corner threes. Rondo & Green would dominate the fast break. Rondo probably could help Terry get going. Remember that everyone is contributing  in ways they've never had to to compensate for Rondo's absense.

I am still high on our chances next year. I think we have as much a chance as the Bulls right now, this year. It is possible.

Not sure how you come to those conclusions.  Rondo had a very high turnover rate.  Rondo and Green never were in sync because Rondo controlled the ball too much.  Rondo never got Terry going either.  We need a point guard period,  not a combo guard.  It would help Avery though.

And I am not saying Rondo wouldn't help,  just your examples never happened earlier in the season.

we do miss rondo, but he wouldn't change the fact that we're not going to win it all this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

we do miss rondo, but he wouldn't change the fact that we're not going to win it all this year.

Very true. A game changer, indeed. A season changer, not so much. Now that's something we can ALL agree on...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Nothing quite so pathetic as a fan who jumps off the bandwagon after one playoff game. 

Yes this is about what we expected but to thrown in the towel now is beyond cheesy. 

The Knicks are not that much better than we are. I give them a slight edge as they do have the best player, but why couldn't this thread wait until our resilient team is eliminated? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Nothing quite so pathetic as a fan who jumps off the bandwagon after one playoff game. 

Yes this is about what we expected but to thrown in the towel now is beyond cheesy. 

The Knicks are not that much better than we are. I give them a slight edge as they do have the best player, but why couldn't this thread wait until our resilient team is eliminated? 

Because some want to predict we are going to lose so that they look right and later on can say,  "I told you so".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

...postmortems are premature.

...enjoy the ride.

I don't agree. The Cs were ahead in the third quarter during an away game, and it was KGs first game back. Add to that the delicate, inappropriate passing that occured in the fourth quarter, while opponants were in the passing lanes, and you have a very fixable situation.

Most people on this board are very up and down game in and game out. Give it some time and a game or so before you give up. Our regular season was about staying healthy, making the playoffs, and teaching the new guys to play together. It was not about stats, and in some cases it was not about wins. Few experts look beond the stats when making predictions. This team has proven that they can beat the best, they deserve more until they prove otherwise.

One can enjoy the ride and recognize this team has absolutely zero chance of making any noise this year.

I have enjoyed the ride every year for the past 35 or so, good or bad. 

This years team has been DOA for a long time.  it doesn't make me less of a fan for knowing that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The question is are Celtics fans willing next season to retool and not be competitive ?  I'm sure Danny has tried or at least tempted to take this route of rebuilding and be competitive at the same time .  Not sure it's the best way to go.

I still believe this team will take the Knicks to a game7, might be their last hurrah and I would be happy with that.  I did not have high expectations this time around.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

been a fan for 30 years and will always be one. but i know when the writing is on the wall. we should have started the rebuild the moment we got booted from last year's playoffs. THAT was our last hurrah. still love this team. still love PP and KG, but i realize that they can no longer get it done on a regular basis. if we had a chance to get younger and more athletic/talented, we should have jumped on it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

been a fan for 30 years and will always be one. but i know when the writing is on the wall. we should have started the rebuild the moment we got booted from last year's playoffs. THAT was our last hurrah. still love this team. still love PP and KG, but i realize that they can no longer get it done on a regular basis. if we had a chance to get younger and more athletic/talented, we should have jumped on it.

Exacltly.

It doesn't make one a bad guy, or less of a fan to recognize that this team is done. Right now this team is 41-41 on the year.

I will keep rooting and watching but I am not delusional.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The question is are Celtics fans willing next season to retool and not be competitive ?  I'm sure Danny has tried or at least tempted to take this route of rebuilding and be competitive at the same time .  Not sure it's the best way to go.

I still believe this team will take the Knicks to a game7, might be their last hurrah and I would be happy with that.  I did not have high expectations this time around.  

I agree...I have never thought this Celtics team would make it past the first playoff round. I thought this was especially true once they lost Rondo for the season. If they go further than that this year..I will consider it a bonus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Exacltly.

It doesn't make one a bad guy, or less of a fan to recognize that this team is done. Right now this team is 41-41 on the year.

Well said...a true fan will always root for their team with passion..but look at the situation realistically. I never have unrealistic expectations. I cheer them on and hope they do well anyhow. All I ever ask is that they give it their best shot..and don't dog it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Exacltly.

I don't agree. The Cs were ahead in the third quarter during an away game, and it was KGs first game back. Add to that the delicate, inappropriate passing that occured in the fourth quarter, while opponants were in the passing lanes, and you have a very fixable situation.

Most people on this board are very up and down game in and game out. Give it some time and a game or so before you give up. Our regular season was about staying healthy, making the playoffs, and teaching the new guys to play together. It was not about stats, and in some cases it was not about wins. Few experts look beond the stats when making predictions. This team has proven that they can beat the best, they deserve more until they prove otherwise.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Exacltly.

Still don't believe the Celts are done?

Have to agree this team is done, the final script is now written, KG, PP and RA helped revive BB in Boston but experience can carry you only so far especially when your competition has younger/fresher legs. All the vets are tradeable this off-season as well as Rondo, the rebuilt team needs a PG that can score as well as get the ball to others, it's a requirement in todays NBA. Rondo is only good if he has stars to pass to. Will need to find some rebounding and rim protection. G. Dieng looks good at 16 but will need Sully and Green to be consistent scorers next year.  Will root for Celtics the remainder of this series but its over in 5 or 6 --- then we can start talking trades, free agency and draft picks.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Exacltly.

I am still waiting for the fat lady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Exacltly.

I am still waiting for the fat lady.

and I respect that. I deal with my grief in a different way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Danny did try , KG just did not want to waive his NTC.

Agree with you they should have started a rebuild,  Danny did try that , just not the overhaul some of us wanted.  He wanted to remain a playoff team at the same time banking on KG and Pierce.

They're not done,  they win both games at the Garden and it'll make some us believers .  Not over yet, this team will give us a bit more pleasure.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i hope so. but it sure doesn't look that way right now.

Sections
Shortcuts