It's Not True Ainge Doesn't Want Bigs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: It's Not True Ainge Doesn't Want Bigs

It might not be that he doesn't want them, he just doesn't know how to evaluate big men. To prop up JJJ, Sully and Melo as him wanting big men...isn't saying much. It's even more alarming to let guys like Erden, Hollins and Steemer go without having their replacements in place. This is why we continue to be in the bottom of the league in rebounding and look for our PG to get triple doubles. We have 2 forwards in Green and Bass that can't collect 10 rebounds apiece between them.

Yeah he either doesn't want them or know how to evaluate them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Gortat was on the table. Bird Man went to the Heat... there were other affordable serviceable big men available. Cleveland had three.  Its not he he couldn't.  Danny just failed to get a deal done.  But maybe that was intentional.  Maybe the rebuilding plan is structured over 2-4 years, in which case, maybe he is shooting for big young anchor talent down the road... and filling other spots near -term

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

After the Perk trade, which turned out great for the Celts, the Celts drafted JaJuan in 2011. 

In 2012, the Celts drafted Sully and Melo.

The reason why the Celts couldn't sign a big was because the Celts didn't have the cap space.

After the lockout, the Celts pursued David West. But West wanted more money and he got it in Indy. So the Celts instead gave Wilcox the MLE last season.

This season, Kris Humphries got 12m, Ilyasova 9m, Hibbert got the max, and Lopez got close to the max. There was no way Ainge could've signed a quality big!

It would've been a different story if KG just signed for the vet's minimum or 2-3m per year. 

But as usual, KG still wanted the big bucks.

Right now KG is being paid more than Duncan and Duncan is 1st team All-NBA while KG is not even 3rd team.

"trying" for 2nd tier big men isn't going to win Danny any points in my book.  He mis-drafted on multiple occassions and he let too many big men get away.  Tell me, for example, that it was smart to sing Bass to his deal but not give David West that extra year he wanted?  West vs Bass?   Be serious.  No comparison.  

Your bashing of KG has now getting old.  Danny gives the deal so blame Danny for the deals he did, not KG for accepting.  He plays his heart out and if there's a player who gives more, show him to me.  I wish he were bigger or younger but he's not.  So, if Danny can be given "credit" for trying to sign other bigs, he has to get "blame" for KG's deal if its judged not to be a good one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge had to know when resigning KG that without a significant other big man the team could never challenge for a title.  So what does that tell us about Ainge's plans? Were they for management to keep the fans coming in knowing that we could never sustain 2012's playoff run?  I can't help but think so and that is why Doc, PP and KG have to be number one on Wyc's wish list before even winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

It might not be that he doesn't want them, he just doesn't know how to evaluate big men. To prop up JJJ, Sully and Melo as him wanting big men...isn't saying much. It's even more alarming to let guys like Erden, Hollins and Steemer go without having their replacements in place. This is why we continue to be in the bottom of the league in rebounding and look for our PG to get triple doubles. We have 2 forwards in Green and Bass that can't collect 10 rebounds apiece between them.

Yeah he either doesn't want them or know how to evaluate them.

Erden left to go back home because his mother was ill.Stiemma left for more money(What happened to him?)Hollins was no good.Some people like to make statements without any proves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

for what it's worth...in this year's playoffs Green and Bass combined to grab 12 rebounds per game....while KG and PP combined for 19.4....last post season Rondo averaged 6.7 rebounds per game....so these five guys theoretically could've been good for over 38 rebounds per game....

I believe the bench is more to blame for the overall low rebounding numbers...at least in the playoffs...just my two cents...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

KG's agent is Andy Miller. You really think he had nothing to do with KG getting 36m for 3 years?

laugh out loud gif

This guy never seizes to amaze me...

Danny decides what to do. For that he is the Celtics GM and it's not Andy Miller. The agents tells him what he wants and Danny chooses what to do.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Andy Miller will always want more money because the bigger the contract, the bigger his cut will be.

KG could just have asked for 2-3m per year.

And Danny could have explained to Miller/KG that it was a waste of $ and effort to give KG all that $ w/o having the ability to sign another player to help KG but he didn't. He rolled over when he had another opportunity to appeal to KG's good sense that winning a championship was worth far more than $ but he didn't ... he gave all the wriggle room to KG ... FAIL!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think I am going to do what KG should have done.  I am going in to my job and tell them that I only what to accept less than 1/5th of what they are willing to pay me.

laugh out loud gif

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think Paul should tell Danny he will play for free. I mean he don't need the money!! Better yet KG and Paul should chip in 20 mil. each to help with the Celts taxes and to help with signing a big name free agent.  And while they're at it they can send me a mil a piece, they've made plenty money, it wouldn't hurt them!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Ainge had to know when resigning KG that without a significant other big man the team could never challenge for a title.  So what does that tell us about Ainge's plans? Were they for management to keep the fans coming in knowing that we could never sustain 2012's playoff run?  I can't help but think so and that is why Doc, PP and KG have to be number one on Wyc's wish list before even winning.

I can't imagine that attendance will increase next season if the Celtics aren't a very good team.  If KG had been resigned for a much smaller amount it would have given the Celtics additional money to improve this team last season and also going forward.  Having significant cap space tied up in Pierce and KG who should be bench players at this point in their career doesn't make any sense to me.    Not sure if Pierce will even return this upcoming season.  We should find out soon about Pierce's future with the Celtics. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

All of this is why the Rondo for Cousins trade makes sense.  A young, stud, big man.  SAC would have to sign and trade, say Evans, to make it work, but I like team of Evans, Bradley, Green, Sully and Cousins.

Then, we could do my Bargnani trade (ha ha)  and work on the bench through the draft and other pickups.......

Re-sign Wilcox, draft Shabazz and we have Terry, Crawford, Shabazz, Bargnani and Wilcox off the bench!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

All of this is why the Rondo for Cousins trade makes sense.  A young, stud, big man.  SAC would have to sign and trade, say Evans, to make it work, but I like team of Evans, Bradley, Green, Sully and Cousins.

Then, we could do my Bargnani trade (ha ha)  and work on the bench through the draft and other pickups.......

Re-sign Wilcox, draft Shabazz and we have Terry, Crawford, Shabazz, Bargnani and Wilcox off the bench!

But is he a Celtic type player? When have the Celtics won with a head case as a major component of the team?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to KennCelt53's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

But is he a Celtic type player? When have the Celtics won with a head case as a major component of the team?

Robert Parish - Dennis Johnson - Charlie Scott...........

Red was famous for finding players that needed a change of scenery, and MAKING them Celtics.

Cousins, perhaps, can't stand the losing.  Doc could straighten him out.  And if KG hangs around..............maybe it could work