It sounds like if it happens Pierce and Garnett would be moved together

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It sounds like if it happens Pierce and Garnett would be moved together

I am dead set against this happening, but if they move Pierce and Garnett the Celtics may think they can get maximum value.  The season would be a disaster and most likely the next year at least.

Pierce's comments on hoopshype today seemed to indicate if the Celts are rebuilding he is fine with going.  

Keep winning Celts so it can't happen.  We will be the worst team in the NBA if Garnett leaves. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: It sounds like if it happens Pierce and Garnett would be moved together

In response to concord27's comment:

I am dead set against this happening, but if they move Pierce and Garnett the Celtics may think they can get maximum value.  The season would be a disaster and most likely the next year at least.

Pierce's comments on hoopshype today seemed to indicate if the Celts are rebuilding he is fine with going.  

Keep winning Celts so it can't happen.  We will be the worst team in the NBA if Garnett leaves. 

I can't see this happening. Unlike the Red Sox when they got rid of those big contracts because they were going absolutely nowhere. the Celtics are in the playoff hunt, contrary to popular belief they have a chance just like anybody else has that makes the playoffs. It takes a TEAM effort. These are just rumors and they usually come about this time of the year especially around trade deadline time. I don't see it happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

I can't see this happening. Unlike the Red Sox when they got rid of those big contracts because they were going absolutely nowhere. the Celtics are in the playoff hunt, contrary to popular belief they have a chance just like anybody else has that makes the playoffs. It takes a TEAM effort. These are just rumors and they usually come about this time of the year especially around trade deadline time. I don't see it happening.

I think and hope you are right.  Pierce's comments did seem to be saying there was a possibility of this happening even if a slight one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Pierce and KG deserve to retire as Celtics. They are the very face of the franchise. I do not want them to be traded. I still believe we are a big away from being a very dangerous team. I hope DA gets something done by the 21st.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we can't just go out there and get a big without trading something. and we have nothing to trade, except for KG and PP. rondo and sully are injured and untradable. so that leaves very little that can be done. if we get good offers for KG and PP to go to playoff teams, and they give their blessings, i say trade them. if not, let them retire as celts. either way, we'll be rebuilding soon. i'd be surprised if this team, as currently configured, makes it out of the first round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Who has desirable young players making enough money to make the KG and PP swap possible?  Maybe the Clips with Jordan, Bledsoe and Butler?  Not saying I'd do it, just speculating how contracts would match up.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

we can't just go out there and get a big without trading something. and we have nothing to trade, except for KG and PP. rondo and sully are injured and untradable. so that leaves very little that can be done. if we get good offers for KG and PP to go to playoff teams, and they give their blessings, i say trade them. if not, let them retire as celts. either way, we'll be rebuilding soon. i'd be surprised if this team, as currently configured, makes it out of the first round.

i agree with you on all counts. wish we could get a good big and keep KG and PP, but how can that happen?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

Pierce and KG deserve to retire as Celtics. They are the very face of the franchise. I do not want them to be traded. I still believe we are a big away from being a very dangerous team. I hope DA gets something done by the 21st.

We are already a dangerous team, if we don't lose any more players.

Very true Kirk, but an 7foot big, with a post up game, and can rebound, would make us even scarier.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Unfortunately we don't have time to see if Melo can develop quickly and I don't know of a BIG MAN we could get, Cousins, Gortat etc. w/o given up more than Bass, Terry, Lee & draft choices. Too bad Sully went down as he was a good rebounder but still a PF and not a center. Yup, if we had the BIG GUY...what happened to talks with Greg Oden ?...I think we could make a run for a title.

I'd like both to retire in Green but maybe they'd really like to get another ring as Ray Allen feels he can with the Heat. But both players deserve to be asked if they would mind be traded...we owe them that !!!  and if we really are intent on rebuilding since Rondo & Sully are out, I would consider a trade of both but only to the Clippers for Jordan, Crawford, Odom, Bledsoe, Butler and a couple of draft choices too.

I could live with it !!! PP's roots are in So.Cal & KG has a home in Cal.   For some reason I do not hate the Clippers as I have the Lakers for the 60+ years I've been a Celtic fan.

I live in SF so could enjoy KG & PP when they play the Warriors & also we go to San Diego a few times per year to see family so I'd go to some Clipper-Laker games & root for KG & PP as if they were in Boston.

And terrific too to see these 2 Hall of Famers retire on the same team !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We are already a dangerous team, if we don't lose any more players.

Very true Kirk, but an 7foot big, with a post up game, and can rebound, would make us even scarier.

We have the player to get another big and keep KG and PP the problem is what holes will those players leave.