It sure looked like the knee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It sure looked like the knee

The pronouncement that it is was muscle under KG's knee seems to not make sense to those who watched the play that led to the injury.  To say it was the knee tomorrow makes no sense either so I will accept and hope he will be back and eventually whole.  None of it however makes any sense.  It looked like the knee and would seem to be connected to any muscle problem as result of a knee injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: It sure looked like the knee

I am callin BS too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

yeah it looked like his knee to me too. too bad stern wont offer us any cap relief if he goes down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: It sure looked like the knee:
    yeah it looked like his knee to me too. too bad stern wont offer us any cap relief if he goes down.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

Are you kidding? 

If the Celtics are given cap relief by the NBA that means KG is done for the season. No matter who the Celtics sign with that money the Celtics are not going to the Finals without KG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

In Response to Re: It sure looked like the knee : Are you kidding?  If the Celtics are given cap relief by the NBA that means KG is done for the season. No matter who the Celtics sign with that money the Celtics are not going to the Finals without KG.
    Posted by P34

you can't tell, but my post was laced with sarcasm. I.... we are all hoping garnett is only out for 1 or 2 games and gets back to full health.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Doc Rivers predicted he would be out for five games. How about we go with that for now, rather than the doom and gloom here? When we hear the MRI results we can revisit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Doc Rivers predicted he would be out for five games. How about we go with that for now, rather than the doom and gloom here? When we hear the MRI results we can revisit.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Agree with you.  No need to panic until more is known about the extent of KG's injury.  I am trying to remain optimistic, but we definitely don't need any additional injuries to this team.  At least, it is still early in the season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc said 5 games? Nah, I dont believe a thing Doc or the Celtics say when it comes to injuries. Their track record has been mostly BS in that regard.

Im hoping KGs injury is minor and he'll be back soon...but knowing the Celtics nothing would surprise me..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The question is how will he be when he comes back.  2009 KG or 2010 KG?

That is the question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

Doc said 5 games? Nah, I dont believe a thing Doc or the Celtics say when it comes to injuries. Their track record has been mostly BS in that regard. Im hoping KGs injury is minor and he'll be back soon...but knowing the Celtics nothing would surprise me..
    Posted by Karllost

Yes, the Celtics have a track record of being dishonest to their fans about KG's injuries.  I don't believe anything they say.  I will believe what I see next.  If KG isn't upto 100% within 20 games the season is over for us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to It sure looked like the knee:
    The pronouncement that it is was muscle under KG's knee seems to not make sense to those who watched the play that led to the injury.  To say it was the knee tomorrow makes no sense either so I will accept and hope he will be back and eventually whole.  None of it however makes any sense.  It looked like the knee and would seem to be connected to any muscle problem as result of a knee injury.
    Posted by concord27

Who knows? I still don't really know what was the original problem with the knee in 2008? Do you? Do you buy the "bone spur" explanation? Does that make sense to you? He was fine............then he goes up for an alley-oop and comes down in a great deal of pain and hobbles off the court.............and that one play created bone spurs? Does that jibe with your knowledge of sports, sports injuries, and the anatomy? I don't trust the Celtics or KG at all on this. KG never reveals anything about his injuries and the Celtics are more veiled in their responses than a CIA spokesman who talks about assassinations in South America as "aggressive undertakings."...............The only way to tell is to see him play { or not play.} I truly don't understand why sports teams are so secretive about injuries {and some more than others.} If the Celtics reveal exactly what is wrong with KG do they believe other teams are going to go after his knee or his ankle? They aren't. Been there. Done that. They aren't gonna go out on the court and say, "everyone take a shot at KG's knee now." BS...........Do the Celtics or KG believe people aren't intelligent enough to gauge whether something is somewhat wrong or very wrong? {They are.} I'm never sure who they think they are fooling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Doc said 5 games? Nah, I dont believe a thing Doc or the Celtics say when it comes to injuries. Their track record has been mostly BS in that regard."

??? Doc may be a lot of things but he is certainly not a good BSer. When put on the spot he has always been honest on this stuff. Besides which you can't fake an MRI. 

I'm racking my brain thinking of a time Doc was dishonest about an injury and can't think of a time. I can think of times players weren't honest with him...

At any rate the MRI came back negative as expected, and KG is expected back about when Doc said. 

Whether this has long term implications, we'll have to wait and see once KG is back on the floor...

Sections
Shortcuts