It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray

Minutes that is.  Boy we are smartening up by the nano second on this!  Dare we assume or guess that DeLOONte may not be sane, even on the roster, or un-injured later this year and just TRY OUT a nate/ marquis 1/2 tandem for some more extended minutes than this?

am i just suffering from the crazies or should we be doing ANYTHING right now other than dropping 40 minutes on Ray's head, especially when he's doing NADA for us offensively?  Let's just slide Wafer in there and let him do NADA instead!  Do something people.  This is just stupid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray

Relax. It's just the first week of the season. 

I think we should wait until Delonte comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I don't know what you've been watching? From what I've seen, Ray Allen has been playing well.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

You have to take the good with the bad with Delonte. Besides, he's a vet's minimum player that doesn't have a guaranteed contract. The Celtics can always release him any time they want.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

no, i don't have to take the bad with the good with delonte.  i don't believe in him any more.  he played with a reckless maniacal technique when he was last with us that was unnecessary and always resulted in injuries.  he hasn't changed since and has only added more craziness. 

make no mistake, the celts dumped this guy to begin with because his mental problems were known then.

waiting on delonte is waiting for fools' gold.  ray doesn't deserve to get the crap run out of him for 10 games.  furthermore we need to figure out WHAT wafer can do given some minutes in case delonte fades away, freaks out, flakes out, gets cut or gets injured some more.  all of those are possiblities iwth delonte.  he's a quintuple threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray:
    I don't know what you've been watching? From what I've seen, Ray Allen has been playing well.
    Posted by mem17

ray was fantastic the first game and has been shooting about 30% or less the last two.  he has been MIA from 3, his main skill.

and i can't blame him, i just want us to stop running him ragged NOW

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

From what I've seen, Ray Allen has been playing well.
    Posted by mem17

ray's been doing the best he can @ 37 mins a game the last 2 games- and that's 1-10 from trey land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray : ray was fantastic the first game and has been shooting about 30% or less the last two.  he has been MIA from 3, his main skill. and i can't blame him, i just want us to stop running him ragged NOW
    Posted by aciemvp

7 more games to go. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray : 7 more games to go. 
    Posted by P34

you know what fierce, his minutes won't even come down much after that.  they'll throw nate into the trash can instead.  just watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray and Paul will have more and more off nights this season. The bench has to make up for it or we are in trouble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Ray is super fit, but playing 40 mins on October, no matter how well he is playing, is silly.

Seems a lot is based on Delonte playing well (gulp)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

33:43 minutes for Ray. Too many minutes again?

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

33:43 minutes for Ray. Too many minutes again? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

I dont think you should laugh,because 32 minutes is what i think he can play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray : I dont think you should laugh,because 32 minutes is what i think he can play.
    Posted by RondoIsHustle

Still not good enough, huh?

It must be 32 minutes, no more no less, right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yes, 33 3/4 minutes is too much for ray.  he should average 28.5 at the most, and it'd be all the better if we could play him less than that.  i hate to say the same thing over and over again, but on a night like tonight, if rondo can just score an extra 7 or 8 points and get 16 or 17 then this game is a garbage time blowout several minutes earlier and you park ray under 30 mins, deloonte or not. 

after all, he is still on a torrid shooting streak from three- 3 for 17 since opening night.  and why is it so hard for rondo to net a dozen and a half against the bigger slower stuckey? 

call me crazy, but the team needs rajon to haul his load as an equal scorer now and from here on out.  take the load off the vets young man with the all world skills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Coach Acie

too many minutes, too few shots, not enough chutzpuh, assists mean nothing, shooting percentages mean nothing unless you're Glen Davis, Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge never played a guard position in the NBA and therefore cannot judge talent, John Stockton was a scrub, Pierce and Garnett deserve better, point guards aren't important anyway, it's only the fourth game, he doesn't deserve the contract, now, NOW Ray Ray isn't a good enough athelete to hold up

Acie:  How about Rajon Rondo straight up for Charlie Vilanueva?  Moron.  Go watch hockey games.  You couldn't hold Ray Allen's jock.  I mean you are just a bad fan.  Go haunt another team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I do agree with you that Ray should be playing fewer minutes at his age. I've posted this several times in the past. However without Delonte West right now, Ray has been playing more minutes. Ray's minutes will probably gradually decrease once Delonte returns from his suspension.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ray Allen is a very important part of the Celtic offense. There's no way he will average less than 30 minutes per game. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

45 minutes tonight for RayRay. This is an insane amount of PT.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

45 minutes tonight for RayRay. This is an insane amount of PT. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

this was just a bad game.  to my senses anyway.  the first quarter was a wasted opportunity.  the spacing and/or rondo was rotten the whole first quarter.  if i watched another drive and HEAVE skip blooper pass in the first quarter i would have puked.  so instead of being up 17 like we should have been, we're up 9. 

that sets the table for the eboldened bucks (after their 1st quarter it could only get better) comeback in qtr 2 and a neck and neck game the rest of the way.  i don't think this was all on rondo.  everything was off in teh first quarter and the bench was crap throughout other than davis.  again.    but that's the cost of leaving the door open.  if we take care of business, the bucks are done @ the end of the first and ray gets to rest, same thing with pierce and kg.  the old 3 keep their mnutes down.

but poor ray.  45 clicks.  kg didn't exactly have stiff competition tonight to make hay against and he stunked.  when they play, our new bigs do well but the bench has been dreadful.  where did the aggresive marquis of the pre season go????!@!@#$#$%#%$^%^%  nate?  6 minutes?  really?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

oh goodie, found the ignore button

It was right in front of me the whole time.  Acie, you have absolutely nothing to contribute.  I think you might need some medication.  You are hyper-critical.  Why are you watching these games?  Go watch hockey.

and NOW goodbye

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: It's another fall day, another 40 for Ray : this was just a bad game.  to my senses anyway.  the first quarter was a wasted opportunity.  the spacing and/or rondo was rotten the whole first quarter.  if i watched another drive and HEAVE skip blooper pass in the first quarter i would have puked.  so instead of being up 17 like we should have been, we're up 9.  that sets the table for the eboldened bucks (after their 1st quarter it could only get better) comeback in qtr 2 and a neck and neck game the rest of the way.  i don't think this was all on rondo.  everything was off in teh first quarter and the bench was crap throughout other than davis.  again.    but that's the cost of leaving the door open.  if we take care of business, the bucks are done @ the end of the first and ray gets to rest, same thing with pierce and kg.  the old 3 keep their mnutes down. but poor ray.  45 clicks.  kg didn't exactly have stiff competition tonight to make hay against and he stunked.  when they play, our new bigs do well but the bench has been dreadful.  where did the aggresive marquis of the pre season go????!@!@#$#$%#%$^%^%  nate?  6 minutes?  really?
    Posted by aciemvp

After the Bucks mounted their comeback in the 2nd qtr, I turned the game (and motor mouth Hubie Brown) off. Too ugly to watch. Rondo was playing poorly, the team completely out of sorts  and I didn't have the stomach for another grind it out game against another inferior opponent.

I tuned back in at the end for the high drama back/forth and fully expected to see another Celtic fiasco (which it was) but CPP's FT shooting saved us in OT.

Saw the last second heave by Rondo during regulation and wondered for a split second if he would finally after 400+ games win a game with a shot... but it was not to be. He did draw iron.

Utterly depressing game.

Hubie Brown talked way too much singing Rondo's praises (I wonder who writes his script) while Rondo played poorly. Had to mute the audio.

Game already erased from DVD. UGH!

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Ray's minutes will go down when Delonte West comes off the suspension list.

And I do not think that Hubie Brown has someone telling him what to say.

Sections
Shortcuts