it's clear we're not going far as currently configured...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

it's clear we're not going far as currently configured...

i've been reading all the trade posts. the way i see it, these guys are untouchable if i'm DA: rondo, green, bradley, sully. these guys are trade bait: KG, PP, bass, terry. we're not going to win it as long as miami has its big 3, so we might as well plan for the future. get younger and more athletic...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: it's clear we're not going far as currently configured...

"we're not going to win it as long as miami has its big 3, so we might as well plan for the future. get younger and more athletic..."

You said it! I agree! I said over and over...get rid of prima-donna & overrated 'cause this team ain't going anywhere. KG & Pierce has to go next year - you might as well stock a big one by using some available fish chums for big shark.

Watch Fierce will come like a smoke sardines, will tell everyone "I told you we are rebuilding", although he said over and over...we are not rebuilding.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When did I say that we are not rebuilding?

You have proof?

[/QUOTE]

doc rivers was still on the bench last night, orchestrating another crummy effort- there's your evidence. 

doc is a self professed "i'm not a young player coach", so we're just wasting time.  also, he's an incredibly dimwitted and dense coach- something you don't need around for a rebuilding process

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have proof?

[/QUOTE]

doc rivers was still on the bench last night, orchestrating another crummy effort- there's your evidence. 

doc is a self professed "i'm not a young player coach", so we're just wasting time.  also, he's an incredibly dimwitted and dense coach- something you don't need around for a rebuilding process

[/QUOTE]

Doc is caught between the past and the future.  Nobody could succeed with this team as currently constructed.  We need to make some changes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have proof?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doc is caught between the past and the future.  Nobody could succeed with this team as currently constructed.  We need to make some changes.

[/QUOTE] I agree and we may as well start with Danny and Doc!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i've been reading all the trade posts. the way i see it, these guys are untouchable if i'm DA: rondo, green, bradley, sully. these guys are trade bait: KG, PP, bass, terry. we're not going to win it as long as miami has its big 3, so we might as well plan for the future. get younger and more athletic...

[/QUOTE]

This is my preferred route.  Tear it down and rebuild.  Although, I would include Rondo and Green as trade bait since I do not believe the Celtics are going anywhere fast and by the time they are relevant again Rondo will be on the wrong side of 30 and Jeff Green is just plain old soft.  Here's what I would do:

KG to Minnesota for Kirilenko and Derrick Williams.

Rondo and Derrick Williams to Detroit for Brandon Knight, Andre Drummond, and Tayshaun Prince to balance out money.

So, this sets us up with a point guard and center of the future - Knight and Drummond.  Sully at power forward and AB at 2 guard.  Kirilenko's production mirrors Garnett's at this point and he has 1 less year on his contract.  Ship Pierce to LA for Gasol.  I'm already more excited to watch that team than the one we have.  As a fan, I will always choose to watch young players developing over old players declining.