It will take another 10 years

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: It will take another 10 years

In response to postal5's comment:

Perhaps we have now entered the era of "championship by collusion".  Take a horrible GM who drafts such trash that they get in the lottery regularly until they luck out with a top 5 player league wide.  Then they get 2 other front runners to agree to a collusion signing with that team for a few buckis less than max.  The difference in contract $ could be made up in endorsements.  The cities that patiently wait for their GM's well thought out rebuilding plan get screwed.  Sound familiar?  Wonder why the Heat are the most hated team in sports  ( that seems to be what Wade and Lebron have thought)?  The Heat showed it doesn't have to take 10 years-- unless the league stops collusion signings.

Great post but not sure what the league could do to stop collusion signings.  I agree that is exactly what Miami did yet nothing could be done about it.  I really dislike Miami and won't be happy seeing them win another championship, (probably this year). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

your right accept....if the celtics get rondo,paul,kg off the books..you can start the process..im not saying thats reality..were dealing with trader danny..rememeber trader danny..brought us a title..with bad cap room and the 5 pick..not saying this year is better..but rememeber its all on danny now..who say green for perk...basically

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

...sorry guys,

The new CBA is a game changer in more ways than one. It may cause the break up of super teams. It may prevent the assembly of super teams. Predicting anything with the new rules becomes difficult.

I get that some people like to play at general manager, but getting good players for great players does little for rebuilding and hurts the box office.

Enjoy the team we have. Pierce and KG will only be here for a short period of time. Savor their play and their victories. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

kglbkm,

When a team minuses payroll that puts them in a good position..regardless of what cba your at...Pitino in 4 moves distroyed the cs for a decade by renouncing rights..in counting next year 2 years finished..the cs will have alot of money to play..and there teams with unhappy players..money...makes problems go away

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

...sorry guys,

The new CBA is a game changer in more ways than one. It may cause the break up of super teams. It may prevent the assembly of super teams. Predicting anything with the new rules becomes difficult.

I get that some people like to play at general manager, but getting good players for great players does little for rebuilding and hurts the box office.

Enjoy the team we have. Pierce and KG will only be here for a short period of time. Savor their play and their victories. 

++++

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

one for the archives:

Fierce.  "Doing nothing, like what Ainge did at the trade deadline, will result in a 1st round exit by the Celtics. "

It may seem impossible, but this will depress, even further, Fierce's incredibly low prediction percentage.        

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to videoburns' comment:

one for the archives:

Fierce.  "Doing nothing, like what Ainge did at the trade deadline, will result in a 1st round exit by the Celtics. "

It may seem impossible, but this will depress, even further, Fierce's incredibly low prediction percentage.        

No way the Celts advance in the 2nd round if the Celts face Miami or NY in the 1st round.

The Celts can beat the Pacers and the Hawks, but not NY or Miami. So the Celts better finish 6th.

If the Celtics can improve on the road, they have a good chance of finishing at least in 6th place of maybe even higher.   Not sure that I agree with you about Indiana.   I believe they are one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Nobody knows what will happen.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

In response to DoctorCO's comment:

kglbkm,

When a team minuses payroll that puts them in a good position..regardless of what cba your at...Pitino in 4 moves distroyed the cs for a decade by renouncing rights..in counting next year 2 years finished..the cs will have alot of money to play..and there teams with unhappy players..money...makes problems go away

I am not the GM, Lets give Ainge the benifit of the doubt and see what happens. Afer all he is the guy that scolded Red for keeping Bird and Kevin.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

one for the archives:

No way the Celts advance in the 2nd round if the Celts face Miami or NY in the 1st round.

The Celts can beat the Pacers and the Hawks, but not NY or Miami. So the Celts better finish 6th.

If the Celtics can improve on the road, they have a good chance of finishing at least in 6th place of maybe even higher.   Not sure that I agree with you about Indiana.   I believe they are one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.  

It's not about Indy, it's about the Celtics not being able to hang with teams that have big time scorers like Carmelo or Lebron. The Celts don't have anyone who can match their output.

Pierce and KG can still do it, score 20 or more, on some nights, but they can't do it on a regular basis anymore. That's why I believe the Celts are better off playing teams like Indy or Chicago. The lower the score the bigger the chance of the Celts winning.

We don't have to match the big time scorers output,  we never have even since Jordan was scoring 60 pts in a playoff game.  We tend to not rely on one guy to score which is good since we are not dependent on one guy each game.  We have already beat the following big time scorers this year,  Anthony, Bryant, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Wade, and Irving.  A lot of these wins came when I feel we aren't as good as we are now and our defense I don't think was even close to what it is now.  I believe all scores come down in the playoffs, even with big time scorers.  The knicks with their volume shooting may be a exception to the rule.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

In response to DoctorCO's comment:

kglbkm,

I am not the GM, Lets give Ainge the benifit of the doubt and see what happens. Afer all he is the guy that scolded Red for keeping Bird and Kevin.

That's the irony, Ainge scolded Red but Ainge ended up doing exactly what Red did by keeping KG and Pierce.

I think Ainge may have found out the same thing that Red found out,  its hard to get rid of a aging star for 50 cents on the dollar.  Even though our top players are older players, we still have a young group of players that are very good at different things.  We won't get a star player,  we will have to get lucky for that to happen.  We have a better chance of Green turning into a star.  I didn't think that could happen earlier but he is showin signs of being a top flight scorer.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

one for the archives:

It's not about Indy, it's about the Celtics not being able to hang with teams that have big time scorers like Carmelo or Lebron. The Celts don't have anyone who can match their output.

Pierce and KG can still do it, score 20 or more, on some nights, but they can't do it on a regular basis anymore. That's why I believe the Celts are better off playing teams like Indy or Chicago. The lower the score the bigger the chance of the Celts winning.

We don't have to match the big time scorers output,  we never have even since Jordan was scoring 60 pts in a playoff game.  We tend to not rely on one guy to score which is good since we are not dependent on one guy each game.  We have already beat the following big time scorers this year,  Anthony, Bryant, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Wade, and Irving.  A lot of these wins came when I feel we aren't as good as we are now and our defense I don't think was even close to what it is now.  I believe all scores come down in the playoffs, even with big time scorers.  The knicks with their volume shooting may be a exception to the rule.

Remember in 2008 when Pierce needed 41 points to beat Lebron in a Game 7?

How about the 2010 Finals when no Celtic scored at least 20 points and ended up losing a Game 7 on the road?

In the playoffs if you can't score you go home.

Also, when the Celts won a championship, Pierce was getting 19 per night and KG 18 per night. That doesn't happen anymore nowadays.

In last season's Game 7 against the Heat, the score was tied heading into the 4th but no Celtic was able to step up in the 4th. The Heat ended up winning easily in that Game 7.

None of that applies to this team.  The Cavs needed 45 from Lebron to just stay close in tha t games as well.   It you don't play defense in the playoffs you go home as well.  We are playing well and have plenty of guys that can score now.  How they react in the playoffs remain to be seen.  As far as last year we are a lot deeper team this year than last.

Just picking out 3 games that we lost during the last 6 years doesn't apply to whats going on now days.  We get more easy baskets now than we have in a few years.  The only common thing in the last few years in the playoffs are we still don't have that extra big man after KG.  Remember rebounding is very important come playoff time.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We could go back and forth all day so I am going to end here by saying the playoffs are where players make their names.  People like Robert Horry, Fischer, etc.  Green, Bradley, and Lee are not what I call role players.  They are not stars but staters except for Green.  During close games a lot of the time it not the stars that win it, but the other players.  Battier and Miller were huge last year in the playoffs,  Steve Kerr hitting a game winner,  Paxson,  Sichting, etc. 

I just guess I will remain optimistic about our chances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Nobody knows what will happen.

You are totally correct Iceman. 3 super stars do not win, it helps, but it takes a whole team on the same page to win. This team has it even with all the mishaps so far this season.  We have good players right now and they are putting in the effort. How far they go is up to this team in green. I don't care what seed the C's finish, no one will want to play them.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

kgs deal is not bad with money..if pierce resigns it would be team friendly..like what kg did..rememeber clueless rick screwed the cs on the cap by doing bs things...Danny has that light at the tunnel...not saying i know but theres a chance

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Guess we'll know who the real Celtic fans are.

The fastest team to reappear in the Finals, from one generation to another, is the Lakers. In 1991 Magic Johnson lost to MJ. The next time the Lakers were in the Finals was in 2000 with Shaq and Kobe. So that's 9 years. No other team went from one Finals to another faster than the Lakers.

There are 2 ways to build a championship team. It's either building through the draft of through free-agency.

The best way to go is building through the draft.

Expecting big name free-agents to sign with Boston in the next few years is not being realistic.  Boston is not a city like LA or NY.

So why 10 years?

Lebron will still be playing at a high level in the next 5 years.

Durant will still be playing 10 years from now.

Those two players will be obstacles the Celts have to overcome. If the Celts were to win a championship in the next 10 years, they'd have to do it against Lebron or Durant. And that's without having KG and Pierce anymore.

+1

Well, at least all the fair weather fans who wanted to see KG and PP retire in green - because they don't understand the reality of the NBA - won't be around polluting this board with nonsense.  Well Celtics fans, brace yourselves, we're heading back to the early-mid nineties, but, at least you'll be able to dab your eyes and sniffle when you watch KG and PP retire in green.

fair weather fans always want to blow up the team because they think players are fantasy league numbers and personalities are interchangeable.Kinda like you.

Sections
Shortcuts