It's a One Year Rental

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

Re: It's a One Year Rental

In Response to Re: It's a One Year Rental:
    Can you imagine drafting a guy in the first round knowing he has disc issues and might have short term and long term back issues? UGH!!!!!!!!!!! "There are some issues there," said Ainge. "Our medical staff thinks that short-term and long-term there may be some maintenance issues with the back. Doc Rivers played with a herniated disk for 13 years. It may need surgery at some point, it may not."
    Posted by TommyRules

He was a former top 5 projection that fell to 21 b/c of back issues. Back issues or not, if a talent like that comes to your at pick 21 you take it without hesitation b/c if he works out its a wonderful thing, if not, oh well, he was a 21 st pick.

You need some NBA knowlede you ignorant a**hole. Plus, don't joke about heart conditions, a bad back is one thing. I am ignoring your posts from now on. I assume you are an overwieght virgin that lives in his mamma's basement and has nothing better to do than post trash on a celtics blog. Get an education you pathetic d^%k.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I do feel LA is a better team than the Celtics (on paper if everything goes right for them) simply b/c dominant size has always won out over great guard play.

Gasol, Hill and Howard will give LA more of an advantage over KG, Bass, Sully and Wilcox than Rondo, Terry and Avery will give us over Nash, Blake and Meeks. Even though it appears pretty debatable it is those offensive boards, easy buckets and inevidable foul trouble that will win out.

Pierce and Green are roughly equal to Kobe and Artest although the potential is there for the C's duo to put more space between them than for LA's to, b/c I really see this as the season Kobe's mileage catches up with him (after the Olympics and a year removed from his knee treatment magic) unless Brown plays him all of 28-32 mins a game like Doc will PP (not likely). And of course I'll place my bets on the 25 year old with the heart questions over the 35 year old with the mental questions and physical decline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Here are 5 points on this subject that are pretty simple to grasp for anyone with a clue about the game: 1. OKC is still the team to beat in the West. LA added a PG with back issues who will be 39 in the playoffs, that does nothing to stop Westbrook who will destroy Nash. LA added a C with back issues who was often neutralized by Perk in the '09/'10 playoffs. If Perk is healthy and playing at that level the addition of Howard over Bynum (who avg'd a 17/11/2 vs. OKC games 1-4 before checking out in game 5) is a downgrade vs. OKC b/c Bynum was historically a harder matchup for Perk (and Duncan as well). 2. If he doesn't win the title this year Dwight has a big decision to make, although ultimately he will prob stay in LA like DWill in Brooklyn... but LA will have no youth, draft picks and 4 fading 'names' on the '13-'14 roster. Even if Kobe doesn't retire to go to Europe after next season, his mere presence on the '14 team at even a KG like 11-12 million per extension will give LA only 5-10 million in cap space (if Howard signs a max extension) not enough to revamp a contender or get past OKC (assuming they can keep Perk, Ibaka and Harden). 3. The Celtics built a lineup to beat the Heat this summer. They currently have a 54-58 win team that can give Miami a run for its money. They can't even get to the finals without beating the Heat. In '11 the C's went big to potentially matchup with LA and it blew up in their faces. Now they have a DEEP, young, scary lineup that can go blow for blow with the champs who they almost beat with a injury decimated crew. The C's improved more from the teams on the floor in games 5-7 of the ECF than the Heat did (even with Ray). Celtics are 1 move (swapping Bass for a better D/reb big) away from being a 58-64 win team and possibly even FAVORED to win the title. 4. Currently the Celtics have done more to beat the team that ousted them the last 2 years than LA has done to get past OKC, who outclassed them a year ago. The Heat and Thunder remain the teams to beat in each conference with the C's, Lakers and Spurs rounding out a top 5 that should be noticeably better than the next tier of 10 teams or so all bunched up and going for seeds in the 3-6 range all all capable 2nd round talents with ZERO title hopes (unless Rose is a miracle healer). 5. LA fans really need to cool their jets until they see how these backs hold up from Nash/Howard, how the personalities and ego's all mesh, if Artest can keep his head as his skills further decline and how Kobe and Gasol, now solidly on the decline, respond after playing in the Olympics. Oh and their coach is still outwitted by any decent mind in the game and doesn't come close to having the personality to solve any ego problems.
    Posted by rameakap

Ramekap,
    Good post. Thanks. 100% agree.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and of course it is better to build a team that can compete with the Thunder, Heat and other up and coming speed clubs than it is to build a roster to counter LA's twin towers and 34-38 year old starters that we'd see twice a year with an outside chance of seeing in the finals (since both clubs currently trail the Heat/Thunder in their respective conferences).

LA has barely improved a team that went 1-8 in the last 2 second rounds. The upgrade that comes from fitting two huge personalities with back issues onto the team, over Bynum and the PG's of the last 2 years, is pretty much mitigated by 1-2 more years of age for Artest, Kobe and Gasol (along with the Olympic wear and tear) as well as the dunce cap wearing buffoon they have calling the shots from the sideline and the downgrade at 6th man from Odom, who everyone forgets was VERY good in Phil's system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rameakap,
    Good to see you back.  I especially see and agree with your point that we were built to beat the Heat or an OKC this off season.  The odd thing about the Howard trade is that it changed the dynamic in the East. Bynum and Lavoy Allen will now be a difficult match up for KG.  So difficult it is hard to see how we can thrive in a front court battle with them.  We have the advantage in the backcourt with all these teams.  

They should have added a rebounder and did not. Varajeo is out there and you have wonder if not a guy like him, who gets us past a tough playoff series in Philly or even LA in June. We need help in the frontcourt unless Melo is the greatest the surprise in the NBA this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rameakap, Good to see you back.  I especially see and agree with your point that we were built to beat the Heat or an OKC this off season.  The odd thing about the Howard trade is that it changed the dynamic in the East. Bynum and Lavoy Allen will now be a difficult match up for KG.  So difficult it is hard to see how we can thrive in a front court battle with them.  We have the advantage in the backcourt with all these teams.   They should have added a rebounder and did not. Varajeo is out there and you have wonder if not a guy like him, who gets us past a tough playoff series in Philly or even LA in June. We need help in the frontcourt unless Melo is the greatest the surprise in the NBA this year.
    Posted by concord27

Thanks Concord, spent the last week moving/vacationing across the country

Varejao is the name I feel strongest about, he is the guy that pushes us from 55 win 2-3 seed that loses another game 7 in Miami to 60 win possible 1 seed with the frontcourt to beat Miami and whoever they face in the finals 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

rameakap,you are intitled to your opinion,but unfortunately you are all wrong in your analysis. Anyone who has ever played the game knows the Lakers are now the top threat to the Heat.  And you are correct that the Celtics are in the next tier of 10 teams with ZERO chance at title hopes. When the Lakers do make it to the Finals this coming season will you rameakap sit down and eat a big plate of crow? In your own words if Pierce is a good as Kobe then why wasn't he on the USA Olympic team??  If someone was to plow back through your posts wouldn't they find that you said the exact same thing about Kobe's knee 2 or 3 years ago!  The problem with your bets is they have to be placed BEFORE they happen not after. Hope all is well.
    Posted by dfurypos

Wow serious ignorance and reading comprehension issues galore in your response...

Anyone who has ever played the game knows the Lakers are now the top threat to the Heat

Really? So you disagree that Perk can play Howard one on one with the best of the game and lessen his impact? And of course Gasol, Hill, Artest, Kobe, Meeks and Nash are superior to Durant, Ibaka, Collison, Sefolosha, Harden and Westbrook right? Oh wait, OKC's squad when you take away Perk compared to LA's squad when you take away Howard would ANNIHILATE the Lakers.

Perk plays Howard better than Bynum. FACT. And Nash at 39 will get lit up and destroyed by Westbrook. He already burned him for 30+ in a game each of the last 2 seasons.

This season hasn't started yet and so there is no way you can claim a team with 4 starters who got worse with age and made a lateral move, esp when it comes to facing OKC/Perk (in Bynum for Howard) is suddently better than the team who beat then easily in 5 last year and whose core got BETTER with age as OKC will learn from their finals experience.

you are correct that the Celtics are in the next tier of 10 teams with ZERO chance at title hopes

Are you trying to be sarcastic, b/c you come off as someone who can't read. I said Boston is right behind Miami in the same way LA and SA are right behind OKC and those 5 teams are all in the top 5 in some order. The regular season will determine which. Boston has as good a chance to dethrone Miami as LA does with OKC. They are not in a top 10 after LA, Miami and OKC as you seem to imply.

When the Lakers do make it to the Finals this coming season will you rameakap sit down and eat a big plate of crow?

Why would I have to do that? I said LA will be no worse than the 3rd seed, could be the 1 seed, and will be one of the 5 teams with a chance to win it all this year (6 if Rose is healthy). So where did I ever say they could not make the finals? They are simply not better than the Thunder until they prove it, just like Boston is not better than Miami until they prove it, both teams are in the same place

In your own words if Pierce is a good as Kobe

Again, learn to READ, my goodness it is not hard. I said as a DUO I would prefer Pierce and Green to Kobe and Artest. That doesn't make sense to you? Would you rather I say that my prediction is for Kobe to be just slightly better than Pierce this season while the gap between Green and Artest will be greater??? Seems like you can't follow ANYTHING so no matter which way I phrase it you will be caught answering with your pants down and thumb up yer bum.

If someone was to plow back through your posts wouldn't they find that you said the exact same thing about Kobe's knee 2 or 3 years ago!

Nope they would not. The last few years I said Kobe was just leaving his prime but could still dominate when needed. Only what the Lakers needed was his defense and playmaking, getting 7-8 dimes and including Gasol/Bynum more (like West did later in his career with Wilt). Only Kobe proved to be a selfish me-first arrogant pr!ck who was unfortunately surrounded by punks in Bynum/Odom/Artest, now he gets clowns in Bynum/Brown, back issues in Bynum/Nash and 1 punk still remains.

But yes this is the first year I predict Kobe will see a big drop in PER and those 'wow' games where he can drop 37 on you at will will be cut in half. If Bynum is completely healthy tho it is better off for the Lakers if Kobe was a 3rd option anyhow. Will he accept that? And when the games get tight and execusion so important in the playoffs Kobe will still be called on to close, and he has been a CHOKE artist for 6 years now, robbing Gasol of an MVP with his 6-24 in '10 and starting to look washed up during the 1-8 2nd round humiliations the past 2 years... so is it really a stretch to say a season after playing in the Olympics and hitting 53,000 minutes played (more than KG) he will look totally gassed by May???

Anyhow, thats how you win a debate... take care

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Ram.....you are dealing with a troll that only wants to bait you to get his/her rocks off....the content of the posts are just like reading "The Enquirer" or any other tabloid......no substance...just a bunch of B.S. to get a reaction from the reader....probably another teenager to boot....I'd suggest backing off and looking to converse with intelligent posters....just my opinion pal....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ram.....you are dealing with a troll that only wants to bait you to get his/her rocks off....the content of the posts are just like reading "The Enquirer" or any other tabloid......no substance...just a bunch of B.S. to get a reaction from the reader....probably another teenager to boot....I'd suggest backing off and looking to converse with intelligent posters....just my opinion pal....
    Posted by Duke4

Haha, sounds good Duke.

I've been traveling and gone for over a week, didn't know the troll and thought he/she actually wanted an intelligent debate but simply didn't take the time to closely read my opinions before spouting Laker love.

It is not hard to follow. LeBron and Durant had to get past LA and Boston, who owned '08-'10, and finally did so in the last 2 years, removing those two teams from top 2 in the sport over a 3 year period to the 4-6 range in some order with SA and Chicago as Dallas is 2A and OKC 2B.

Now Boston and LA have both made moves to get better, yet until they knock off the 2 teams with stars in or entering their primes, who did nothing to get worse, they CANNOT be considered superior to the 2 clubs that just played in the finals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And furthermore my point is that LA's improvements are actually of little use against their main rival, the Thunder.

Perkins would rather play Howard than Bynum every day of the week. And while Westbrook may not enjoy seeing Nash hit a few clutch shots and not wet hit pants under pressure like Sessions did, he would MUCH rather have Nash guarding him on D than the athletic and young Ramon.

So really... LA is better equipped to beat SA perhaps, or the Clips, or the Grizz... but they are not better off against the team who whipped them last year. Had Kobe decided to average 10 dimes and get Bynum 26 and Gasol 22 each night maybe LA stretches that series to 7. I put it all on him and Brown. Now with Ibaka a year better and having played with Gasol in the Olympics there is no advantage there that the Llama may have had this past May. And we all know Perk has WAY more trouble with Bynum than Howard.

Meanwhile the Celts, whose frontcourt would 100% have a very hard time with the Lakers, spent their offseason preparing to beat the HEAT. Avery was already the Wade stopper who if healthy would have put us into the finals last year and reduced Ray's role... so we got guards in Lee and Terry who are going to terrorize and outscore the Heat's bench of Cole and Ray. Pierce even with his MCL injury did (and always has done) a decent defensive job on LeBron, but now he has Green to help him over bum knees Pietrus and Sully, likely a walking 12/6 in 20 mins by February, to throw at the likes of Haslem and Anthony.

I'll still take a healthy KG over Bosh... the C's just need him playing 30, where Bosh can play 40, so they need to upgrade Bass to a guy like Varejao to really make things interesting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Great points ram....I am totally on board pal...!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: It's a One Year Rental : Thanks Concord, spent the last week moving/vacationing across the country Varejao is the name I feel strongest about, he is the guy that pushes us from 55 win 2-3 seed that loses another game 7 in Miami to 60 win possible 1 seed with the frontcourt to beat Miami and whoever they face in the finals 
    Posted by rameakap

Regarding Varajeo what do you think it would take to get him? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: It's a One Year Rental : Regarding Varajeo what do you think it would take to get him? 
    Posted by concord27

Bass

- mostly to make the $ work but he is a solid player under 30 with a fair contract Cavs can easily afford, his style of play should mesh well with Tristan Thompson (a Jeff Green type) and he is a great character guy for a young team, the Cavs can flip him to a contender for some value in the future

Melo

- 21 year old defensive minded high motor Brazilian to replace the similar (at that age) but shorter Brazilian they trade here. Having Melo develop in a C tandem with Zeller, who has more offensive polish but gets pushed around a bit down low, is a good deal for the Cavs. They will have solid young talent at all positions (assuming Caspri, Waiters, Melo and Zeller are rotation good) nand will be one superstar wingman scorer away (a Batman to Irving's Robin) from serious playoff contention come 2015.

Celtics '13 1st round pick

- Should be in the 25-28 range, helps the Cavs add young depth or a trade asset
    I'd think that would be an offer that helps both sides, depending of course on Melo's development. It will sting for us if Melo starts looking like a future Dalembert or Ratliff type talent, very possible, but that is what you have to give up as a title contender w/ ashort window needing an instant upgrade. No matter what he will be in 2015 Melo will not be the presence a healthy Varejao, only 30-31, would be for the next 2 years.

Of course the flip side is Melo spending time in the D-league looking more like Thabeet or Yinka Dare, in which case the Cavs could get a better offer elsewhere for a guy who they haven't been in any hurry to trade to begin with. Gotta like Gilbert's dislike for LeBron to be a factor too, if I was Dan I'd be sending useful veterans my lotto club didn't need to the likes of the Celtics and Bulls instead of say 2nd round ceiling western conference clubs.

We could likely put Sullinger in over Melo, esp with his ties to the state... but Melo would likely get it done as well. The worst case scenario is the Cavs insisting Lee, Sully and Melo. Then you think long and hard and likely pass unless the rebounding/post defense woe's truly are the single issue keeping us from title favorites.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to It's a One Year Rental:
    Marc Stein:  If L.A. does not work out for Dwight, says source briefed on his thinking, he knows "Dallas will be there for him."  Mavs will have cap space  Twitter
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm thinking that Kobe won't be happy when Mike Brown tries to impress upon everyone that a Nash-Howard pick-and-roll should be the mainstay of the offense (Nash as the best handler and passer; Howard as the athletic pick-setter and cutter). And then there's Gasol who's #4 now.

Best case: they all stay healthy, Nash somehow makes it all work, and they have a tough time with teams with deeper benches than 35yo Antawn Jamison and Jordan Hillol

Worst case: Nash or Howard has back problems and they realize that the game is played with only one basketball and Kobe can't always have it. Howard wants to be the man. Nash wants to be the ball handler and should be. Kobe works best in isolations. Gasol wants touches. It almost as easily be the Carmelo-Amar'e Knicks, West Coast edition.

Prediction: They get ousted in the second round by the Nuggets who are deep and can match their size, the Spurs who are also deep and can match their size (added bonus: a free throw shooting contest between Splitter and Howard), or the Thunder (who only have Collison and Harden off the bench, but are athletic, more experienced, and have Perkins to help negate Howard)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to It's a One Year Rental : I'm thinking that Kobe won't be happy when Mike Brown tries to impress upon everyone that a Nash-Howard pick-and-roll should be the mainstay of the offense (Nash as the best handler and passer; Howard as the athletic pick-setter and cutter). And then there's Gasol who's #4 now. Best case : they all stay healthy, Nash somehow makes it all work, and they have a tough time with teams with deeper benches than 35yo Antawn Jamison and Jordan Hillol Worst case : Nash or Howard has back problems and they realize that the game is played with only one basketball and Kobe can't always have it. Howard wants to be the man. Nash wants to be the ball handler and should be. Kobe works best in isolations. Gasol wants touches. It almost as easily be the Carmelo-Amar'e Knicks, West Coast edition. Prediction : They get ousted in the second round by the Nuggets who are deep and can match their size, the Spurs who are also deep and can match their size (added bonus: a free throw shooting contest between Splitter and Howard), or the Thunder (who only have Collison and Harden off the bench, but are athletic, more experienced, and have Perkins to help negate Howard)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Very good analysis, I see something similar to that happening as well, prob a WCF loss to OKC tho.

Look at the players and how it obviously would have to play out for everything to go right:

Nash - best ballhandler/passer, very good shooter, terrible on defense, no longer a cutter, fast-break or interior scoring threat like he was 3-4 years ago. He needs to run the offense, be masked by Howard/Kobe on defense, be the 3rd-4th option to score b/c of his shot (prob better than Kobe's) and yet play under 30 mins a game

Kobe - now a swiss army knife type who is no longer excellent at anything but remains good at almost everything, hence the 20 shots iso's 'I'm going for 30' needs to be gone for good replaced with the 18-8-6 Kobe who readily steps up to expend energy defending the other teams best guard to help Nash and is quick to dish to anyone (other than Artest) when he's doubled. Be the closer he hasn't been since '06 since Howard can't even play at the end of games. Will he accept and excel in this role?

Gasol - in decline but his best skills are overall offense, scary smooth for his size, and his rebounding is a plus if he is engaged. The only way to keep him engaged is to make him the 1st or (at worst) 2nd option on offense, otherwise he drifts away from the banging down low (whats the point when u only get 8 shots right Pau?) and lets shorter athlete type PF's punk him. Kobe needs to make it his mission to put Pau's offense before his and if he does the Llama needs to step up with a 20/9 since the NBA world will be waiting to punce on him if he's a pouty 15/7. They will blame Gasol if LA isn't insanely good when anyone with a brain will know the rapist and idiot coach are to blame.

Howard - Defense first for Dwight, dominate the paint and make those guards who blow by Nash regret doing so. Be the 1st-2nd option in a pick and roll and lob/punish defenseless inferior defender style offense to the tune of a 24/13 season. Get rid of the clowning around ASAP. Shoot 65% from the line.

Artest - Keep mouth shut all year, don't intentionally hurt others, hit open 3's consistently, defend the Durant's, Dirk's and LeBron's at 70% of your prime and 85% of your 2010 title year performances and play under 30 mins then it will be gravy.

So there you have it... the blueprint to LA being a title contender... even if you have 2 guys playing only 28-30 minutes, Kobe who should play no more than 32, and a bench that isn't talented enough to scare anyone when they play the other 75-80 mins, not to mention their clown coach and back injury possibilities.

But those are the 'I'm putting ego aside' roles each player (except maybe Howard) needs to play for them to win. Dwight just needs to do things like act professional and hit FT's, you know, things he hasn't done in an 8 year career.

What are the odds they all can do it and Brown can keep it going even if they try??? Hmmmmm

It will be drama at its finest I'll give the Fakers that

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In Response to Re: It's a One Year Rental : ROTLMAO!!!! I guess he will come to my Celtics then considering we have a total of 1 title in the past 25 years.  UGH!!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

As bad as I hate to say it my Lakers have had at least 2 championships given to us. The Sacremento debacle was total embarrassment and was the 4 quarter of game seven agains the Celtics.  I would say it goes both ways but I have never seen the Celtics get anything like those games given to them.  Ughhh!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to It's a One Year Rental : I'm thinking that Kobe won't be happy when Mike Brown tries to impress upon everyone that a Nash-Howard pick-and-roll should be the mainstay of the offense (Nash as the best handler and passer; Howard as the athletic pick-setter and cutter). And then there's Gasol who's #4 now. Best case : they all stay healthy, Nash somehow makes it all work, and they have a tough time with teams with deeper benches than 35yo Antawn Jamison and Jordan Hillol Worst case : Nash or Howard has back problems and they realize that the game is played with only one basketball and Kobe can't always have it. Howard wants to be the man. Nash wants to be the ball handler and should be. Kobe works best in isolations. Gasol wants touches. It almost as easily be the Carmelo-Amar'e Knicks, West Coast edition. Prediction : They get ousted in the second round by the Nuggets who are deep and can match their size, the Spurs who are also deep and can match their size (added bonus: a free throw shooting contest between Splitter and Howard), or the Thunder (who only have Collison and Harden off the bench, but are athletic, more experienced, and have Perkins to help negate Howard)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Varajeo if healthy would become the single most popular fan favorite in recent history. His game of flying around to get rebounds and put backs is what we have not had for this whole era since 2007.  We need it now to win.  Garnett and he would antagonize and irritate other players like no one else.  Melo does not appear to be Ratliffe at this point but it is a roll of the dice as you say.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: It's a One Year Rental : Ignorance at it's finest. Dwight could be doubled very easily in Orlando without the threat of anyone else on those Magic teams with the exception of 2009 when the Magic beat our Celtics and made it to the Finals. Let teams try and double Dwight now, and the Lakers will make them pay every time with the best starting backcourt in the league (Kobe and dead eye shooter Nash) and Pau Gasol with his great touch. When the Dwight trade went down, so did the rest of the league's title chances. Ugh!!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Talk about ignorance, do you know anything about the recent history's of the teams and players???

Perk OR Baby played Howard one on one and drove him nuts, the only time we doubled him was when KG was being overpowered... Howard got decent #'s vs. the C's but they were not in dominating winning situations, the best team he played on in '09, that you reference, needed 7 to beat a C's team w/o KG as Howard went for 16 a game vs Perk. The 21.8/10.8 he got a year later when the C's easily beat Orlando, starting out 3-0 against them despite not having homecourt, continued to prove that Perk can play him one on one just fine.

Let's see, Perk was known to get frustrated with the superior offensive game of Bynum, a guy with legit moves, an 18 footer and could hit FT's. Perk relished the brute strength one on one positioning battle with a guy who can't shoot past 12 feet and when you put him on the line hits for all of 50%.

hahahahaha, thanks for the laugh

OKC handled LA easily with a Center the Thunder and Perk are far more scared of than Howard. So really the question is, will a 39 year old Steve Nash, 90-95 games or so into the season, be making that much of a difference to change the outcome of a 5 game laugher this past year? Esp considering Gasol, Kobe and Artest are all older to their detriment while Durant, Ibaka, Westbrook, Harden and Sefolosha are all older but BETTER b/c of it, Perk is the same age as Howard, Collison younger than Jamison by 4-5 years and slightly better than ther younger inconsistent Hill. Also Perry Jones III, Thabeet, Maynor and Hollis Thompson are all young guys with question marks but potential to be useful, way more useful than Blake, Ebanks, Goudelock, Sacne or whatever collection of garbage LA has 9-12.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Thunder are CLEARLY the team to beat until LA proves otherwise, and the odds seem to favor at least a few things going wrong over everything going right, thats what happens when you have:

- an idiot coach

- selfish me-first star who has to drastically adjust his game b/c of age and his new teammates (if they want to win a title, he can be old '7-20 with 2 dimes' Kobe and go out in rd 2 again all he likes)

- a 38-39 year old with back issues leaving his comfy Phoenix system for a team he despised the last decade and only went to b/c the wife who cheated on him holds his kids hostage

- an ego maniac immature clown C with the likely potential to be more dominant on D but major back concerns replacing the sullen punk thung C with the superior offensive game and less concerning knee issues (pretty lateral move there)

- Artest, need we say more, can he hold it together, esp as his skills have declined

- Gasol, only good when he wants to be, too passive, but also gets blamed for everything that is more Kobe/Brown's fault than his, dislikes the selfish Kobe and the management who tried to trade him multiple times, needs to be the 1st or 2nd option on offense, rarely is, also declining with age

- Blake, threatened with death by NBA's worst fans after missing a shot Kobe didn't have the b@lls to make sure he was taking instead, also 32 years old

- Jamison, terrible PER, Hollinger and Ford said his inflated ppg were a joke compared to just how awful he was, has no position to defend anymore as he is slow and can't rebound, a stand-still 40% jump shooter at F? yuck, good thing he is a great locker room guy, but he will be to LA what Sheed/JON were to Boston, LA is just lucky they don't have to give him as big a role as we had to with those guys who stole money

- Hill, a decent signing as a young guy with upside who can rebound, but he is nowhere near what Odom was for this team in '08-'11. Even if he and Jamison give you the points/reb's in 32 mins Odom did, they will not impact the game as much

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You were humiliated with stats and facts and reality and so you use the Vegas 'flavor of the month' odds as your ace in the hole???

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

The GAMBLING industry prey's upon the ignorant who see headlines, the names of 'stars' and decide they just 'have to' make a bet.

Those odds can certainly change and fluxuate all season Einstein... wow what ignorance... as I've written pretty in depth about almost everything has to go right for LA to win a title... and with old teams injuries crop up, they have a bad coach and multiple ego's to sooth, it will be hard for it all to go perfect.

Boston with no drama, the less concerning KG/PP injury history, and the depth to go wire to wire should weather the storm just fine, especially being led by Doc.

Good reponse though clown, hahahahaha, Vegas odds in August, does Vegas consider how happy Perk is to face Howard over Bynum when it makes its odds??

hahahahahahahahahaha

I destroyed you these last 2 pages, take a deep breathe and read the truth, LA is a top 5 team, they are not better than the Thunder and too many things have to go right that probably won't in order for them to be.... JUST THE TRUTH

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Marc Stein: If L.A. does not work out for Dwight, says source briefed on his thinking, he knows "Dallas will be there for him." Mavs will have cap space Twitter

this SOB will not stop mentioning Dwight --- fooooking over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Look it is really not that hard, one of 3 things will happen:

A. The Lakers are a 62-66 win NBA championship team as almost everything goes right (like 90% of the issues work themselves out).

- I see them having less trouble with the Heat (or Celtics) then the Thunder, so if they make it to the title game they prob win it (barring a trade for either East team to get a big). The only issues LA has to deal with here would be occasional poor Brown strategy/leadership, Kobe hero ball losing a few and Nash's back is a thorn in the side he plays through but his impact is down from Pheonix. All of which are VERY VERY likely, but can be overcome if Howard and Gasol are dominant, Kobe lets them be the first options most of the time, Blake is an 8/4 in 20 solid mins and Artest plays good D/good solider hits 3's, no drama, etc.

B. Lakers are a 57-61 win West Finals team that loses to the Thunder if say 60-70% goes right and 30-40% goes wrong. This is the MOST LIKELY SCENARIO. Nash's back and system/lifestyle change prove to be detrimental all season, Howard feels some pressure, doesn't hit his stride until after the New Year, then gets handled by Perk the way he did in '09/'10, and there are various minor but not major leadership issues with Kobe/Brown/Nash and decline in games by Kobe/Gasol/Artest, but nothing major and no suspensions or injuries or Llama pouting. 

C. They will be a 52-56 win 2nd round team if multiple things go wrong (like 60% wrong, 40% right). This means the above Nash situation happens, perhaps even worse, Dwights back issues linger, 1 of the 2 'afterthought' F's has a real down year either from pouting (Gasol) mental issues/suspensions (Artest) or age related decline (both) and there would also 100% have to be some Kobe-Brown-Nash 'how to run the offense' drama and Kobe/Howard/Nash 'who controls the ball takes shots' drama. A young team with equal size (Grizz) or superior athletes/depth (Nuggets/Clippers) knocks them out in round 2.

If that happens Brown is fired and Gasol traded (they'll need at least 2 borderline starters, a 24 min combo guard and 24 min PF-C for him). Howard/Kobe get to choose new coach (Phil?) and the Blake/Metta exp contracts are moved for new (maybe slightly worse?) rotation guys. LA spends full 3m tax MLE, needs to build a team that can beat OKC and other younger/athletic teams, play Nash only 20-24 mins a game.

So I see B as being most likely, C as being next most likely, and A as being the least likely scenario. If I could bet on the field vs. LA with each $100 getting me back $25 I would in a HEARTBEAT. Mostly b/c I watched Celtic teams age, get hurt, and need EVERTHING TO GO RIGHT for them to win and things did not, and even if they had Miami would not have been as hard to get past as OKC will be for LA this year. Plus (and this is obv. not a big reason I'd pick against them) Howard, Kobe and Artest are disgusting/immature out of toucg with reality type human beings who don't deserve to be rewarded for their behavior, Howard most recently, Artest dating back to the brawl and recent elbow and Kobe for the rape, running shaq out of town, selfish throwing of his teammates under the bus whenever things go wrong ('06, '07, '10, '11), the arrogant fake persona and also the '10 title and MVP that belonged to Gasol were already gifts Stern decided he deserved.... oh yeah and also teams rarely win with a coach as bad as Brown, hehehe. 

and yes you have been thumped into the ground destroyed with your weak sauce responses and 'But Vegas says!!!' arguments... hahahaha

Sections
Shortcuts