It will take another 10 years

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: It will take another 10 years

We hear that KG refused to waive, and that the two Clips players that DA targeted were Bledsoe and Jordan.  Depending on who you read/believe, KG would have waived if PP was traded, but according to other sources, the Clips got cold feet on including Bledsoe and Jordan.  So for KG to waive, PP would have had to go, and since it's not clear who was in the Celts/Clips deal I imagine Danny got cold feet about having to trade Pierce with a deal with the Clips looking tenuous.  

Bottom line is that some are upset about the lack of a big deal without really knowing what Danny was offered in return for KG or PP, and they forget that for KG to waive no trade Pierce would need to have been traded first.  The value may not have been there, and we have no idea if Ainge was getting a good return for two still pretty good players. 

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

One thing we'll never know is if KG would have waived his no trade and if the players DA was offered in return for KG, PP or both made dealing them worthwhile.  I think if there was a deal that would helped with a rebuild that Danny would have done it, but he wasn't going to make a deal just to get rid of two great players.  Plus, the guys the Clips were offering have potential, but it's more likely that they would have made the C's just good enough to be one of those "good but not great" teams that never get a shot at drafting a franchise player. 

At this point, they will need to let KG or PP go and stink for a while to get draft picks and salary cap space. 

Not sure what you mean.  KG refused to waive.  That should mean that DA was ok with the deal and KG was the one thing that stopped the deal.  Why would KG asked to waive if DA did not already ok the deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I agree........but it wasn't going to be the move to make if Danny wasn't going to do anything other than just add that..it would have cost more than, making the move to Crawford. Just to be clear though...I'm disappointed in yesterday...expected more.

That's what I mean, I also expected more.

Right now Ainge is just making the Celts a marketable product. But in the end there will be no Finals appearance. 

I know I've been bashing them a bit lately but I really do like DA & Doc. However, I do have to question their ability to evaluate current NBA talent. I still think DA had a decent offseason last year but how can a team go year after year with two pressing needs...  

1.) Another big man 2.) Back-up point guard

Yet repeatedly don't make it a priority going into or coming out the offseason? Then they also come up short during trade dealines, make-up excuses, and do the call-up dance with unproven guys from the D-league and overseas every year??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

Guess we'll know who the real Celtic fans are.

The fastest team to reappear in the Finals, from one generation to another, is the Lakers. In 1991 Magic Johnson lost to MJ. The next time the Lakers were in the Finals was in 2000 with Shaq and Kobe. So that's 9 years. No other team went from one Finals to another faster than the Lakers.

There are 2 ways to build a championship team. It's either building through the draft of through free-agency.

The best way to go is building through the draft.

Expecting big name free-agents to sign with Boston in the next few years is not being realistic.  Boston is not a city like LA or NY.

So why 10 years?

Lebron will still be playing at a high level in the next 5 years.

Durant will still be playing 10 years from now.

Those two players will be obstacles the Celts have to overcome. If the Celts were to win a championship in the next 10 years, they'd have to do it against Lebron or Durant. And that's without having KG and Pierce anymore.

lol you have no idea what will happen to either of them in the next 10 years. they might tear an ACL, or even get traded to the Celtics.

Maybe, but if you look at the history books, no team has been able to do it in less than 9 years.

And because of the new CBA, gone are the days where you can have 3 superstars in one team.

what about the Celtics from 69 to 74 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Perhaps we have now entered the era of "championship by collusion".  Take a horrible GM who drafts such trash that they get in the lottery regularly until they luck out with a top 5 player league wide.  Then they get 2 other front runners to agree to a collusion signing with that team for a few buckis less than max.  The difference in contract $ could be made up in endorsements.  The cities that patiently wait for their GM's well thought out rebuilding plan get screwed.  Sound familiar?  Wonder why the Heat are the most hated team in sports  ( that seems to be what Wade and Lebron have thought)?  The Heat showed it doesn't have to take 10 years-- unless the league stops collusion signings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

You say 10 years like that's a bad thing.  How many years has it been since the following teams won a championship:

Milwaukee Bucks

Utah Jazz

Golden state Warriors

Philadelphia 76ers

Atlanta Hawks

Cleveland Cavs

Washington Wizards

Minnesota Timber....  Hell any team besides Boston, LA Lakers, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavs, or SA Spurs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to DoctorCO's comment:

lets say the cs sign pierce..this summer..kg has 2 years left..so paul may sign 2 years at 20 million...

So basically were looking at this..If paul doesnt sign with the cs boston may be 2 years ahead..if they sign pierce and have kg and Jason terrys deals all run out on the same year..that would be 30 million plus freed on the cap...

Boston can over pay for a free agent..and get there friends in the tune of other players to play with boston..

lets say..but who knows boston can look at these players...

1. kevin love

2. josh smith

3. chris paul

4. brandon jenings

5. igudalla

6. bynum if healthy

then there other players who we dont know.

Sorry, I don't see anyone one this list other than love or smith for BB that I would prefer over our current roster. Even at that .....

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

heirplain,

i just named players off the top of my head..brandon jennings is rondo level of a player..and younger..and better than bass..

i also said in my comment that danny ainge could talk to players we dont know...

it will take less than 10 years to win a title..boston at the end of this year if paul doesnt resign may have 27 million off the cap...counting pierce and kg..

but if paul signs for 2 yars at 12 million...his deal 12 million kg 11 million rondo 7 i think i may be wrong..but his deal..and jason terry and bass would be off the books..thats 35 million off the books in 3 years...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

If pierce doesnt resign and kg retires....Remember its out there that if paul goes kg goes..

look at the salary

pierce 16.7 million

kg is11.5 million actually its 28 million (ROUGHLY)..

The above happenes if kg retires if pierce isnt resigned....(Its out there..we dont know the odds but its a possibility because kg said it)..july 1st and all that stuff doesnt matter..danny may do the deals early after the celtics last games like he did with kg..when was KG resigned like a week after the NBA finals....The celtics are at the cap limit....Sure its not slot for slot..but it gives the celtics room..

But the real chance in getting money off the books is if pierce resigns for 2 years after this year and his and kgs deal are done...pierce may sign lets say for the same as kg did so lets say 13 million 2 years..so in two years you have..

paul 13 million

KG 11 million

bass 6 million

terry 5 million

rondo 11 million

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 49 million off the cap..THOSE ARE THE CONTRACTS WITH 3 YEARS LEFT COUNTING THIS YEAR...assuming if paul re-upps

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

if the celtics are at the 45.5 number look at the number to the lux tax...which will be 70 million...the cap is 5 or 8 million before the tax..danny wants to be under the tax

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

In response to kobeismrnba's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

So why 10 years?

Those two players will be obstacles the Celts have to overcome. If the Celts were to win a championship in the next 10 years, they'd have to do it against Lebron or Durant. And that's without having KG and Pierce anymore.

But will Miami have LeBron, Wade & Bosh or even two of them? In 2014-15' they are comitted to $61M for those three players. With the impending Luxury Tax they will have to fill out their team with all aging vets at VM and newbies cause they don't have the revenue stream that the Lakers have to pay the exponential tax penalties for doing so ... they will implode. That's why OKC had to choose between Harden and Ibaka cause the days of three Superstars is almost over.

This changes the landscape for all teams. Any team that can forge together two superstars or near superstars with a supporting cast of affordable ballers that have chemistry, coaching and heart will be able to get to the big dance much easier than historically possible as a result of this new CBA. Get it?

No the Lakers will not implode because of the Luxury tax.  Their payroll after the end of next season only has one player under contract.  That leaves plenty of room to sign Howard to max deal and another player to a similar, but not necessarily a max contract. 

If he leaves Kupcake really hurts the Laekrs because they are over the luxury tax and over the cap. They can't go out and replace DH's Max contract with another player. This could set the Lakers back for at least 2 seasons.

[/QUOTE]
    Is it next year yet?  Answer NO!  Lakers have a plan and sometime it takes a while for the formulated plan to be executed.  Management will sign Howard to long term deal next season and add an equivlent player in 2014 which will make the foundation for another championship run.  Go do some homework and find out which free agents should be available in 2014. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

So why 10 years?

But will Miami have LeBron, Wade & Bosh or even two of them? In 2014-15' they are comitted to $61M for those three players. With the impending Luxury Tax they will have to fill out their team with all aging vets at VM and newbies cause they don't have the revenue stream that the Lakers have to pay the exponential tax penalties for doing so ... they will implode. That's why OKC had to choose between Harden and Ibaka cause the days of three Superstars is almost over.

This changes the landscape for all teams. Any team that can forge together two superstars or near superstars with a supporting cast of affordable ballers that have chemistry, coaching and heart will be able to get to the big dance much easier than historically possible as a result of this new CBA. Get it?

No the Lakers will not implode because of the Luxury tax.  Their payroll after the end of next season only has one player under contract.  That leaves plenty of room to sign Howard to max deal and another player to a similar, but not necessarily a max contract. 

If he leaves Kupcake really hurts the Laekrs because they are over the luxury tax and over the cap. They can't go out and replace DH's Max contract with another player. This could set the Lakers back for at least 2 seasons.

Is it next year yet?  Answer NO!  Lakers have a plan and sometime it takes a while for the formulated plan to be executed.  Management will sign Howard to long term deal next season and add an equivlent player in 2014 which will make the foundation for another championship run.  Go do some homework and find out which free agents should be available in 2014. 

[/QUOTE]

Ha. Yep they probably will. No way they regret that right?  I mean paying DH a long term max contract can only lead to good things...right?

Wow. Imagine him at even 30 years old getting paid max money.

Ugly to think about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

So why 10 years?

The Laker's aren't one of the teams in the Celtic's way ... Heck, the Lakers aren't even playoff contenders so why are you responding?

[/QUOTE]
    OK YOU'RE ON, IF THE LAKERS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS YOU NEVER SHOW ON THIS FORUM AGAIN.  IF THE LAKERS DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR I'LL NEVER COME BACK AND POST HERE AGAIN!  IF YOU HAVE SACK YOU WILL TAKE THIS BET!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Fierce 34,

WHAT DID I WRITE IN MY POST..."The above happens IF PAUL RESIGNS!!!!!!!

I SAID IF!!!!

And I said all the partial guantee things for danny may not matter..BECAUSE DANNY RESIGNS PLAYERS SOON AFTER THE SEASON ENDS..He signed ray for 2 years and 10 million soon after the season ended...he signed kg on his deal..SO WHY WOULDNT HE DO THAT FOR PAUL..but i know its a maybe..

if paul ISNT A CELTIC...Lets say..THE CELTICS HAVE ROOM TO GET GOOD PLAYERS..IF THEY TAKE THAT ROUTE..IF!!! im saying IF!!!!...Danny could make a trade with players who have 2 years left on there deal teams do that...THERE ALOT OF IFS!!!! I dont know whats going to happen you dont..

BUT THE BULLSEYE is this

32 million is off the books in 3 years counting this one..and IF...im saying IF!!!!! paul has a deal that money may be higher...IF though!!!!

so maybe the celtics look ok..if pierce and kg retire..BUT in 3 YEARS COUNTING THIS ONE..danny can make BIG MOVES...2 full seasons may be ok to wait VERSUS 21 years

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Fierce in one of your threads you were saying Danny shouldn't overhaul the team because of season ticket holders. That this was still a playoff calibre team. Which is it? 

Personally I thought we should have gotten a big at all costs. Our rebounding is atrocious....and it was most glaring need

depending on how many ridalins he takes and what time of day, things can be all different w/ fierce's personalities

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

I also said if after this season....if...where cap room will be cleared...the cs can do something..If both players leave..and the celtics trade bass who has two years left for a unhappy player..sure..Rememebr in 08 no one new allen would be traded to boston...And that counting this season 2.5 years will be the bullseye...in 2.5 years is the bullseye..but after this year trader danny could maybe do something..

Sections
Shortcuts