It's NOT as bad as you think

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: It's NOT as bad as you think

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember, no matter how good your defense is, if the opposing team gets the ball back because you can't get the defensive rebound then the defensive effort is all for naught.

[/QUOTE]

All you say is true,  in the last two weeks as it became obvious that this team is a sub .500 team without another big man of impact we saw many of the potential players we can use in a trade lose value.  It is going to be very hard to get a big man of appropriate skill without giving up the Sullinger's, Bradley, and Green.  

We are stuck with Bass, Terry and possibly Lee.  Our draft choice looks good now to so say goodby to that.  Still we need a trade and it has to be for someone of value.  This team made such a serious miscalculation signing Garnett without someone of skill being brought in I am not sure we can recover.   Garnett and Pierce look like they are carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders.   Rondo is injured and looks awful.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

I still believe we're one big man away from being an elite team or a very good team at the very least.

--------------------------

Sorry, Fierce 34 but I disagree we are one big man away from being an elite team.

Yes, one of our biggest problems is losing rebound battles but it is not necessarily because we do not have a big effective center.

Yup, I know it is a Celtic forum but as Laker trolls post, I, a Celtic fan since the Cousy/Sharman days, am a local fan too. Was at the GS/Clippers(best record in NBA) game last night and it was an electric crowd and game was not even close with GS winning by 21. Have suffered here for years with GS a doormat and the Lakers always beating them. I do not hate the Clippers as I do the Lakers who are now 6 1/2 games below GS.  Was happy to see LAC not extend the 17 game win streak & keep Boston's 19 in a row alive. Many, many posts say that we are one big man away from being an elite team and that may be true but this Clipper team has a Center, Jordan, who got 4 rebounds and scored only 4 pts. GS center, Ezili, also got a 4 rebound/4 pt game so a wash with the centers. Their allstar forward , Blake Griffin, only got 10 pts/6 rebs. But the GS team got 53 rebs to 38 which means their Forwards & Guards hustled/out fought etc. the Clippers. Lee, a F, got 24 pts and 13 rebs and Curry, G, got 31 pts and 6 rebs. Lee is better than any forward we have except KG. And Curry, including Rondo, is better than any of our guards. Their whole team is electric. I have not seen this energy on the Celtic team for years. Ok, here is a Celtic topic--- we all have had to love hall of famer, Don Nelson, who instilled in the warriors a run-and-gun type offense many times using 3 guards and forwards not more than 6 ft 8 as centers yet led the team to many winning seasons & playoffs. This current team is similar. I believe Doc would like to do the same but our players are not as athletic or skilled. So, I am not sure that we are one big man away from being elite as I feel our forwards, Bass, Green, Lee and Terry too are just average and just have not meshed together. We need some better energy in the Forward area and Rondo is not, and will never be in my opinion a scorer like Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook etc. Thus, we need some major changes including forwards and guards too perhaps.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Remember, no matter how good your defense is, if the opposing team gets the ball back because you can't get the defensive rebound then the defensive effort is all for naught.

[/QUOTE]

This is true.  The other night there must have been 5 times the shot clock got down to less than 5, they hoisted a desperation shot, then got the offensive rebound.  It was painful to watch.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is true.  The other night there must have been 5 times the shot clock got down to less than 5, they hoisted a desperation shot, then got the offensive rebound.  It was painful to watch.

[/QUOTE]

Just imagine if the Celts got those 5 Memphis offensive rebounds and turned them into 5 Celtics defensive rebounds. 

Like I said, Celts are one big man away from becoming a very good team again.

[/QUOTE]

Just imagine if pigs could fly.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Stay blessed!

[/QUOTE]

Another classy post for a Laker.

Sections
Shortcuts