Its juvenile to blame the trade for current Cs performance....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Its juvenile to blame the trade for current Cs performance....

Perkins played in only two games with OKC before being re-injured. Robinson didnt play at all. Kristic has been vital to the Celts, Green has played well but underused, SO I ASK, WHAT DID WE LOSE? Ainge salvaged the season, in my view, IMAGINE how awful Celts may have played w/o Shaq, Kristic Green AND Perkins, Robinson. Ainge got good talent, live uninjured guys for injured ones. How about Celtics fans give Danny a break? Without the trade we might have lost ALL THE GAMES. This team won 50 games without Kendrick, and we can win it all without him, easily. I am tired of hearing all this negativity about the trade and the best GM in the NBA on this board. It obviously doesnt contribute a winning attitude for the coach or the team. PLEASE CUT THE CRAP and STOP posting here if youre a kobe monger! BEAT LA TODAY!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Its juvenile to blame the trade for current Cs performance....

Great post, Dewey.  I think a lot of people are looking at what we lost without seeing where the road would have gone if we'd done nothing.  Believe me, for emotional reasons, I wanted Danny to stand pat with the existing roster.  But the injuries were mounting and our list of available subs was getting smaller with each game.  We were still winning but only halfway through the season.  If we had done nothing, we would probably have a plethora of D-Leaguers on our roster.  Remember, Perk was injured at the time, Nate is most likely out for the season post-surgery, Semih has barely played if at all due to that shoulder and various other ailments...and sadly, Daniels will be grateful if he plays again.  Add Wafer's injury and you could have a whole UNIT of D-Leaguers.  And the whole board would be complaining about Danny - in this case, understandably so.  I keep saying we had no good options once those injuries started piling up.  But there is still time to salvage a happy ending!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Its juvenile to blame the trade for current Cs performance....:
    [QUOTE]Great post, Dewey.  I think a lot of people are looking at what we lost without seeing where the road would have gone if we'd done nothing.  Believe me, for emotional reasons, I wanted Danny to stand pat with the existing roster.  But the injuries were mounting and our list of available subs was getting smaller with each game.  We were still winning but only halfway through the season.  If we had done nothing, we would probably have a plethora of D-Leaguers on our roster.  Remember, Perk was injured at the time, Nate is most likely out for the season post-surgery, Semih has barely played if at all due to that shoulder and various other ailments...and sadly, Daniels will be grateful if he plays again.  Add Wafer's injury and you could have a whole UNIT of D-Leaguers.  And the whole board would be complaining about Danny - in this case, understandably so.  I keep saying we had no good options once those injuries started piling up.  But there is still time to salvage a happy ending!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Astute observations, we still have a very good team, could be the best, just have to string the wins together to take the title. The team of D Leaguers out in first round, Im grateful for what we have. Its upo to the pros now...

Thanks for your feedback,  GO CELTICS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I disagree.  The main trouble I have had with this trade is it felt a lot like "changing horses in the middle of the stream."  Something that's usually not thought of as common sense.
    Bringing in all these new guys doesn't mean much if they don't adapt to the system.  Perk already knew the system inside and out.
    Another point.  Other teams (notably the lakers, magic, and heat) were all glad this trade was made.  Why?  Our interior defense and ability to rebound (such as it is) got weaker.
    As I've posted several times already, I believe the juries still out on this trade.  Somewhere in the playoffs, we'll all know whether Danny gets a thumbs up or thumbs down on it.
    But you can make valid points as to why this trade may not have been in the teams best interest this year. 
    Noting juvenile about that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

defensively I agree, but for a center Perk has never been a great rebounder.  Remember that even before game 7 last year, Perk was not rebounding with Bynum and Gasol...now maybe thats not fair as he is 6'10, and not 7 ft, but my point is Kristic is a better rebounder...so only thing missing is the big fella altering shots....

I dont see why people think its so hard.  Its easy to say we messed up the team, but like MsLithium pointed out...if you stand pat, what do you have?

A team that is not gonna go deep in the playoffs but still a lovable bunch of guys getting along....im sorry, this is a bizness, and people need to get over Perk.. Its just a lame excuse right now....if Shaq was never hurt, you wouldnt have heard a peep about Perk...so please....like R.R. said in another post....guys were calling him stone hands, and complaining how his offense regressed last year and he never goes up quick, always gathers first and now he is the missing peice to all of our success???  what did i miss...THE GUY WAS NOT A CORE PART OF THIS YEARS TEAM , EVER...HE HAS PLAYED IN LESS GAMES THAN JERMAINE O'NEAL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Shizzle
    Agree with you about the offense and you forgot to mention the dreaded moving screens.
    Still, count me in with those who feel if he had been in game 7, we'd be talking past tense about #18 now.
    Come the playoffs, the Perktrade will run its course.  One way or the other, should be interesting reading.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Perk had his moments but I still think the trade will pan out for the C's. My humble opinion on this ugly streak, second chance points and poor rebounding the main culprits. Also, I've seen Boston put together really good quarters in loses, but those were not good enough to offset the bad ones. I believe they will break out of this funk and start to play complete games. I still am curious why alot of people worry about other teams. The only concern right now should be how the C's take care of themselves. If they handle themselves, it won't matter who they play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We play to win the games. With J/O Shaq and some rest for the starters we will be a force to be reckoned with. Anyone that doubts the Celtics will show up to play will do so at thier own perill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Name one team that will want to play the Celtics?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Its juvenile to blame the trade for current Cs performance....:
    [QUOTE]I disagree.  The main trouble I have had with this trade is it felt a lot like "changing horses in the middle of the stream."  Something that's usually not thought of as common sense. Bringing in all these new guys doesn't mean much if they don't adapt to the system.  Perk already knew the system inside and out. Another point.  Other teams (notably the lakers, magic, and heat) were all glad this trade was made.  Why?  Our interior defense and ability to rebound (such as it is) got weaker. As I've posted several times already, I believe the juries still out on this trade.  Somewhere in the playoffs, we'll all know whether Danny gets a thumbs up or thumbs down on it. But you can make valid points as to why this trade may not have been in the teams best interest this year.  Noting juvenile about that.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

OK, youre right, opinion is expected, BUT the failure to acknowledge that Perk AND Robinson were broken PRIOR to the trade- that, my friend IS JUVENILE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Just read that J ONeal is going to return in the next couple of days!

GO CELTICS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

J/O will play tomorow

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]J/O will play tomorow
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

hopefully with limited pain

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]defensively I agree, but for a center Perk has never been a great rebounder.  Remember that even before game 7 last year, Perk was not rebounding with Bynum and Gasol...now maybe thats not fair as he is 6'10, and not 7 ft, but my point is Kristic is a better rebounder...so only thing missing is the big fella altering shots.... I dont see why people think its so hard.  Its easy to say we messed up the team, but like MsLithium pointed out...if you stand pat, what do you have? A team that is not gonna go deep in the playoffs but still a lovable bunch of guys getting along....im sorry, this is a bizness, and people need to get over Perk.. Its just a lame excuse right now....if Shaq was never hurt, you wouldnt have heard a peep about Perk...so please....like R.R. said in another post....guys were calling him stone hands, and complaining how his offense regressed last year and he never goes up quick, always gathers first and now he is the missing peice to all of our success???  what did i miss...THE GUY WAS NOT A CORE PART OF THIS YEARS TEAM , EVER...HE HAS PLAYED IN LESS GAMES THAN JERMAINE O'NEAL
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

COuldn't have said it better.

Perk has been elevated to Russell status... when in fact he had a role defensively that he played reasonably well but the rest of his game was a handicap to the team.

WHo can honestly say for most of the time Shaq played that we missed Perk? No way. Shaq was Perk cubed!  Now we need the big fella back.. that was the gamble DA took for this season.

Also the C's were a top defensive team all season long without Perk.. how can you explain that?

Maybe even JON can return to give us that extra big we need...but please, get off of Perks johnson... he wasnt nearly as good as some are making him out to be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I still like this trade for the same reasons that have already been stated....but the way I look at it is this....

in about 6 months a new season begins....would you rather have Green, Krstic and no Perk?....or no Green, no Krstic, and no Perk...? ...because we were not going to end up being the highest bidder for Perk....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Yeh rah rah go team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]Name one team that will want to play the Celtics?
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Right now, EVERYBODY in the NBA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

With so much support from the Globe Celtics board it's absolutely shocking how Boston can lose any game, let alone 22! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

The current C's performance is related to tired players. The players are tired in more ways than one. Yes, its easy to see they are physically tired, but they are also just plain tired of it. What's it? It is the monotony of a too long NBA season that includes too many back to back games and too little time to rest between games. 

Sometimes the body just shuts down no matter what the mind tells it to do. In the C's case I am seeing a lot players wanting to dive for balls, get back on defense a little quicker, or jump a little higher but the adrenaline isn't there. It will be come playoff time, it will be. 

Keep in mind, last year we went 3 and 7 over the last ten games but the playoffs we were recharged. Look for the same to happen. 

We are a veteran team, the juice will return.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

they are not tired this is the team we have there defense lead to their offense  the off problems are a direct relationship to the defense which is not as good since the trade

Sections
Shortcuts