ITOLDYASO thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

ITOLDYASO thread

Since some people like to post threads whenever one game finally demonstrates a point they were trying to make 2 months ago (in their need to be right)... I thought Id put this up from yesterdays games:

Perkins.. 19 min... 2pts... 2 rebs... 4 fouls

Tony Allen... 25 mins... 2 pts... 2 rebs... 6 fouls.

Now anyone interested can start an "ITOLDYASO" thread about how these two are not missed by the Celts

Then on Monday, when those stats likely shift in the other direction... the other half can do their "ITOLDYASO" thread about how we miss those 2.

We can just keep it going until the Celtics either win or lose the NBA championship

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: ITOLDYASO thread

Forgot to mention... maybe we can refer all the ITOLDYASO's to this thread so I can just ignore them all by not reading anything here.

Go C's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

LOL. Good one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to ITOLDYASO thread:
    [QUOTE]Since some people like to post threads whenever one game finally demonstrates a point they were trying to make 2 months ago (in their need to be right)... I thought Id put this up from yesterdays games: Perkins.. 19 min... 2pts... 2 rebs... 4 fouls Tony Allen... 25 mins... 2 pts... 2 rebs... 6 fouls. Now anyone interested can start an "ITOLDYASO" thread about how these two are not missed by the Celts Then on Monday, when those stats likely shift in the other direction... the other half can do their "ITOLDYASO" thread about how we miss those 2. We can just keep it going until the Celtics either win or lose the NBA championship
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game, Karl or only looked at the stat lines?   Perk was in constant foul trouble and did not have great stats for that reason (we've seen that on our team).  One game does not make a trend.  While I agree that the Perk trade was probably necessary, I don't agree that Perk's stats in one game at OKC demonstrates whether or not we'd miss him.  His value on D, Picks, and rebounding when not in foul trouble would show something different.

In the Memphis game, TA contributed mightily.  He made good passes/assists at very critical points in the game, he played good D on Manu, and he helps give Memphis an attitude and toughness that they use to win.   

Perk and TA would help the Celts with that Defense/rebounding/toughness and much more than Krstic and Murphy and Sasha ever will.   I still miss both of them, even if I agree with the trade of Perk for Green/draft pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to ITOLDYASO thread : Did you watch the game, Karl or only looked at the stat lines?   Perk was in constant foul trouble and did not have great stats for that reason (we've seen that on our team).  One game does not make a trend.  While I agree that the Perk trade was probably necessary, I don't agree that Perk's stats in one game at OKC demonstrates whether or not we'd miss him.  His value on D, Picks, and rebounding when not in foul trouble would show something different. In the Memphis game, TA contributed mightily.  He made good passes/assists at very critical points in the game, he played good D on Manu, and he helps give Memphis an attitude and toughness that they use to win.    Perk and TA would help the Celts with that Defense/rebounding/toughness and much more than Krstic and Murphy and Sasha ever will.   I still miss both of them, even if I agree with the trade of Perk for Green/draft pick.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Cfan4life... I think you missed the point of the thread.. It wasnt to take sides on either player... it was to say Im personally kinda tired of all the new threads that emerge every time one of these players (or Bill Walker, Luke, Erden, Posey, Leon et al) has either a really good or bad stat line...

When it happens, we get another ITOLDYASO thread, taking everyone on the other side of the argument to task.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : Cfan4life... I think you missed the point of the thread.. It wasnt to take sides on either player... it was to say Im personally kinda tired of all the new threads that emerge every time one of these players (or Bill Walker, Luke, Erden, Posey, Leon et al) has either a really good or bad stat line... When it happens, we get another ITOLDYASO thread, taking everyone on the other side of the argument to task.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karl, you're right, I did miss that as the point.  

My bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

Newton's(MA) first law - the conservation of ITOLDYOUSO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ITOLDYASO thread : Did you watch the game, Karl or only looked at the stat lines?   Perk was in constant foul trouble and did not have great stats for that reason (we've seen that on our team).  One game does not make a trend.  While I agree that the Perk trade was probably necessary, I don't agree that Perk's stats in one game at OKC demonstrates whether or not we'd miss him.  His value on D, Picks, and rebounding when not in foul trouble would show something different. In the Memphis game, TA contributed mightily.  He made good passes/assists at very critical points in the game, he played good D on Manu, and he helps give Memphis an attitude and toughness that they use to win.    Perk and TA would help the Celts with that Defense/rebounding/toughness and much more than Krstic and Murphy and Sasha ever will.   I still miss both of them, even if I agree with the trade of Perk for Green/draft pick.

One game does indeed NOT make a trend but an 8 year career may be considered a trend.

Where do you think people come up with descriptions like stone hands, turnover waiting to happen, constant foul trouble, and so on?  Is it from watching one game?  Nope, just 8 years. 

And oddly as that may seem, Perk is likely to end up with more rings than Rondo, KG, Pierce, and Ray combined.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : One game does indeed NOT make a trend but an 8 year career may be considered a trend. Where do you think people come up with descriptions like stone hands, turnover waiting to happen, constant foul trouble, and so on?  Is it from watching one game?  Nope, just 8 years.  And oddly as that may seem, Perk is likely to end up with more rings than Rondo, KG, Pierce, and Ray combined.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

How could that be with Perk being so terrible?  Why would anyone want him?  He is horrible, ther are 45 centers in the league better than him. Why would anyone give him a big contract? 
    Oh well some posters have their head stuck in the sand and understand nothing about basketball.  Well keep watching Dud you actually learn something some day.  Of I forgot you only look at boxscores.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : One game does indeed NOT make a trend but an 8 year career may be considered a trend. Where do you think people come up with descriptions like stone hands, turnover waiting to happen, constant foul trouble, and so on?  Is it from watching one game?  Nope, just 8 years.  And oddly as that may seem, Perk is likely to end up with more rings than Rondo, KG, Pierce, and Ray combined.

Dudder, I continue to find you the the most comical poster on the Board.  Perk drove us all crazy with his stone hands and slow movements and once a game silly postups where he lost the ball.  Then, he would get serious, block a couple of shots, push someone away from a rebound so KG could get it, rebound himself, set a pick that leveled someone and made them never want to be picked again, etc, etc.   Then, we'd win the game.   

You are funny because you think that everything you do in basketball is measured in the box score.  One day, you may actually watch a game and see how a TEAM operates and how the little things EVERYONE on the team does helps the TEAM win.....and Perk was a big contributor to the TEAM.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : How could that be with Perk being so terrible?  Why would anyone want him?  He is horrible, ther are 45 centers in the league better than him. Why would anyone give him a big contract?  Oh well some posters have their head stuck in the sand and understand nothing about basketball.  Well keep watching Dud you actually learn something some day.  Of I forgot you only look at boxscores.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I am sure from your drive through window minimum wage job it appears as if Perk got a big contract but by NBA standards ummmm he didn't get a big contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : Dudder, I continue to find you the the most comical poster on the Board.  Perk drove us all crazy with his stone hands and slow movements and once a game silly postups where he lost the ball.  Then, he would get serious, block a couple of shots, push someone away from a rebound so KG could get it, rebound himself, set a pick that leveled someone and made them never want to be picked again, etc, etc.   Then, we'd win the game.    You are funny because you think that everything you do in basketball is measured in the box score.  One day, you may actually watch a game and see how a TEAM operates and how the little things EVERYONE on the team does helps the TEAM win.....and Perk was a big contributor to the TEAM.

Exactly it is a team and any number of centers around the league could be doing all these "little things" you are talking about... oh and a whole bunch more.  Somehow the Cs would be much worse off with Bynum, Nene, Howard, Horford, Chandler, Noah, Bogut, either Lopez, either Gasol and so on and so on.......

That doesn't sound so comical to me.....

p.s. please don't tell me what you think I think (it may be your opinion that I think everything is measured in the box scores but it is certainly not what I think)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : I am sure from your drive through window minimum wage job it appears as if Perk got a big contract but by NBA standards ummmm he didn't get a big contract.

Minimum  wage?  I retired @ 35.  Never seen a minimum wage job. How about you?  Oh I forgot you inherited.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

OKC won. memphis won. the stat lines of the particular players don't matter. perk has ibaka playing out of his mind. TA has memphis defending like crazy.

I'm not saying this as an ITOLDYASO. I didn't think we'd miss TA as much as we did. I had no idea losing perk would send us into such a spin.

but I dearly love and miss those players, and I'm glad they're doing well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone see TA dribble the ball off his foot the other night when they lost?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : Minimum  wage?  I retired @ 35.  Never seen a minimum wage job. How about you?  Oh I forgot you inherited.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yeah inherited, right.  My dad died when I was 2, grew up in utter poverty, and at 48 now, I am also retired.

p.s. Perk didn't get a big contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITOLDYASO thread : Yeah inherited, right.  My dad died when I was 2, grew up in utter poverty, and at 48 now, I am also retired. p.s. Perk didn't get a big contract.

I don't miss Perk. I agree that he did the little things. I just couldn't stand watching him fumble the ball out of bounds. It was a matter of asthetics. It doesn't seem like he and TA wanted to be here, anyway.
    I am self-employed (read unemployable), so I claim to be semi-retired.

18. This post has been removed.