It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge

The Celtics simply do not have the kind of players that teams are looking for. To get something good, you have to give up something good. What you sow is what you reap. We cannot trade injured players and looking to have a decent bench player in return.

Everyone wants a decent back-up for Paul Pierce, someone who can play good defense and also good offense. But it's difficult to get such players without giving up a decent player like BBD. No team wants JON or MD or any of our rookies, or even our late draft pick, let's be real.

The reason why we will not get Shane Battier is because Houston is looking for a Center or a Power Forward. They are not looking for a Point Guard or undersized shooting guard like Nate. Rick Adelman confirmed it in today's Houston Chronicle that they need size. So, the only person they might need is BBD, and we don't want to give up BBD.

It's really going to be difficult to get the kind of Small Forward we need since we don't have players that teams need.

Again, to get something good, you have to give-up something good.

If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

Re: It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge

In Response to It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics simply do not have the kind of players that teams are looking for. To get something good, you have to give up something good. What you sow is what you reap. We cannot trade injured players and looking to have a decent bench player in return. Everyone wants a decent back-up for Paul Pierce, someone who can play good defense and also good offense. But it's difficult to get such players without giving up a decent player like BBD. No team wants JON or MD or any of our rookies, or even our late draft pick, let's be real. The reason why we will not get Shane Battier is because Houston is looking for a Center or a Power Forward. They are not looking for a Point Guard or undersized shooting guard like Nate. Rick Adelman confirmed it in today's Houston Chronicle that they need size. So, the only person they might need is BBD, and we don't want to give up BBD. It's really going to be difficult to get the kind of Small Forward we need since we don't have players that teams need. Again, to get something good, you have to give-up something good. If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]
    I would agree that in order to get something you need to give something.  Sowhat do you think about a Perkins,Wafer ,Harangody and a pick for Ryan Gomes and Deandre Jordan.  I do not believe Perk is going to resign, if he was going to I think he would have taken the offer the celts made ( which I believe was ridiculous).  The celts were playing well this year without him and I believe are just saving Shaq. Also think that Jordan has more upside as Perk has topped out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Agreed.  Unless there's some off the wall 3 way trade that nobody's caught a glimpse of here, we're going to be trading for duct tape instead of a new part.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Eddie,
    You are right on the money. I just heard Marc Spears say that the Celtics will probably be better off getting someone off the waiver wire like Rip Hamilton.

Battier would have been perfect but BBD is too high a price to pay.

I think dealing Perkins is out considering that the O'Neals  are both injured and out indefinitely.  Perk is needed. Semih in a package with Nate might be worth thinking about though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I've said all along that any move Danny makes will be a stop gap measure.

He may still get a player that can help us, a la, P.J Brown, but I don't know why some fans think a major trade is necessary to get us to the finals.

We gambled on health from the very start and it's been rockier than expected, but now Delonte is coming back, Semi is coming back, and eventually Shaq will be back.  Maybe JO will be back some day in time for the playoffs.

Quis is still a big question-mark, so I suspect that Danny will acquire a back up for Paul that will get us through the uncertainty about Quis.  In the meantime, Von Wafer established himself as a reliable backup short term with a lot of upside.

But to suggest trading any starters or front line back-ups at this point is crazy, like Perk for instance, and is likely out of the question.

The C's will be moving forward with basically the same team we began the season with, and it's still a roll of the dice.

Barring any season ending injuries, I still like our chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I will stop posting on this board if Perk or BBD gets traded. 

Only an idiot would trade Perk or BBD in the middle of a championship run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

@ OldPatPatriot, if we are willing to pat with Perkins, I say let's go after Shane Battier because Houston needs a Center, and Houston is Perkins home town.

@ Breaktime, I think a three-way trade is what could help Celtics at this time.

@ Concord27, I agree with you that BBD is too high of a price to pay, but how can you get a decent player without paying a price?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge:
    [QUOTE]I will stop posting on this board if Perk or BBD gets traded.  Only an idiot would trade Perk or BBD in the middle of a championship run.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, I am with you. Boston should not trade either of them. I was even against any trade, period, until Quis went down.

But having said that, the only way we can get a decent back-up for Paul Pierce is to give-up a decent player in return. Teams are not stupid. They will not give us a decent player for Nate or our injured players or our rookies. It's just the truth. They will not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I will stop posting on this board if Perk or BBD gets traded.  Only an idiot would trade Perk or BBD in the middle of a championship run.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I would agree about BBD, but Perkins is no offense, stone hands, non-rebounding big man whose only attribute is he plays good defense on Howard.  So if Perk can be used to get a above average SF than it has to be done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge : I would agree about BBD, but Perkins is no offense, stone hands, non-rebounding big man whose only attribute is he plays good defense on Howard.  So if Perk can be used to get a above average SF than it has to be done.
    Posted by OldPatPatriot[/QUOTE]
    There's just no way Perk will be traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I cant see letting Perk go.  Not that I think hes indespensible, just that all our bigs are injured.  Unless its a multiplayer deal that gets us a 3 and 5.

RIP may be a good pickup...not sure how well he can play anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree that trading either one of these players would be a mistake.  Although, I have said many times that the Celtics really need a small forward to backup Paul Pierce.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge : I would agree about BBD, but Perkins is no offense, stone hands, non-rebounding big man whose only attribute is he plays good defense on Howard.  So if Perk can be used to get a above average SF than it has to be done.
    Posted by OldPatPatriot[/QUOTE]
    Pick another pasttime. Perkins has been integral to the Celtics success.He`s the second best defensive center inthe league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Going To Be Tough For Danny Ainge : P34, I am with you. Boston should not trade either of them. I was even against any trade, period, until Quis went down. But having said that, the only way we can get a decent back-up for Paul Pierce is to give-up a decent player in return. Teams are not stupid. They will not give us a decent player for Nate or our injured players or our rookies. It's just the truth. They will not. If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.

Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

-

Let's see how the C's fare now that the much maligned Perk is out for the rest of the road trip.

What I don't understand is how so-called serious, self-proclaimed, knowledgeable fans can be advocating for trading Perk or Baby.  

From what alternative universe are you people receiving your deep, institutional wisdom?

Sections
Shortcuts