Its no wonder the Big 3 need rest...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its no wonder the Big 3 need rest...

I cant think of any other team that has 3 hall all stars all over the age of 33 that are expected to score and defend against the best players night in and night out without much help in the form of a bench. 

I mean how many points has Landry scored?  Ray has shut him down while also averaging 24 points. 

K.G is getting double doubles while shutting down Amare for the most part..... and Paul held Melo to decent numbers besides that onslaught last game...

Lets give it up for these guys. They are the oldest guys on the court and carry their team offensively and defensively all year round and were the only constants this year playing every game except for K.G's minor injury..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Its no wonder the Big 3 need rest...

Good point.  And what I love about the Celtics is that they've won/scrapped/fought when they weren't at their best, and blew out NY when they were at their best.  That shows they can win many ways.   All of this when the bench has not yet had a good game.   I believe the bench will eventually have a couple of good games and then we'll really be cooking!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I thought Ray's legs were shot by the end of the season. I love it when he makes me look like a idiot. Standing O for the old men who play like young kids.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Space cowboys in the NBA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I keep telling Celtics critics that the 98 Bulls were an old team and look what they did!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

I've said it before and I'll say it now, no matter whatcha heard...the Celtics engine still runs on the Big Three motor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Three days off before game three. It is not a surpise that the Celtics played so well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Its no wonder the Big 3 need rest...:
    [QUOTE]I've said it before and I'll say it now, no matter whatcha heard...the Celtics engine still runs on the Big Three motor.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

No question about it.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

here here!!! let's bitche and moan after a blowout!!  the bench stinks~!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]here here!!! let's bitche and moan after a blowout!!  the bench stinks~!!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Hey we are all glad the Starters played so good but do you think the starters are going to outscore other starting fives by 40 every night? until the last two minutes tonight Big baby has had 6 points in 3 playoff games. That has to change if we are to win because Ray Allen is not going to keep shooting 80% from the 3 point line. At some point someone on the bench will have to pick it up when one of the big three go cold. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]here here!!! let's bitche and moan after a blowout!!  the bench stinks~!!

Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

-

Amen, Brother.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think some people misenterpreted this thread.  I didnt mean to demeanor the bench, as much as I was really just trying to give credit to the big 3 for having to set the tone on offense and defense every game and they usually get out to big leads and come back to tie games and have to build leads again and have done so many times this year..it is what it is...im not blaming the bench, Im praising the big 3 for overcoming it and being Rocks in the lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its no wonder the Big 3 need rest... : Hey we are all glad the Starters played so good but do you think the starters are going to outscore other starting fives by 40 every night? until the last two minutes tonight Big baby has had 6 points in 3 playoff games. That has to change if we are to win because Ray Allen is not going to keep shooting 80% from the 3 point line. At some point someone on the bench will have to pick it up when one of the big three go cold. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you.  The starters can't and shouldn't be expected to win every game by themselves.  The bench has to start contributing soon.  Especially in the next playoff series.   Just hope that this happens soon. 

Sections
Shortcuts