It's All on Rondo and Has Been.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

It's All on Rondo and Has Been.

The reason for the Celtics dysfunctional play since the Perk trade is because Rajon Rondo has played very poorly and has failed the team in every aspect of his game.

As goes Rondo, so goes the Celtics.

If the Celtics fail to go deep into the playoffs it will be because Rondo has failed his team.

Do you think it an anomaly that when Rondo is on top of his game that the Celtics are nigh unbeatable? Perk or sans Perk?

All this agonizing about KG, Paul, Ray, Kristic, Green is misguided at best and delusional at worst.

Rondo has been AWOL, absent without leave, since the Perk trade.

Make of it what you will, but this is Rondo''s team, and as he goes so go the Celtics.

If the driving wheel is warped and not turning in proper rotation, how do you expect the other gears to function as expected? 

For whatever reason Rondo has been mailing it in since Perk got traded.

Our only hope for the playoffs is if Rondo gets his head out of his nether regions and decides to play ball again.

Maybe he was unhappy with the perceived betrayal, that the whole team felt, with the Perk trade:  maybe that is why he has been mailing it in every game.

I only hope that he now decides to be a professional and give his team the best chance to advance to the finals and not sabotage the team any further, for that is what I think he has done lately, sabotage his team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been.

Sounds like youre saying Rondo is the most important player on the team. 

Here's where we disagree. When Rondos playing his best , he makes the team click.. gets everyone open shots, wreaks havoc in the paint.. Hes a huge asset.

On the other hand, we can still win without ROndo because of the caliber of players on this team.. If Pierce is on, we're tough to beat.. etc, etc

The problem is really can we win without Rondo... its can we win with Rondo playing like garbage?? He does more damage than good when hes not doing it... He cheats and is plain weak on defense, doesnt drive blah, blah, blah..

We can win without Rondo but we cant win if Rondo plays like he has lately..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Geez, I just read my post above and even I cant understand it.

Ill try again.

1. With Rondo playing well on both sides of the ball, the team is tough to beat

2. If Rondo is out, we can still win with the players we have.. just a tougher road

3. If ROndo plays like he has lately, we cant win. Hes such a negative that we cant overcome him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i disagree w/ the title of this thread. IMO it's all on health and has been.

rondo will be fine. i fully expect him to improve his post season resume.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been.:
    In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : The title of this thread is a response to the thread that says start Jeff Green and move Ray Allen to the bench.

Posted by Fiercest34

Way too presumptuous & dead wrong.

The title of the thread is explained very clearly in the post: that in my opinion we need Rondo playing at the top of his game for the Celtics to progress.  That if Rondo continues to play like he has since the Perk trade the C's will continue to play poorly.  That Rondo has been mailing it in, i.e. not giving his best effort every game.

I think Rondo has been the leading cause of the team's decline since the Perk trade, and I've always been a big Rondo defender, but he's become an enigma even to those who cover the team locally and see the Celtics all the time, and his mental funk affects the play of the entire team.

Before the Perk trade I was of the opinion that we could win without Rondo at his best or even without Rondo as long as D-West and Nate were there, but since the trade my opinion has changed.

Rondo's poor play has dragged the team down and no one seems to know what is the matter with him, though opinions abound.

Many people think it's mental, and I fall into that camp.

I just hope Rondo pulls out of it because he can lead the team to a title or to an early exit. 

I love watching Rondo at his best, and I hope that is the Rondo we see again when the playoffs begin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

With the talent on the floor around him, I would have to agree that Rondo is the critical piece.  If he could knock down mid range jump shots, that pretty much every other PG in the NBA can knock down, defending this team would be impossible. 

Rondo's inability to shoot and the fact that he is a liability at the foul line late in games is a huge problem.  At his best last year, he was influencing games with his energy and by attacking the basket relentlessly, 2 things he has not shown much of in the past few months.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Rondo's development has re-gressed, not pro-gressed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

rayman7, I totally agree.

Karllost, I was confused reading your first post so I'm glad to know I wasn't alone.  However, I think your second point is the most important because if Rondo continues to play like he has, I think Delonte will assume extended minutes.  It would be a much, much tougher road if Rondo started the playoffs like he's played since the trade and Delonte was given his minutes.

I think we could do it too but it would be so much more difficult.

The bottom line is, Rondo HAS to play like "playoff Rondo" of the past two seasons.  If he doesn't, I think we might not make it out of the 2nd round.  No doubt, Ray and Pierce and KG have to play much better too but Rondo is the straw (that stirs the drink).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

absolutely correct. whoever says "C's can win w/o Rondo" doesnt know this team. Its all about Rondo. hes the engine. he can play average and the Celts can win, but he cant play bad. if kg has a bad game, we can still win. same with Ray and Paul. Rondo cant. and i like how people are finally starting to realize that. Rondo is w/o question the most important player to this teams title chances. noone on that team is going to tell you differently. 

in saying that, expect "playoff rondo" to come out, ONCE AGAIN, and remind everyone why he is ONE OF the best pg in this league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

absolutely correct. whoever says "C's can win w/o Rondo" doesnt know this team. Its all about Rondo. hes the engine. he can play average and the Celts can win, but he cant play bad. if kg has a bad game, we can still win. same with Ray and Paul. Rondo cant. and i like how people are finally starting to realize that. Rondo is w/o question the most important player to this teams title chances. noone on that team is going to tell you differently.  in saying that, expect "playoff rondo" to come out, ONCE AGAIN, and remind everyone why he is ONE OF the best pg in this league.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Totally agree, Jamez, on all counts.  I know we'll see Playoff Rondo and am very much looking forward to it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

absolutely correct. whoever says "C's can win w/o Rondo" doesnt know this team. Its all about Rondo. hes the engine. he can play average and the Celts can win, but he cant play bad. if kg has a bad game, we can still win. same with Ray and Paul. Rondo cant. and i like how people are finally starting to realize that. Rondo is w/o question the most important player to this teams title chances. noone on that team is going to tell you differently.  in saying that, expect "playoff rondo" to come out, ONCE AGAIN, and remind everyone why he is ONE OF the best pg in this league.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Rondo is the engine........ can't shoot, avoids shooting, afraid to finish because he may have to go to the line, embarrasses himself every time he cocks his elbow, causes double teams on his best teammates, has his own play named after him  - hack a Rondo, his own strategy named after him - ignore him and he will embarrass himself shooting.......

engine?????  Yugo, 3 cylinders, 1 misfiring.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

If we depend on Rondo to win it all this year then we are done. Thanks guys, it was a pleasure. I can see game 7 of the finals happening again... in the second round of the playoffs...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : Rondo is the engine........ can't shoot, avoids shooting, afraid to finish because he may have to go to the line, embarrasses himself every time he cocks his elbow, causes double teams on his best teammates, has his own play named after him  - hack a Rondo, his own strategy named after him - ignore him and he will embarrass himself shooting....... engine?????  Yugo, 3 cylinders, 1 misfiring.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

How are you consistently wrong about everything? 

The facts: Shoots 48% from the field. 38% from the midrange (better than davis.)

Second highest rated defensive point guard by any advanced metric. 

A good rebounder.

Blessed with incredible vision. 

second in the league in steals. 

Second in the league in assists.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : How are you consistently wrong about everything?  The facts: Shoots 48% from the field. 38% from the midrange (better than davis.) Second highest rated defensive point guard by any advanced metric.  A good rebounder. Blessed with incredible vision.  second in the league in steals.  Second in the league in assists.
    Posted by jtkl

As I said.... avoids shooting, avoids finishing, avoids 3s, most shots are completely uncontested.... love the stats, stats can make you think what you think is true..... at the end of every quarter the other team heads to the locker room and Rondo clangs an uncontested jumper.....  he goes weeks at a time without taking or making a foul shot, John Wall takes about 6 per game, the other night Rose made 10 of 10 and Wall made 14 of 15... that means they are finishing and making teams pay - Rondo, not so much......

If you avoid shooting, avoid finishing, avoid 3s, etc. you had better lead the league in assists especially if you are handing the ball to all time leading 3 point shooter, one of the all time leading scorers in Cs history, and a great jump shooter in KG.....  if you avoid shooting and can't finish, and can't get the ball wet standing waist deep in the ocean then you'd better lead the league in assists by about 10 per game vs. the next best guy...... oh um, not even leading the league in assists - more assists than points per game and not even leading the league in assists - elite.... another depends just got changed....

Good defense?  Overrated - constantly destroyed by guys off the dribble, taking chances on steals and being embarrassed.

48% from the field - if I get within 2 feet of the rim and pass it out to someone 22 feet away, I get an assist and don't miss a layup but when I score most of my points within 2 feet of the rim, I should shoot more than 48% percent.....

38% from mid-range - ummmm completely uncontested, his open jumpers constitute a layup drill for guys that can actually shoot.....  If Delonte West was given, just simply given - in an uncontested manner, the shots that Rondo gets he would shoot 80% from the floor.

In another thread a while back I wrote the following and I am not sure it is even up for debate, it is a grade school analogy:

Rondo gets an A in math (assists) and does not even have the highest grade in the class

Rondo gets an A in Spelling (passing) and does not have the highest grade in the class

Rondo gets an A in Geography (steals) and barely has the highest grade in the class

Rondo gets an F in Social Studies (shooting free throws) and his peers get straight As

Rondo gets an F in Music (shooting 3s) and his peers get straight As - this is a class participation grade - if you simply participate you get a B

Rondo gets an F in Art (shooting open uncontested jumpers) and his peers get As and Bs - this is also a class participation grade - if you simply show up you get a B

Rondo gets an F in Science (finishing and getting to the line) and his peers actually view it as part of their job and get As and Bs.......

Add it all up and Rondo gets kept back......

Reality is a place where some live, some prefer not to live, and some cannot cope with..... I think you are the latter......

Let me guess - Rondo is perfect for this team, they can't without him (except for having a higher winning percentage without him than with him when you exclude the games KG also missed), he is the key... blah blah blah....  give me a dozen other point guards in the league and they are no worse off and in some cases much better off.....

Wrong about Rondo - never have been, never will be.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : As I said.... avoids shooting, avoids finishing, avoids 3s, most shots are completely uncontested.... love the stats, stats can make you think what you think is true..... at the end of every quarter the other team heads to the locker room and Rondo clangs an uncontested jumper.....  he goes weeks at a time without taking or making a foul shot, John Wall takes about 6 per game, the other night Rose made 10 of 10 and Wall made 14 of 15... that means they are finishing and making teams pay - Rondo, not so much...... If you avoid shooting, avoid finishing, avoid 3s, etc. you had better lead the league in assists especially if you are handing the ball to all time leading 3 point shooter, one of the all time leading scorers in Cs history, and a great jump shooter in KG.....  if you avoid shooting and can't finish, and can't get the ball wet standing waist deep in the ocean then you'd better lead the league in assists by about 10 per game vs. the next best guy...... oh um, not even leading the league in assists - more assists than points per game and not even leading the league in assists - elite.... another depends just got changed.... Good defense?  Overrated - constantly destroyed by guys off the dribble, taking chances on steals and being embarrassed. 48% from the field - if I get within 2 feet of the rim and pass it out to someone 22 feet away, I get an assist and don't miss a layup but when I score most of my points within 2 feet of the rim, I should shoot more than 48% percent..... 38% from mid-range - ummmm completely uncontested, his open jumpers constitute a layup drill for guys that can actually shoot.....  If Delonte West was given, just simply given - in an uncontested manner, the shots that Rondo gets he would shoot 80% from the floor. In another thread a while back I wrote the following and I am not sure it is even up for debate, it is a grade school analogy: Rondo gets an A in math (assists) and does not even have the highest grade in the class Rondo gets an A in Spelling (passing) and does not have the highest grade in the class Rondo gets an A in Geography (steals) and barely has the highest grade in the class Rondo gets an F in Social Studies (shooting free throws) and his peers get straight As Rondo gets an F in Music (shooting 3s) and his peers get straight As - this is a class participation grade - if you simply participate you get a B Rondo gets an F in Art (shooting open uncontested jumpers) and his peers get As and Bs - this is also a class participation grade - if you simply show up you get a B Rondo gets an F in Science (finishing and getting to the line) and his peers actually view it as part of their job and get As and Bs....... Add it all up and Rondo gets kept back...... Reality is a place where some live, some prefer not to live, and some cannot cope with..... I think you are the latter...... Let me guess - Rondo is perfect for this team, they can't without him (except for having a higher winning percentage without him than with him when you exclude the games KG also missed), he is the key... blah blah blah....  give me a dozen other point guards in the league and they are no worse off and in some cases much better off..... Wrong about Rondo - never have been, never will be.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Like I said shooots 48% from the field. Meaning (now pay attention to the basic math) 48 out of 100 times when he throws the ball towards the little hoop thingy it goes in. This pretty much defeats your entire post because the math doesn't lie. and your premise is he can't shoot. For not shooting he is making a lot of shots.

I will address your Delonte west contention, by noting Delonte West is not shooting as well as Rondo. he is shooting 45% from the field. meaning every hundrend times he throws the ball towards the hoop thingy it goes in 45 times. Thats less than the 48 times for when Rondo does the same thing.

Now you'll say all the stupid things like his jumpers are contested blah, blah, blah.  but the fact is Delonte West's jumpers are contested because he is not as fast as Rondo. Get up and contest Rondo's jumper and he zooms right by you. You'll also say things like Rondo is shooting more layups. Yes, because he beats his man off the dribble and shoots layups. If West could do this as often he wouldn't have to shoot so many jumpers.  

You see that is how the game works each players has certain attributes that hurt and help their game. Rondo's speed means he will be shooting a lot of uncontested jump shots even if he starts making them at a very high percentage. 

Finally The numbers don't lie. They quantify things.  They are how a person gets to reality. a place you haven't been in a long time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : . Like I said shooots 48% from the field. Meaning (now pay attention to the basic math) 48 out of 100 times when he throws the ball towards the little hoop thingy it goes in. This pretty much defeats your entire post because the math doesn't lie. and your premise is he can't shoot. For not shooting he is making a lot of shots. I will address your Delonte west post by noting Delonte West is not shooting as well as Rondo. he is shooting 45% from the filed. meaning meaning every hundrend times he throws the ball towards the hoop thingy it goes in. Thats less than the 48 times rondo does the same thing. The numbers don't lie. Those are facts.  You should use them. All you presented was your opinions.
    Posted by jtkl

There can be no more ridiculous argument than the one you make.  A stat should be taken in context relative to the other factors, for example all of the ones I offered up.

Suggesting that Rondo is a 48% shooter is preposterous, I cannot even think of something that is comparable and as laughable.

If all of your peers recognize shooting jumpers as part of their job and shoot only 45% but you avoid shooting and generally only shoot if you are within 2 feet of the rim and you are a deodorant commercial when shooting from more than 15 feet away then you are not a 48% shooter, regardless of what the stat says. 

Rondo is 18 feet away from the hoop and nobody within in 15 feet of him - he goes back to the huddle after clanging a routine 18 foot jumper and says to Doc I don't get it, Doc replies did you use your Mitchum today?  Rondo says oh I knew there was a reason nobody was anywhere near me.......

after the finals last year....  Doc said Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs

after being excused from the USA team... coach K said we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot

one national announcer to another and the other's response.....  wow if Rondo could ever start making that jumper blah blah blah.... response - well there is a reason he is that wide open......

continuing to ignore the obvious really helps people support their perspective.... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : There can be no more ridiculous argument than the one you make.  A stat should be taken in context relative to the other factors, for example all of the ones I offered up. Suggesting that Rondo is a 48% shooter is preposterous, I cannot even think of something that is comparable and as laughable. If all of your peers recognize shooting jumpers as part of their job and shoot only 45% but you avoid shooting and generally only shoot if you are within 2 feet of the rim and you are a deodorant commercial when shooting from more than 15 feet away then you are not a 48% shooter, regardless of what the stat says.  Rondo is 18 feet away from the hoop and nobody within in 15 feet of him - he goes back to the huddle after clanging a routine 18 foot jumper and says to Doc I don't get it, Doc replies did you use your Mitchum today?  Rondo says oh I knew there was a reason nobody was anywhere near me....... after the finals last year....  Doc said Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs after being excused from the USA team... coach K said we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot one national announcer to another and the other's response.....  wow if Rondo could ever start making that jumper blah blah blah.... response - well there is a reason he is that wide open...... continuing to ignore the obvious really helps people support their perspective.... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You never offered a factor that negates or explains a way the numerical facts. 48  out of 100 times, when Rondo shoots the ball it goes in.

That's a 48% shooter. It's not preposterous, it's math.  He also averages about 12 points a game. Meaning he is taking more than enough shots. Now it is idiotic to argue that his shots are only going in because they are close, because who cares? 

they are close due to his speed and ability to beat his man off the dribble. Something someone like Say, Mike Bibby (who has a terrifc jumper can't do.)  Rondo is such a gifted point guard he often gets to take easy shots.

To continue with the mike bibby anology, the only time he gets to shoot is wide open jumpers, when his man leaves him, because he can't beat his man off the dribble. because Rondo can beat his man off the dribble he shoots layups and therefore a higher shooting percentage.

Also, as I pointed out Rondo shoots 38% from the midrange. That's a decent percentage and better than baby. Rondo shoots from the midrange 3.5 times a game compared to baby who shoots his 4.5 times a game.

And It's just a stupid argument to say, "well his jumper isn't contested." because if people did contest his jumper he'd zoom right by them.

Continuing to ignore math makes people look dumb.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Suggesting that Rondo is a 48% shooter is preposterous, I cannot even think of something that is comparable and as laughable.
    ----------------

I wanted to deal with this part separately because the argument is so egregiously bad.

Basic logic here. What is a 48% shooter? It is someone who 48 times out of a 100 makes his shot.

Meaning for Rondo to be listed stastically as a 48% shooter, he is making 48 out of 100 shots. HE IS A 48% SHOOTER! that is a fact and cannot be disputed.

The best you can do is argue there are extenuating circumstances that make him a 48% shooter. you cannot argue he is not a 48% shooter. HE IS!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

I'd like to know what's all up in Rondo's head that has made him play so poorly since the Perk trade.

Is he sending a message?  If so to whom?  Does he realize that his antics have negatively affected the entire team and it's chemistry? 

Does he care?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : There can be no more ridiculous argument than the one you make.  A stat should be taken in context relative to the other factors, for example all of the ones I offered up. Suggesting that Rondo is a 48% shooter is preposterous, I cannot even think of something that is comparable and as laughable. If all of your peers recognize shooting jumpers as part of their job and shoot only 45% but you avoid shooting and generally only shoot if you are within 2 feet of the rim and you are a deodorant commercial when shooting from more than 15 feet away then you are not a 48% shooter, regardless of what the stat says.  Rondo is 18 feet away from the hoop and nobody within in 15 feet of him - he goes back to the huddle after clanging a routine 18 foot jumper and says to Doc I don't get it, Doc replies did you use your Mitchum today?  Rondo says oh I knew there was a reason nobody was anywhere near me....... after the finals last year....  Doc said Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs after being excused from the USA team... coach K said we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot one national announcer to another and the other's response.....  wow if Rondo could ever start making that jumper blah blah blah.... response - well there is a reason he is that wide open...... continuing to ignore the obvious really helps people support their perspective.... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER

ROFLMAO!!!  I laughed for about 3 minutes reading this... almost passed out!!

I cant even finish this post Im still laughing so hard..

OMG priceless!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I have a feeling Rondo is going to be more willing to sacrifice his body in the playoffs and really take it the rack. I used to think rondo took so much punishment hed be on his butt all game getting knocked down on drives etc. Now it seems hes never on the floor, hes got to get back to that or we are done. 
    Also, if anyone thinks rondo is more important than kg, yall dont know ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : ROFLMAO!!!  I laughed for about 3 minutes reading this... almost passed out!! I cant even finish this post Im still laughing so hard.. OMG priceless!!!
    Posted by Karllost

Priceless and ummmmm true.....

Think about so many games..... and watch what actually happens.....

I watch every second of every game....

What I see is nobody near Rondo and him earning the nickname Clang but I watch regular normal point guards from every team thinking that it is actually part of their job description to take and make jumpers........

I see Rose roll off a pick and nail a 3 without any hesitation and I see Rondo sniffing his armpit wondering why there is no white stripe in the pit and then clanging an uncontested 15 footer.......  I think I saw it in the same sequence last week.

That there is any debate still whether Rose is better than Rondo is simply laughable...... let's see... there are any number of guys in the league that do everything Rondo does and any number of guys in the league that Rondo can't do but somehow Rondo is still considered an elite point guard......

Rondo can't finish, can't shoot, can't make free throws, can't make 3s, has barely improved his shooting in 5 years, and somehow we are supposed to believe that passing the ball to 3 or 4 hall of famers while avoiding shooting, finishing, and making 3s makes up for being second in the league in assists compared to a point guard that shoots a higher percentage and scores more points.........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: It's All on Rondo and Has Been. : Priceless and ummmmm true..... Think about so many games..... and watch what actually happens..... I watch every second of every game.... What I see is nobody near Rondo and him earning the nickname Clang but I watch regular normal point guards from every team thinking that it is actually part of their job description to take and make jumpers........ I see Rose roll off a pick and nail a 3 without any hesitation and I see Rondo sniffing his armpit wondering why there is no white stripe in the pit and then clanging an uncontested 15 footer.......  I think I saw it in the same sequence last week. That there is any debate still whether Rose is better than Rondo is simply laughable...... let's see... there are any number of guys in the league that do everything Rondo does and any number of guys in the league that Rondo can't do but somehow Rondo is still considered an elite point guard...... Rondo can't finish, can't shoot, can't make free throws, can't make 3s, has barely improved his shooting in 5 years, and somehow we are supposed to believe that passing the ball to 3 or 4 hall of famers while avoiding shooting, finishing, and making 3s makes up for being second in the league in assists compared to a point guard that shoots a higher percentage and scores more points.........
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I see the basic math refresher didn't help you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

this is the second time i've seen dudder use BO to make a point about rondo's stinky game. this time the culprit was rondo. last time the culprit was dudder's brother in law. isn't it great?

Sections
Shortcuts