It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA:
    In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : don't mind your minutes, but they need to be flexible.  If someone is really playing well you keep them in, especially the younger players.  Still think we need to try AB starting. If he starts against SA and Ray comes off the bench and we are still clicking on all cylinders all the better.  Ray starts and our game doesn't look so good Doc will have a lot to answer for . IMO.  If I were Ray I would want to not be the player that takes us down a notch.  He should realize what we got going right now and not want to disrupt it..   Have to admit I was wrong about AB. Knew he could play defense, just never thought his offense would get anywhere near what it is now.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I would like AB to be starting as well.  I just think it's funny that people are worried about Bradley/Allen as opposed to Bradley/Dooling/Sasha.

I wouldn't make minutes flexible.  three guard rotation just like in the days of Thomas, Dumars,  and Vinnie Johnson.  Chuck Daly wouldnt have been worried about getting minutes for Dooling back then.

Oh and I was wrong about AB too.  Everyone was except Ainge apparently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

either way ray will help this team IMO.....if he starts we have a shut down guard off the bench for when ray needs a rest....and if bradley starts, we have a knockdown shooter off the bench when we need points fast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I just want the Celtics to win and I hope Doc, Ray, and the team shows everyone that the Celtics win as a team with Ray, Bradley, Pietrus, or whoever starts.  

Doc - stick by your guns and play the team you think will win. I have faith in this team and its coach.

Go C's......let's win tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

The proof is in the pudding so to speak. Ray Allen starts, Celtics stink.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I really thought Doc 't like thewas smarter than this. Like the chemist who didn/t like the stuff that worked, so he tossed it. and went back to the stuff that didn't work. How stupid can you get?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

either way ray will help this team IMO.....if he starts we have a shut down guard off the bench for when ray needs a rest....and if bradley starts, we have a knockdown shooter off the bench when we need points fast.
    Posted by redsoxfan94

I don't thinks so! DOC is wrong again. So what's new?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : I don't thinks so! DOC is wrong again. So what's new?
    Posted by celticsince1958

idk obviously i was wrong....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

I guess Doc didn't like the fast starts, we had been having since AB has been in the starting line up!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Exactly on the button. DOC actually didn't notice the fast starts. Good grief...what is DOC'S problem???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In Response to It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : It doesn't matter as long as Bradley gets minutes.  Dooling and Sasha sit.  Bradley backs up both 1 and 2.
    Posted by snakeoil123

It doesn't matter? Check out the score so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

My mother always had a saying..........."If it works don't fix it"......... since no defense RA is not in game shape and AB has been doing excellently why does Doc want to mess with what is working.  There is nothing wrong with being the 6th man and why should we potentially put ourselves in the hole to find out what kind of shape RA is in.........As my mother said If it works don't fix it......
    Posted by damfuno

Amen to that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Doc actually stumbled on a new wrinkle for Boston that was very successful and now he is abandoning it. Allen would be great coming off the bench. Nothing against his capabilities but AB teaming up with Rondo makes Boston an explosive team. Boston is forced to play half-court offense with Allen on the court and we all know that Boston lacks the size to play this type of game...
    Posted by guyfromtex

Amen to that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Rivers is an idiot.
    Posted by Kirk6

Best post I have seen all year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

So we will start the game by falling behind and committing a lot of turnovers.
    Posted by Kirk6

Yup, DOCS game plan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : Yup, DOCS game plan.

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Guess who???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Ray stunk and yet played 35 minutes. How come Steisma played only 10 minutes?
    Doc Rivers is pathetic. They needed Steisma to get rebounds and blocks. Doc Rivers makes me sick. Did you see the rebounding stats???

Anybody else feel the same?

Danny Ainge....can you fire Doc? Please oh please. Or at least take over as coach and put Doc on the bench so to speak.

Doc came close to winning so he will now think he is smart and continue to do stupid coaching. From here on it is going to get scary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. Guess who???

I concur

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Ray stunk and yet played 35 minutes. How come Steisma played only 10 minutes? Doc Rivers is pathetic. They needed Steisma to get rebounds and blocks. Doc Rivers makes me sick. Did you see the rebounding stats??? Anybody else feel the same? Danny Ainge....can you fire Doc? Please oh please. Or at least take over as coach and put Doc on the bench so to speak. Doc came close to winning so he will now think he is smart and continue to do stupid coaching. From here on it is going to get scary.

Give him he!!, he deserves it!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In response to "Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA":
    In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA :  Give him he!!, he deserves it!! Posted by KyCelt2
    Doc blew it. He should get the blame on this one. Starting Ray and keeping him for so many minutes plus some bad subs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Doc please pleaseeeeeeeeeee go against conventional wisdom for once. You have a chance to hold on to the 4th spot or even move on to 3rd, now your about to screw this up with slow poke man Ray. Bradley's defense has a lot to do with our recnet streak.
    Posted by blueprint555

the problem is that rivers has ZERO wisdom.

he manages to bring ray back, play him THIRTY FIVE unproductive minutes and phase steamer out of the lineup.  genius!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Doc is worse than a corrupt union boss.  straight line seniority rotations.  no meritocracy.  a true idiot's idiot- but in the nba they call you a "player's coach"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It says a lot when idiots on a BB like us clearly knew the risk of having Ray start and play so many minutes.  It lost us a big game and puts us behind the eight ball tommorow night.  Doc has to know he screwed up.  The funny thing is if Ray had come off the bench he might have even been effective.  I could have easily seen him getting the last shot.  We probably would not have needed it if Bradley had started.

Very  bad loss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it really doesn't matter if he started.  but he shouldn't have played as much as 20 minutes.  don't F with the chemistry you have and just chalk it up as 'being cautious" while probing to see how you can work the fossill back into things and still keep the avery-rondo dynamic thing going.

but doc fails, as he does nearly all of the time except when he's tasked with drawing up an out of bounds play. 

but he really GOT me this time- i mean i had NO IDEA that Steamer, who also was playing VERY WELL of late, would be the one to get his minutes axed!!  that's just so far over the cliff into insanity, against a team with a 5 like Duncan and on a night when bass underachieved and KG shot poorly and was played TOO MANY MINUTES.

doc is like a box of chocolates- every screw up is different, but they're all screw ups.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

I thought Doc was the best coach in the NBA?

FAIL!!

Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

I thought Doc was the best coach in the NBA? FAIL!!
    Posted by Elven 32

Mike Brown is, without him we don't pull out wins agains the Hornets, Warriors and Nets! Boom!

Without him we also don't have a sulking suspended big man!

Back me up Elven!

Go Lakers!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts