It's all about Rondo now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: It's all about Rondo now

I agree that in the halfcourt set rondo is going to have a little more trouble penetrating without kg,pp and ray to spread the floor. Tho I think jgreen and ab are good  enough permiter shooters to still allow some spacing for rondo to operate with.  

I do  think he is finally going to have guys who can RUN with him in the open floor which should promote easier buckets thru transition/semi transition and fast break points. 

I think its very important that stevens steals a little bit of docs strategy and plays ab on the ball and rondo off the ball (sg's) cuz rondo is a good- very good man defender but struggles fighting thru screens on pick and roll (the reach from behind and try to poke the ball out defense he is so famous for) which obv leaves guys hanging in the paint and we no longer have a kg in there to protect the rim.

Reguardless itll be good to have rondo back. See what we have with this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

I agree that in the halfcourt set rondo is going to have a little more trouble penetrating without kg,pp and ray to spread the floor. Tho I think jgreen and ab are good  enough permiter shooters to still allow some spacing for rondo to operate with.  

I do  think he is finally going to have guys who can RUN with him in the open floor which should promote easier buckets thru transition/semi transition and fast break points. 

I think its very important that stevens steals a little bit of docs strategy and plays ab on the ball and rondo off the ball (sg's) cuz rondo is a good- very good man defender but struggles fighting thru screens on pick and roll (the reach from behind and try to poke the ball out defense he is so famous for) which obv leaves guys hanging in the paint and we no longer have a kg in there to protect the rim.

The problem is, as Tommy Heinson has pointed out many times, that to run you need to advance the ball to the farthest man, not just your point guard.

Rondo tends to dominate the ball so much that it sucks the life out of an offense.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

With a real point guard you'll see a dramatic improvement with this team, players you said "suck" will become solid players, mainly the shooters like Oly and Fav.  Sully will also benefit greatly from a real point guard who can run a pick and roll or get him the ball in his spots.

It might take Rondo some games to get his basketball legs under him, but it will come.

I thought you said Fav is already a legit starting NBA Center better than Asik?

And you said that we would not win 5 games in December.

No one here can predict the future.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

It's going to be fun to watch Rondo play with this group.

I just think it's funny that he had to wait for a nationally televised game to come back.

"We're just going to tell him we're playing on ABC every day," Doc Rivers said last year.

I don't look at he is waiting for a national tv game.  He is coming back against the arch rivals, the LA FAKERS.  He understands Celtics tradition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

The problem is, as Tommy Heinson has pointed out many times, that to run you need to advance the ball to the farthest man, not just your point guard.

Rondo tends to dominate the ball so much that it sucks the life out of an offense.

If you're going to quote a legend, at least get it right. He never said "to run you need to advance the ball". He has said to run you need a good outlet pass, and he often says the quickest way, is to advance the ball with a pass up-court. In no way is Rondo on the fast break a "problem", and never has been. He's argueably the best quarterback in the league, mainly on the break. I find your entire post complete BS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Slow down everyone. More then likely, Rondo will not even be much of a factor for about a month/month and 1/2 from his 1st game back. At least! It's more then just getting his wind back. His timing will take a while to come back as well. I expect to see the turnovers continue while he gets his game back. The word is he's going to be playing 18-20 minutes a game, for now. I think even that's pushing it a bit. I don't expect much production from him for the most part. All the same, it's good to see him back in that uniform, and i get the feeling his teammates are getting excited too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

If you're going to quote a legend, at least get it right. He never said "to run you need to advance the ball". He has said to run you need a good outlet pass, and he often says the quickest way, is to advance the ball with a pass up-court. In no way is Rondo on the fast break a "problem", and never has been. He's argueably the best quarterback in the league, mainly on the break. I find your entire post complete BS.

Last year Tommy complained when they would pass the ball to Rondo when someone else was open down the court.

And we lost the last seven games Rondo started.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Predicting how many wins a team gets in a month is different from proclaiming Vitor Faverani as a legit starting NBA Center, better than Omer Asik, even if Fav DID NOT play a single NBA regular season game yet.

I also told you prior to this season the team was "tanking" in the only way a modern NBA team can to improve, just like they did in 2006.  Play the players you want to showcase to move, hide the players you want to keep.  

Funny you'll be the first person to tell us that Wiggens will be a stud, even though he hasn't started a single NBA game yet, so I guess you should do all the talking and the rest of us should just quiet down and listen huh?

Fav will be the starting center next season (maybe by the end of this one) unless they acquire somebody better, then he'll be the back up, somebody better is NOT Asik... in case you didn't notice Asik is not on this team even after the C's had a chance to acquire him.  I guess a legit starting center like Asik isn't worth a draft pick?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Until now you insist on looking like a mental midget.

Fav is averaging 4.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 0.79 bpg.

You said Fav is a legit starting NBA Center before the season started.

To sum it up, you were wrong!

Andrew Wiggins is projected to go in the top 3 of the 2014 Draft.

So I'm not the only one saying Andrew Wiggins will be a stud.

And immediately after the Knicks eliminated the Celts in the playoffs last season, I made a thread about how Ainge will build through the draft.

So don't tell me about tanking because I was one of the first here who said this season will be a tanking season.

I've been here for years prior to your arrival and would still have the same profile if BDC didn't make us all start over.  I've been "right" over the decade+ more often than not while twleve year old minds like yours have come and gone.  You must be going on your what 5th or 6th profile, seems like you're too much of a "mental midget" as you put it to even figure out how not to get bounced from this site.

When I say the team is hiding the players they want to keep and showcasing the players they want to trade, you showing me how many minutes Fav is averaging means nothing.  Sebatian Telfair started over Rondo in 2006, where is he now?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I just think it's funny that he had to wait for a nationally televised game to come back.

"We're just going to tell him we're playing on ABC every day," Doc Rivers said last year.

Good point. Except for the fact the game is not nationally televised.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Is it my fault that you said Fav is a legit starting Center in the NBA even before Fav played a single NBA regular season game?

Did someone force you to to post that?

Yes, you've been here for a long time but until now you're still clueless.

Not my fault.

Being called clueless by someone with a twelve year old's vocabulary is funny to me. 

Chris Babb will be a Celtic?

How did that work yout for you?

Chris Babb is a member of the Celtic's minor league team, he is Celtic property.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/roster/

Pressey will start in place of Rondo when the regular season starts?

How did that work out for you?

I said Pressey should start if they were playing to win, I also said they would showcase the players they wanted to trade ahead of him.  

We just got our only victory of this entire month because he started and dished out ten assists... was I wrong?  Really?

Fav will the starting Center of the Celtics this season?

How did that work out for you?

See above, I won't keep repeating myself because you're dense.

I have all the posts and threads archived.

That's why you won't be able to weasel your way out.

Going back and forth with YOU makes me look stupid, the entire board is aware that you're a knob.  

I don't back off anything I've said and time will prove whether I am right or wrong, not you and your ability to twist what I have said and put words in my mouth.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Good point. Except for the fact the game is not nationally televised.

37 enjoy the playoff run that is about to start for this young Celtic squad.  Rondo will provide leadership for this young squad and coach and push them toward the playoffs.  The draft is not the place for Ainge to display his talents as we saw last year with Fab "Concussion" Melo. 

mutt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

With a real point guard you'll see a dramatic improvement with this team, players you said "suck" will become solid players, mainly the shooters like Oly and Fav.  Sully will also benefit greatly from a real point guard who can run a pick and roll or get him the ball in his spots.

It might take Rondo some games to get his basketball legs under him, but it will come.

Oly with Rondo and Pressey or two real point guards;  32.5 minutes, 11-17 shooting, 25 points, 5 boards (2 offensive), 7 assists, 1 block, 2 steals with 1 turnover.

It will be Fav's turn eventually, as soon as they shed Hump and Bass's contracts we'll begin to see what the young core of this team will look like going forward.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Oly with Rondo and Pressey or two real point guards;  32.5 minutes, 11-17 shooting, 5 boards (2 offensive), 7 assists, 1 block, 2 steals with 1 turnover.

It will be Fav's turn eventually, as soon as they shed Hump and Bass's contracts we'll begin to see what the young core of this team will look like going forward.

Keep dreaming!

Tonight the Celts needed a big man who can match-up with Pau Gasol and Fav didn't even play a single minute.

Until now you don't get it, Brad Stevens will not play players who are bad on defense.

Or Brad is tanking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The only reason why I archived your posts is because you will lie and deny that you said those things.

I have your posts as proof.

You're FOS...  we've done this dance before, you post snippets of my posts which say what you wish they said.  I pull up the full post which states what I really said without your edits.

Everyone here is well aware of your method of operation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Or Brad is tanking.

Fierce has waffled between tank, not tank, tank, not tank all season... he never has solid ideas of his own, he likes to leave it ambiguous so he can come back and say "I was right."  

Like if Fav suddenly becomes a player once they trade Bass and Hump, he will say "Wozzy I never said he stunk, I merely told you to have patience and wait until he plays" totally ignoring all the garbage he spoke.  He has already done this when Fav posted near twenty boards in a game early this season, he started the backtracking.

Jellyfish have more backbone...

Sections
Shortcuts