its going SEVEN, as HEAT = TEBOW and SPURS = BRADY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: its going SEVEN, as HEAT = TEBOW and SPURS = BRADY?

You sound surprised dude. 

Can you tell us again how the Heat have the Spurs right where they want them? 

If Heat = Tebow they are going to get swept the rest of the way, Tebow has only won one post season game. You better hope the Heat are Brady. 

As for this, 

" not buying that game 3 winner hype."

Just a small but important correction - it's not hype, it's fact. As in statistical fact. Hype is generally when there is no substance underneath it. The stat is: since the 2-3-2 format started, 90 percent of the teams that win game 3 win the series. 

A pretty strong stat. Doesn't mean the series is over though - especially given that Tony Parker is having a hamstring MRI today. 

Bottom line - whoever heads back to Miami with the series lead is going to win the series...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

You sound surprised dude. 

Can you tell us again how the Heat have the Spurs right where they want them? 

If Heat = Tebow they are going to get swept the rest of the way, Tebow has only won one post season game. You better hope the Heat are Brady. 

As for this, 

" not buying that game 3 winner hype."

Just a small but important correction - it's not hype, it's fact. As in statistical fact. Hype is generally when there is no substance underneath it. The stat is: since the 2-3-2 format started, 90 percent of the teams that win game 3 win the series. 

A pretty strong stat. Doesn't mean the series is over though - especially given that Tony Parker is having a hamstring MRI today. 

Bottom line - whoever heads back to Miami with the series lead is going to win the series...

Thats an amazing stat... since game 3 is played at the lower seeds home court, it almost stands to reason the lower seed would usually win that game although I dont know if thats a fact.

If it was fact, it would mean the lower seed wins 90% of the championships... that just cant be,can it??  Anyway of checking which seed wins game 3?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If Tebow = Heat and Brady = Spurs, it'll be a five-game series and another championship for San Antonio.  What an analogy.  In truth, it might go six still in favor of the Spurs after last night's blowout.

Blow, blew, blown, BTW.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to painter's comment:

If Tebow = Heat and Brady = Spurs, it'll be a five-game series and another championship for San Antonio.  What an analogy.  In truth, it might go six still in favor of the Spurs after last night's blowout.

Blow, blew, blown, BTW.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

I hope that you are right.  I would be very happy to see San Antonio win the championship in 5 games.  Although, I don't think it will happen.  I still expect the series to be at least 6 or even 7 games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"f it was fact, it would mean the lower seed wins 90% of the championships... that just cant be,can it??  Anyway of checking which seed wins game 3? "

Karl - keep in mind that the stat only applies to the 2-3-2 format which is ONLY used in the NBA Finals, where you could argue there really isn't seeding since it's the conference champions playing each other. 

So the stat is: since the 2-3-2 format was initiated in 1985, the team that wins game 3 wins the series 90 percent. The stat holds up because it only applies to the finals. Otherwise you are correct, lower seedings would mess up the stat. 

I'm not a fan of the 2-3-2 format as I think it asks too much of the team that is trailing in the series to win the final 2 games if they are on the road. 

2-2-1-1-1 is a much better format. 

The NBA went to 2-3-2 for the Finals not so much for the players travel, which is commonly assumed, but more for the growing media attention. Dealing with international media which tends to show up more for the finals, it was deemed to be easier on the media and player travelling circus to move locations less. You see this for example with media outlets that set up a stage at the various locations. Each timing moving that from city to city is  a big production. 

But you could argue it does hurt the integrity of the product. It makes these next games huge for the Spurs though as they cannot go back to Miami down 3-2. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"f it was fact, it would mean the lower seed wins 90% of the championships... that just cant be,can it??  Anyway of checking which seed wins game 3? "

Karl - keep in mind that the stat only applies to the 2-3-2 format which is ONLY used in the NBA Finals, where you could argue there really isn't seeding since it's the conference champions playing each other. 

So the stat is: since the 2-3-2 format was initiated in 1985, the team that wins game 3 wins the series 90 percent. The stat holds up because it only applies to the finals. Otherwise you are correct, lower seedings would mess up the stat. 

I'm not a fan of the 2-3-2 format as I think it asks too much of the team that is trailing in the series to win the final 2 games if they are on the road. 

2-2-1-1-1 is a much better format. 

The NBA went to 2-3-2 for the Finals not so much for the players travel, which is commonly assumed, but more for the growing media attention. Dealing with international media which tends to show up more for the finals, it was deemed to be easier on the media and player travelling circus to move locations less. You see this for example with media outlets that set up a stage at the various locations. Each timing moving that from city to city is  a big production. 

But you could argue it does hurt the integrity of the product. It makes these next games huge for the Spurs though as they cannot go back to Miami down 3-2. 

The point about the format has bothered me since they changed in the Bird-Magic days.  It absolutely goes to the integrity of the game and has skewed the result more than once.  I have always wondered why there has not been a stronger call for the format to be changed back.  Stern is all about business and the integrity of the sport has always come second.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Commie is such a tool

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts