It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up

Well DA I was going around saying the trade of Perk did not bother me....well it's bothering me. Not so much of trading him but what you got in return (has anyone ever told you Euro players don't play D)...the way I see it DA you could have kept Perk let him go in the summer and then sign Krstic if he was who you wanted. Shaq and Jermaine have been a waste of roster spots, T Allen can play but half a million more was just too much for you too pay. Stupid!

Getting the Big 3 in Boston was a great coup for you DA but your moves since then have been highly questionable. This shoestring budget that the Cs are currently operating under is apparently killing us fans softly. Maybe they'll get it together when the 2nd season starts but I'm resigning myself to the fact that an early exit may be on the horizon. If that does happen I'm willing to bet we'll hear the real truth over the summer how the vets really felt about the trade. Doc not coming back I can't believe he was backing these moves...he's just a company man. You pulled the rug from under him.

DA....you replace parts off a Rolls and replaced them with Volkswagon parts. How did we expect it to run?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up

I hope we can still get it together for the playoffs. We're gonna have to become the "Road Warriors" again.

Like I said a few times before, if we DON'T win, it'll be the dumbest trade ever. It's disappointing because I really wanted the Big 3 to go out with at least one more ring.

Hopefully they can right this ship in the postseason and get #18.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

It's easy to say that after tonight's game, they definitely could of used Perkins in the middle due to foul trouble. However, two weeks ago this was the best trade ever, when Krstic was averaging a double double and Green was hitting big shots and the big one THE CELTICS WHERE WINNING!

Nevertheless, I do think Ainge has made a lot of blunders over the years but this wasn't one of them. Tough situation for Ainge because Perk was a free agent who was hurt. He had to wait until Perk came back to show teams he could play. Trust me Danny knew all along he was going to trade him once he got healthy. Letting Perk go without getting anything in return would be irresponsible as a GM. What Danny didn't take into account was the O'neals going down for this long. But we really don't need them anyway until we hit the play-off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up:
    It's easy to say that after tonight's game, they definitely could of used Perkins in the middle due to foul trouble. However, two weeks ago this was the best trade ever, when Krstic was averaging a double double and Green was hitting big shots and the big one THE CELTICS WHERE WINNING! Nevertheless, I do think Ainge has made a lot of blunders over the years but this wasn't one of them. Tough situation for Ainge because Perk was a free agent who was hurt. He had to wait until Perk came back to show teams he could play. Trust me Danny knew all along he was going to trade him once he got healthy. Letting Perk go without getting anything in return would be irresponsible as a GM. What Danny didn't take into account was the O'neals going down for this long. But we really don't need them anyway until we hit the play-off.
    Posted by paulbrr7

This is not a fantasy basketball team.

Chemistry matters.  Perk had it.  Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic do not.

Defense matters.  Perk had it.  Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic do not.

This team's hallmark was a top-rate defense.  Now they give up 100 points to the likes of Indiana.  Seriously.  I'd rather have what's left of Perkins' knee for 3 months of shaky health, good defense, and good team chemistry than however many years of mediocrity we'll get with Jeff Green as the centerpiece of our soon-to-start rebuilding project because Garnett may retire if the NBA locks out or will be 36 when the lockout is over

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdodson88. Show rdodson88's posts

if the C's loose...DA should be FIRED!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its not "official" untill the season is over and we dont have a championship in our hands.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

if the C's loose...DA should be FIRED!!!
    Posted by rdodson88

Danny probably won't be fired, but will get the blame if the Celtics don't make it
    past the 1st round of the playoffs. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Boils down to if the O'Neals play meaningful/quality minutes in the playoffs.. that was the gamble.. DA knew they were injured and not scheduled to return for a while. Whatever medical advice he got, he took the gamble they would return and do the job Perk did.

It still could happen but who really knows... will just have to watch and see.

I could understand anyine saying it was too big a gamble though.. Getting rid of Perk & Semi while your other 2 centers were out indefinitely is high risk.  Should DA have gamble with such high odds when we already had a solid shot at winning a title this year???  Good question..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up:
    Well DA I was going around saying the trade of Perk did not bother me....well it's bothering me. Not so much of trading him but what you got in return (has anyone ever told you Euro players don't play D)...the way I see it DA you could have kept Perk let him go in the summer and then sign Krstic if he was who you wanted. Shaq and Jermaine have been a waste of roster spots, T Allen can play but half a million more was just too much for you too pay. Stupid! Getting the Big 3 in Boston was a great coup for you DA but your moves since then have been highly questionable. This shoestring budget that the Cs are currently operating under is apparently killing us fans softly. Maybe they'll get it together when the 2nd season starts but I'm resigning myself to the fact that an early exit may be on the horizon. If that does happen I'm willing to bet we'll hear the real truth over the summer how the vets really felt about the trade. Doc not coming back I can't believe he was backing these moves...he's just a company man. You pulled the rug from under him. DA....you replace parts off a Rolls and replaced them with Volkswagon parts. How did we expect it to run?
    Posted by walk2run

I had posted about Tony Allen several times but received no response to my post.  I still believe that if Tony Allen was still with the Celtics, Perk never would have been traded. Danny has to do a better job of retaining talented players.    Even if Marquis was injured the Celtics still would have TA as a backup small forward.  Additionally, without TA, what about trading someone else to obtain a backup small forward instead of trading Perk.  Many other players were traded, Nate, Luke, Semih, etc.  What about a package that included some or all of these players for an adequate backup to Paul Pierce.  I never thought that trading Perk was a good idea and still don't 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up : I had posted about Tony Allen several times but received no response to my post.  I still believe that if Tony Allen was still with the Celtics, Perk never would have been traded. Danny has to do a better job of retaining talented players.    Even if Marquis was injured the Celtics still would have TA as a backup small forward.  Additionally, without TA, what about trading someone else to obtain a backup small forward instead of trading Perk.  Many other players were traded, Nate, Luke, Semih, etc.  What about a package that included some or all of these players for an adequate backup to Paul Pierce.  I never thought that trading Perk was a good idea and still don't 
    Posted by susan250

I think DA started reading is own press clippings and thought he was savy enough to shake up the team and still retain that drive to 18. I really think the players are still in shock...especially when the Big 3 were not consulted (I think). The team was tight and DA did a implosion and now this is the sum of his actions. No spirit!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Danny screwed this up?  How sure are you the Celts would have even made it to Game 7 if Bynum was healthy since Game 1 of the 2010 Finals? January 30, 2011 - Celtics, with Shaq starting, beat the Lakers at Staples February 10, 2011 - Lakers beat the Celtics, with Perk starting, at the Garden Look at it this way, if the Celtics didn't trade Perk and the Celts don't get Banner #18 this season then the Celts would end up losing Perk and BBD for nothing. Right now the worst case scenario is the Celts lose BBD but still have Jeff Green and a top 10 protected pick. Again, it's not a given that if we have Perk we can beat a healthy Laker team.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Your stupidity knows no bounds!!  You actually think we get a top 10 pick from the Clippers!!!   BAHAHAHAHA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Great job by Danny...keep up the good work!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Celtics will be fine once the Playoffs begin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You had a choice of Marquis or T.A. , not both...how many backups at the same position are you gonna have....I love it how people are sooo in love with Tony Allen, but when they heard his demands last year...most said..."dribble of his toe" allen, im all set, or they forgot how horrible our hlaf court set was with Rondo and Allen in the game and having teams play 5 on 3....How soon we forget...Tony would not be changing anything right now...cuz he dont play pg or C, which is where we have the most problems right now defensively....smh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

All Dany's moves were brilliant, with the exception of signing Rondo at $11M as our long term PG.

We won without Perk all year.  so the reason we are losing now is not because of Perk.  In fact, he was an impediment to winning.

Perk was gone after this year anyway - so we got Jeff Green as a piece of our building process instead of nothing. Krstic was a throw in.  Danny made an reasonable gamble that one or both of the O'Neals would be back by now...that didn't happen so we have been temporarily exposed... that will change very shortly. 

I think we are all disappointed in Troy Murphy, who used to be a double double machine who could bang it up inside...his lack of productivity is not helping, but it was a logical move by Danny. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Sorry, not buying it. Ray Allen is't getting minutes and they simply aren't putting the effort in.

No way an injured Perk was this disastrous to not have around.

Blame Doc for coddling them before blaming Ainge.  Ainge added an entire new bench, basically. One they didn't have before.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up : This is not a fantasy basketball team. Chemistry matters.  Perk had it.  Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic do not. Defense matters.  Perk had it.  Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic do not. This team's hallmark was a top-rate defense.  Now they give up 100 points to the likes of Indiana.  Seriously.  I'd rather have what's left of Perkins' knee for 3 months of shaky health, good defense, and good team chemistry than however many years of mediocrity we'll get with Jeff Green as the centerpiece of our soon-to-start rebuilding project because Garnett may retire if the NBA locks out or will be 36 when the lockout is over
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

WAIT A MINUTE  Perk didn't even play this year??  How can a man who didn't play lead the C's to a great first half record??

Wake up brother, Perk stunk, rondo stinks,can't shoot and Boston is old tired and all done.
    Run

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up :  Your stupidity knows no bounds!!  You actually think we get a top 10 pick from the Clippers!!!   BAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic

That exactly what i was gonna say... hahahaha lolz

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up : That exactly what i was gonna say... hahahaha lolz
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

I believe he said we have a lottery protected top ten.  In other words if it is in the top ten we don't get it.  If it is after the top ten we do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up : This is not a fantasy basketball team. Chemistry matters.  Perk had it.  Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic do not. Defense matters.  Perk had it.  Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic do not. This team's hallmark was a top-rate defense.  Now they give up 100 points to the likes of Indiana.  Seriously.  I'd rather have what's left of Perkins' knee for 3 months of shaky health, good defense, and good team chemistry than however many years of mediocrity we'll get with Jeff Green as the centerpiece of our soon-to-start rebuilding project because Garnett may retire if the NBA locks out or will be 36 when the lockout is over
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Well Said! BINGO!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Danny Screwed this Up : Looks like you've completely lost it, kyceltic. Not only are you resorting to name calling, which according to you is an indication that you got bested, you're also having a hard time understanding simple English. The Celtics will also get the LA  Clippers  2012 first round draft pick, which the Thunder own.   The pick is top 10 protected. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/619215-kendrick-perkins-traded-to-the-okc-thunder-for-jeff-green
    Posted by Fiercest34

Weasel at your own risk!!   Now you're not trying to get out of a predicament, are you?   BAHAHAHAHAHA    I'm not the only one laughing at you
    !  lolz!!

Sections
Shortcuts