it seems most of us agree there are 2 routes to go at this point

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

it seems most of us agree there are 2 routes to go at this point

1-we trade for another all-star player, potentially love, but someone of his quality. there are few players that fit into that category. we pair love (or someone like him) with rondo, try to add the third leg to that "big 3", surround them with a capable supporting cast, and we're off and running, or...

2-we trade rondo, green, et al, and go for the full-on youth movement. in this case, there will be suitors for rondo. who needs a PG? NY, houston, detroit? surely we'll get some sort of value back for rondo. contrary to what many on this board say, he is not garbage. likewise green. if anything, this postseason has shown us that young upcoming teams like GS, the clippers, indiana and OKC are still not good enough to compete with the spurs and heat. they need more pieces and we do have some pieces that might help those teams. bradley, green, bass.

so the question: is which way are we going? i guess we'll all find out soon enough. should be an interesting summer. the only thing that will disappoint me will be in nothing happens and we punt, i.e., wait for the trade deadline next season to make some decisions. that will be boring. let's get on with the fireworks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: it seems most of us agree there are 2 routes to go at this point

In response to kaktug's comment:

1-we trade for another all-star player, potentially love, but someone of his quality. there are few players that fit into that category. we pair love (or someone like him) with rondo, try to add the third leg to that "big 3", surround them with a capable supporting cast, and we're off and running, or...

so the question: is which way are we going? i guess we'll all find out soon enough. should be an interesting summer. the only thing that will disappoint me will be in nothing happens and we punt, i.e., wait for the trade deadline next season to make some decisions. that will be boring. let's get on with the fireworks!

I'll take option 1, even if we don't get Love.  Build through the youth movement and around Rondo, get shooters and finishers.  How would Indiana look right about now with a real point guard instead of George Hill?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

and i have to admit that i was thinking lance stephenson might be a nice addition at the 2 if we could swing it. but after the way he's played/run his mouth in the heat series, i've soured on that idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

and i have to admit that i was thinking lance stephenson might be a nice addition at the 2 if we could swing it. but after the way he's played/run his mouth in the heat series, i've soured on that idea.

[object HTMLDivElement]

He is a knucklehead, I'd rather have Hayward, if possible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Kaktug,

I'm pretty much in agreement with you. But there's one more possibility - Danny doesn't do any "fireworks" this summer, just a few minor updates this summer and during '14-'15 season. And then does that "fireworks" in the summer of 2015. There'll be quite a few star players that go on FA list that year.

This scenario is predicated, IMO, on the status of Rondo. IF DA can convince him to be patient and wait one more year for the "cavalry" to arrive and gives him a decent contract.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I think we are getting a case of cabin fever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

I think we are getting a case of cabin fever.

lol you are probably right. i was just looking at the suns' stats and trying to figure out what they need that we might have. they has such a glut of picks. but they are a talented team, especially in the backcourt. they might need a PF who can rebound. a double/double guys, like say sully. but that would be a trade we only make if we're going route 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

actually, i wonder is PHO would want hump. he'd be a good glass cleaner at the PF position for them. maybe we can get a late 1st or 2nd rounder out of them. cabin fever. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The key is for #1 option, you have to get enough to be a contender.  If not, you risk being in the 2nd tier doldrums for years.  Are Love and Rondo good enough, I think not, so who is the 3rd wheel?  If KG deal is any indication, I think 3rd wheel comes first before Love or any other who really is almost non-existence at this point agrees to sign a long term deal.

In other words, #1 is a very long shot for happening at this point in time.  And of course, there are many other routes or possibilities than just 1 and 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You all talk like you know Rondo is going to stay

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

The key is for #1 option, you have to get enough to be a contender.  If not, you risk being in the 2nd tier doldrums for years.  Are Love and Rondo good enough, I think not, so who is the 3rd wheel?  If KG deal is any indication, I think 3rd wheel comes first before Love or any other who really is almost non-existence at this point agrees to sign a long term deal.

In other words, #1 is a very long shot for happening at this point in time.  And of course, there are many other routes or possibilities than just 1 and 2.

there are probably certain permutations of 1 and 2, but really that's it-you trade for top tier talent, or you build through the draft. what are the other options? the point i'm making is that if we're not going to go after an all-star, such as love, then there's no point in holding onto rondo or green, as both are too old to sit around and wait three years for this year's draft picks to contribute. i'm good either way-whether it's going for stars or going young. but the point is that it's one or the other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to billge's comment:

if we signed a kevin love, rondo aint' going nowhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to billge's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Where would he go?

I see four possibles:

NYK - HOU - LAL - SAC

the same four I've seen all year

HOU - must strike out on Melo first, IMO - they are going all in for him

NYK - who do they have that we'd want?  Rondo for Chandler works, as does Rondo and Hump for Amare......but seriously??

SAC - We cannot re-aquire Jason Terry.....so that leave McLemore and Derrick Williams for Rondo....or, if you want to get crazy - Rondo and Bogans for Gay works also.  Not including picks here at the moment.

LAL - as I proposed TWO years ago, this trade makes the most sense to me.  Rondo for Nash (who'll retire) and the #7 pick (Rame wants to add Kendall Marshall....fine, but I'm not a big fan).  Draft Vonleh and Smart and let the 2 "Aholes" play together in LA!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Before anyone metaphorically shoots me for the above post, my point is this - I don't see a trade for Rondo out there at the moment that makes sense for either side.  That was a direct answer to billege's query.  Perhaps if HOU strikes out on Melo, or the Knicks involve a 3rd team.  But other than that, I think Rondo will be here until at least the trade deadline.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'd have no problem trading him to any of those teams. i think LAL, HOU, SAC, and NY all make sense. as you said, not all those teams have the assets, or the assets we want. if we don't make a big splash this summer though, rondo has to go, and i say that as a fan that actually likes him. but he won't be able to stomach the long makeover.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

also DET is a possible destination.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

uh - oh, our resident t...orist is sure again...........makes me think Rondo's a goner!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I keep hearing that we will "ONLY" be  a mid playoff team with the addition of  love. like its  a BAD THING? We were a 25 WIN TEAM last year to get to 5-6 playoff seeding we would need to win around 45 games so a 20 win improvment would be AMAZING accomplishment. So that is nothing to complain about. If we can get that type of turn around we should be willing to give up a lot.  

Now that we have no chance at the potential franchise changing player (tho I agree with da that none of these guys are that, but they possibly could be) in the draft the long term rebuild will most likely end up with similiar results a mid to late playoff seeding only difference it will prob take 2-3 years longer going  the draft way as opposed to making a big trade.

The draft approach works if you can draft that 1 stud (durant,duncan,anthony davis, lebron etc) but not with one #6 and then a bunch of mid picks (assuming the cs get better every year their draft picks would respectively be lower every year). We have 9 1st rounders in the next 5 seasons, any one who thinks da was making all those picks r mistaken, hes got to cash some of those in.

I like some of the players at 6 but they may not even be better than guys we already have.  (is gordon better or going to be better than jgreen?) is randle better or going to be better than sullinger? is vonleh better or going to be better than ko? Idk and even if they do end up becoming better it wont be immediately itll prob take a few years and then they may only become marginally better players. 

Make a trade for kevin love and you will already have a terrific 1-2 punch with rondo and kevin love (great pick and pop duo) and spacing that rondo needs.  Make another trade for asik and now you will have a good team to build around (all our young enough to builld with).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

i'd have no problem trading him to any of those teams. i think LAL, HOU, SAC, and NY all make sense. as you said, not all those teams have the assets, or the assets we want. if we don't make a big splash this summer though, rondo has to go, and i say that as a fan that actually likes him. but he won't be able to stomach the long makeover.

Ouch... we lost doc because he couldn't stomach a long makeover.

And now the specter of losing lil' Rondo for the same reason???

Simply tragic.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

DUMP WEE DEVILMAN PG..,.he absolutely sucks...absolutely...nobody is running here to play with him, NOBODY. Guy can't shoot, can't play D anymore, can't make free throws, no longer drives to the hoop, no longer dishes when he's driving. He alienates coaches and teammates alike. Can't talk to him, he's uncoachable, just trying to get him to buy into a team concept is  a hellish proposition.

Once he's gone you'll start to hear from players and coaches here how difficult is was to deal with the headcase known as Rondon't. Please tell me who has come here to play with this clown? Nobody I know of. Don't kid yourself, nobody will. In fact, we know of at least one coach and one probable HOF player who left town because of Wee Devilman PG.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Mel, we get it. You don't like rondo. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

DUMP WEE DEVILMAN PG..,.he absolutely sucks...absolutely...nobody is running here to play with him, NOBODY. Guy can't shoot, can't play D anymore, can't make free throws, no longer drives to the hoop, no longer dishes when he's driving. He alienates coaches and teammates alike. Can't talk to him, he's uncoachable, just trying to get him to buy into a team concept is  a hellish proposition.

Once he's gone you'll start to hear from players and coaches here how difficult is was to deal with the headcase known as Rondon't. Please tell me who has come here to play with this clown? Nobody I know of. Don't kid yourself, nobody will. In fact, we know of at least one coach and one probable HOF player who left town because of Wee Devilman PG.

Manure can stack pretty high if you throw enough.  It takes a while but mellymel works that shovel hard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm liking the Love idea more now that he was actually seen in the city.

But for all we know this was just weekend #1 of a 4 week tour that bring him to Chicago, Houston and Oakland/San Fran (Golden State) next. I see those 4 teams as the most serious contenders for his services.

If Klay Thompson and Harden are not included in packages then the Celtics can trump any offer the other 3 can make.

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

Sections
Shortcuts