It's all about Rondo now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It's all about Rondo now

Or at least that's what he thinks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Re: It's all about Rondo now

Luke, feel the hate!  Let it flow, let it consume you, it will make you more powerful!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I hope it's all about Rondo.  I hope he's ready to play and gets settled in fairly quickly.

We definitely need more from the PG position and Rondo just might be able to give us that.

We need that scoring threat on the court at PG and hopefully Rondo brings that soon.

If he comes in an averages 13 and 11, I'll take that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

When did you talk to Rondo?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

He can tell by the expressions Rondo makes what he is thinking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I hope that Rondo plays like the F-N  mad man that we see all too seldom.

From recent ESPN discussion: "I think a strong return [by Rondo] should mean more to a potential trade partner than it would to the Celtics. Rondo is the type to fill in the gaps on a good team, not carry a bad team."

Indeed!!!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Rondo needs you to love him so he can push you away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I hope it's not about Rondo.  I hope he knows what is good for the team long term.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

From recent ESPN discussion: "I think a strong return [by Rondo] should mean more to a potential trade partner than it would to the Celtics. Rondo is the type to fill in the gaps on a good team, not carry a bad team."

Indeed!!!

Pud

Hence the rush for him to come back. Admittedly he will make the C's better. Why would Danny allow him to come back if he was "not going anywhere"? He can only impede the tanking that appears to be in full force. Even Helen Keller from her lofty perch agrees with this.

One wants to go & the other isn't putting up too much of a fight. We may not get equal value for him but I imagine it will work itself out. It's called due diligence... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

my guess is that rondo is going to be auditioning for a potential trade partner. and i'm fine with that as long as we get some value back for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Rondo needs you to love him so he can push you away.

Exactly..... and then Rondo pushed me away... unable to handle my hot monkey luv.

You two-timin', conceited, pretty-boi huzzie!!!

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The one thing that I hope Rondo brings upon his comeback is to help control the Celtics in the 4th quarter every night.  I have become very frustrated watching teams come back to defeat and almost defeat the Cs in the last quarter almost every night.

Better 4th quarter management this year would have given the team at least seven more wins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Even with the collection of role players they are a decent team in a down east( I do believe that the East will be the dominate conference in a couple of years with all the rising talent). Rondo will bring some stability that is much needed.  I hope he is here for the long haul.  What free agents will want to come to Boston without any veterans or marquee name already here.  Sully, Olly, insert rookie name here, and AB is not enough.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

With or without Rondo we won't have to make much effort to lose. Rondo was part of the team when we kept losing and this year won't be any different. I just hope he doesn't come back to soon and ends up reinjuring himself like Rose and Westbrook. The current C's are not going anywhere this year. Who should be traded next?? Jeff Green??? He will never be a big time player in this league. He is being overpaid by the C's for what he contributes and an occassional 30 point game every once in a blue moon doesn't justify keeping him. He has been a big disappointment since we traded Perk for him and he needs to go find a new home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Indeed!!!

Pud

I thought you said he was going to be traded last off season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

He can tell by the expressions Rondo makes what he is thinking.

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo will have little impact on this team, if any, when he returns.  With nobody to hit the deep shot, the opposing defenses will collapse and take away Sully, Hump and Bass production and stifle Bradley and Green penetration as well.  

Whether you like Rondo or not, the Celtics are the wrong team for Rondo's skill set, especially at this tage of the rebuilding process and Rondo's upcoming salary dilemma.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

With a real point guard you'll see a dramatic improvement with this team, players you said "suck" will become solid players, mainly the shooters like Oly and Fav.  Sully will also benefit greatly from a real point guard who can run a pick and roll or get him the ball in his spots.

It might take Rondo some games to get his basketball legs under him, but it will come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

eldunker, regarding wins and losses this season, you are correct in rondo's lack of impact. but in regards to finding out what pieces and combos do and do not work for Cs ultimate success, the critical importance of his return cannot be overstated. let the process begin tomorrow night. as a rondo supporter, i can't wait to see this unfold. if he wants to be here, he will be. if he does not want to be here or his skills do not for any reason translate to stevens' and danny's vision, then he'll be gone. rondo followers everywhere, yea or nay, are on the threshold of determining if they are right or wrong about this guy. that's a good thing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Rondo got away with no playing defense the past few years with KG clogging the middle. He's going to have to play defense or he's going to be made to look awful. No more free matador defense. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Rondo got away with no playing defense the past few years with KG clogging the middle. He's going to have to play defense or he's going to be made to look awful. No more free matador defense. 

He played better defense than Ray Allen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

No more free matador defense.

we've seen rondo play restaurant quality defense and plenty of it. recently not as much. you think rondo can't give stevens whatever stevens wants on D, or just won't? i don't see that as an issue unless there's lingering knee problems, which i also doubt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo will have little impact on this team, if any, when he returns.  With nobody to hit the deep shot, the opposing defenses will collapse and take away Sully, Hump and Bass production and stifle Bradley and Green penetration as well.  

Whether you like Rondo or not, the Celtics are the wrong team for Rondo's skill set, especially at this tage of the rebuilding process and Rondo's upcoming salary dilemma.  

It depends on what skill set Rondo still has available. If he can penetrate, that will leave AB and JG even more open to hit jumpers. If he penetrates to the rim but is covered, Sully, Humpty and others will be there for quick flips. We are not going to suddenly go on a long winning streak, but IF Rondo is like his old self, many of his teammates will perform better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It's going to be fun to watch Rondo play with this group.

I just think it's funny that he had to wait for a nationally televised game to come back.

"We're just going to tell him we're playing on ABC every day," Doc Rivers said last year.

Sections
Shortcuts