It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

It's official....Doc's coaching is suspect! 2 timeouts and all you come up with a step back jumper with a 6'11" man in your face. Suspect!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I know Doc bashing is tonite's soup du jour, and I'm not saying a lot of it isn't merited, but I've got confidence that Doc will see the light. 
    Remember, the Celtic's are now in their toughest stretch of this f*&^^!?!! season.  4th seed is by no means guaranteed (are there 3 es in guaranteeed?).
    He'll figure it out at some point.  Doc's just slow on the uptake because he's cautious and slow to adapt.  In a lot of ways, that's a virtue.  Players know what to expect from him.
    2008 playoffs, we were all screaming for him to put in Eddie House, and he eventually did.  Just took his own sweet time about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA:
    [QUOTE]Players know what to expect from him. 2008 playoffs, we were all screaming for him to put in Eddie House, and he eventually did.  Just took his own sweet time about it.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

1) Yes, they know to expect nothing from him.

2) This is a behavior that is more symptomatic of a MULE than an actual professional sports coach.

Simply put, Doc has grown zero as a coach.  He's still the same coach that got cut loose out of Orlando for being a serial stiff- still a horrendous coach with young players as it pertains to talent evaluation as it translates to MINUTES PLAYED.

You saw him at his worst with Glen Davis- he developed an intensely adversarial relationship with a very good role player who was not the demon that Doc portrayed him to be.  i mean nobody else on the team loathed davis like doc did- and nobody else took the charges, hit the floor and led the league in help defense. 

doc is a simpleton hypocrite if he can paint anything Davis did two years ago as worse than Rasheed showing up looking like a cup full of jello and PERSONALLY evaporating ALL of the leads the starters earned on teams.  Ah yes, but dutiful doc doubled down on sheed and STILL PLAYED HIM 25 mins a game like someone had a gun to his head, instead of doing what real teams do- sit someone out until they get themselves into game shape.  with no pressure to do so, sheed never reached "game shape" and broke like a cheap clock in the playoffs right when we needed him. 

Doc is the singular reason why ANYONE who was under him in Orlando will not come to this team.  The notable loss here is Grant Hill- who has refused to consider coming to Boston.  He's had enough of Doc.  He could have been a vital post-Posey cog in making this team super solid and giving pierce a break and a boost when it comes to things like kobe and lebron.

This team collectively willed itself to the champinoship in 2008.  Let's not make any mistakes about that- The big 3 were driven to not retire as zero ringers- and since then it's gotten difficult as age and injury have stepped in.  so what has doc done?..........

Doc has overseen the "development" of rondo's shooting- zero correlation b/t becoming a 70% FT shooter and playing time, which should have been accomplished PRE big 3 mind you- you know there'd be a way for rondo to achieve that if a big contract DEPENDED on it.  but he's never HAD to do it, so he hasn't done it.  it remains an apparent career-long bugaboo.  if untalented shleps like jacque vaughan and brevin knight, who couldn't shoot for beans can peg a freebie at 70%, then rajon can too.  only he doesn't HAAAAAAVE to...  great coaching and talent MGT!

Doc is an ongoing mess straight into this year- the older the team gets the more important his mistakes become.  He did NOT develop Steamer with ANY CONISTENCY early in the season, the guy just gets thrown to the wolves once jerlame and wilcox go down for good.  Steamer is clearly the best of those three ON PAPER as far as height and actual shot blocking ability to function as a true center / plus he has that important thing called PHYSICAL HEALTH, something Jerlame hasn't had in 10 years.  but doc can't judge talent, doc just looks at the birthdates and makes his lineup accordingly.

Now Doc has an emerging Bradley and the solution is to....  play a three guard lineup, regardless of the fact that Ray allen is shooting like Ray Charles coming off of an injury, but run him 35 clicks anyway and while you'r at it, run KG for 35 minutes too when he's also having a bad shooting night and... bench the emerging steamer, who could have given a tired old guy like duncan a lot of problems getting his shot off.

i mean it's not an accident when this CRAP happens over and over again year after year.  we got nate last year and proceeded to ice him for a long period of time with no PT at all.  forget about "game shape", huh? 

the integration of jeff green went so well that green was just rounding into shape as we were getting mopped up by Miami. 

if you look at this team objectively, the things that have "gone right" over time have been things that have taken care of themselves, not things that doc necessarily fostered.  avery bradley took care of himself and made himself a better piece for this team but that doesn't play out in lineup changes but only emerges when an injury occurs.

Same thing pretty much with leon powe- a great energy guy who was doc's pick to play big bench minutes, while surpassing a guy who had a different skill set but more breadth as far as what he could do in playing time at the 5 = glen davis.  we only found out who could do the most for the team once powe was injured.

And we have signed on for four more years of Doc-a-licious coaching after this.  I am holding on by a thread with interest for this year and then this team is really going to have to make some fantastic moves in the off season to overcome doc's serial idiocy.  i guess what you need for everything to be optimal is a bunch of guys with a nice line of older birthdates and corresponding "best skills" on the team and then doc will just happen to accidentally make the best rotation according to the birth certificates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Ramsey, Havelcheck, Silas, McHale, Walton, Posey. Red invented the sixth man and Ray could carry that forward with pride. Have to agree with the crowd, Doc got in touch with his inner robot; that's why they call him Doc Robot, he's back, he's back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I know Doc bashing is tonite's soup du jour, and I'm not saying a lot of it isn't merited, but I've got confidence that Doc will see the light.  Remember, the Celtic's are now in their toughest stretch of this f*&^^!?!! season.  4th seed is by no means guaranteed (are there 3 es in guaranteeed?). He'll figure it out at some point.  Doc's just slow on the uptake because he's cautious and slow to adapt.  In a lot of ways, that's a virtue.  Players know what to expect from him. 2008 playoffs, we were all screaming for him to put in Eddie House, and he eventually did.  Just took his own sweet time about it.

Doc said today that the Cs are stronger with AB coming off the bench.

Sweet timin' Doc said it... I believe it... end of discussion!

NOT!!!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : 1) Yes, they know to expect nothing from him. 2) This is a behavior that is more symptomatic of a MULE than an actual professional sports coach. Simply put, Doc has grown zero as a coach.  He's still the same coach that got cut loose out of Orlando for being a serial stiff- still a horrendous coach with young players as it pertains to talent evaluation as it translates to MINUTES PLAYED. You saw him at his worst with Glen Davis- he developed an intensely adversarial relationship with a very good role player who was not the demon that Doc portrayed him to be.  i mean nobody else on the team loathed davis like doc did- and nobody else took the charges, hit the floor and led the league in help defense.  doc is a simpleton hypocrite if he can paint anything Davis did two years ago as worse than Rasheed showing up looking like a cup full of jello and PERSONALLY evaporating ALL of the leads the starters earned on teams.  Ah yes, but dutiful doc doubled down on sheed and STILL PLAYED HIM 25 mins a game like someone had a gun to his head, instead of doing what real teams do- sit someone out until they get themselves into game shape.  with no pressure to do so, sheed never reached "game shape" and broke like a cheap clock in the playoffs right when we needed him.  Doc is the singular reason why ANYONE who was under him in Orlando will not come to this team.  The notable loss here is Grant Hill- who has refused to consider coming to Boston.  He's had enough of Doc.  He could have been a vital post-Posey cog in making this team super solid and giving pierce a break and a boost when it comes to things like kobe and lebron. This team collectively willed itself to the champinoship in 2008.  Let's not make any mistakes about that- The big 3 were driven to not retire as zero ringers- and since then it's gotten difficult as age and injury have stepped in.  so what has doc done?.......... Doc has overseen the "development" of rondo's shooting- zero correlation b/t becoming a 70% FT shooter and playing time, which should have been accomplished PRE big 3 mind you- you know there'd be a way for rondo to achieve that if a big contract DEPENDED on it.  but he's never HAD to do it, so he hasn't done it.  it remains an apparent career-long bugaboo.  if untalented shleps like jacque vaughan and brevin knight, who couldn't shoot for beans can peg a freebie at 70%, then rajon can too.  only he doesn't HAAAAAAVE to...  great coaching and talent MGT! Doc is an ongoing mess straight into this year- the older the team gets the more important his mistakes become.  He did NOT develop Steamer with ANY CONISTENCY early in the season, the guy just gets thrown to the wolves once jerlame and wilcox go down for good.  Steamer is clearly the best of those three ON PAPER as far as height and actual shot blocking ability to function as a true center / plus he has that important thing called PHYSICAL HEALTH, something Jerlame hasn't had in 10 years.  but doc can't judge talent, doc just looks at the birthdates and makes his lineup accordingly. Now Doc has an emerging Bradley and the solution is to....  play a three guard lineup, regardless of the fact that Ray allen is shooting like Ray Charles coming off of an injury, but run him 35 clicks anyway and while you'r at it, run KG for 35 minutes too when he's also having a bad shooting night and... bench the emerging steamer, who could have given a tired old guy like duncan a lot of problems getting his shot off. i mean it's not an accident when this CRAP happens over and over again year after year.  we got nate last year and proceeded to ice him for a long period of time with no PT at all.  forget about "game shape", huh?  the integration of jeff green went so well that green was just rounding into shape as we were getting mopped up by Miami.  if you look at this team objectively, the things that have "gone right" over time have been things that have taken care of themselves, not things that doc necessarily fostered.  avery bradley took care of himself and made himself a better piece for this team but that doesn't play out in lineup changes but only emerges when an injury occurs. Same thing pretty much with leon powe- a great energy guy who was doc's pick to play big bench minutes, while surpassing a guy who had a different skill set but more breadth as far as what he could do in playing time at the 5 = glen davis.  we only found out who could do the most for the team once powe was injured. And we have signed on for four more years of Doc-a-licious coaching after this.  I am holding on by a thread with interest for this year and then this team is really going to have to make some fantastic moves in the off season to overcome doc's serial idiocy.  i guess what you need for everything to be optimal is a bunch of guys with a nice line of older birthdates and corresponding "best skills" on the team and then doc will just happen to accidentally make the best rotation according to the birth certificates.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Predictions:
    1. Bradley will be starting guard in the playoffs.  RA will have 6th man status.
    2. You're not inviting Doc to your birthday party.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1st its funny how some people that were 1 month ago saying Bradley is a bust now think he is the future of the franchise.
    2nd Starting RA over Avery tonight is one of the worst coaching decisions Doc has made.
    3rd
    : Bradley%3A%20%26%2339%3BI%26%2339%3Bm%20ready%26%2339%3B at 12/3/2011 9:52 AM EST
    Bradley has game and will contribute more than most expected.                       
    My response to a Avery Bradley basher on 12/03/12  Just one of my posts defending Bradley. Told you guys,just saying.
    Remember quality can't be matched by quantity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

You guys are pathetic. We didn't lose cause Ray started. AB still played major minutes. We lost cause we played a good team, were outrebounded terribly, we shoot 6-13 from the line and we have no bench!

By the way Ray had 7 rebounds (AB 1), 2 Assists (AB 0), 2 Steals (AB 1), 0 Turnovers (AB 0) and was + 3 (AB +2).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Red said it all started with gettingnthe ball, so he drafted Russell. Celtics again were toasted on the boards last nithat, that is on Danny. Red also said to save one of your top scorers to sub in when the game slows a little, seems to be working for OKC, the sixth man stategy that is. Lastly, the team was winning with Bradley starting and that is a fact and they lost with him coming off the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from j73401. Show j73401's posts

ITS OFFICIAL:RAY ALLEN COMES BACK ANMD BOSTON , L O S E S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : It doesn't matter? Check out the score so far.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

Oh my God.  All four quarters matter you genius. All four quarters are equally important.

Bradley played over 33 minutes.  Ray Stunk tonight. He would have stunk just as badly coming off the bench.

It's fine to give Doc a hard time for playing Ray 35 minutes.  My only point was that it didn't matter who starts and who comes off the bench.  What matters is total minutes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]it really doesn't matter if he started.  but he shouldn't have played as much as 20 minutes.  don't F with the chemistry you have and just chalk it up as 'being cautious" while probing to see how you can work the fossill back into things and still keep the avery-rondo dynamic thing going. but doc fails, as he does nearly all of the time except when he's tasked with drawing up an out of bounds play.  but he really GOT me this time- i mean i had NO IDEA that Steamer, who also was playing VERY WELL of late, would be the one to get his minutes axed!!  that's just so far over the cliff into insanity, against a team with a 5 like Duncan and on a night when bass underachieved and KG shot poorly and was played TOO MANY MINUTES. doc is like a box of chocolates- every screw up is different, but they're all screw ups.

I agree with the Steamer things as well.  It makes no sense to give him 8 minutes the way he has been going at it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

doc knows little of team chemistry...

RA off the bench would preserve the guys career

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html#BbYC9mWICKbBT4Bj.99

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : Oh my God.  All four quarters matter you genius. All four quarters are equally important.   Bradley played over 33 minutes.  Ray Stunk tonight. He would have stunk just as badly coming off the bench. It's fine to give Doc a hard time for playing Ray 35 minutes.  My only point was that it didn't matter who starts and who comes off the bench.  What matters is total minutes. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    You make a logical point, the bottom line is Ray should never have been put in that situation.  If he had come in off the bench he would have had a better chance of getting the cobwebs out. The idea of total minutes is the key point and Doc even admitted that Ray was a little off with the injury layoff.  Why did he play so long then? 

Now the team heads off to play Chicago under the gun of a likely loss.  I hope I am wrong but playing was a momentum killer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : You make a logical point, the bottom line is Ray should never have been put in that situation.  If he had come in off the bench he would have had a better chance of getting the cobwebs out. The idea of total minutes is the key point and Doc even admitted that Ray was a little off with the injury layoff.  Why did he play so long then?  Now the team heads off to play Chicago under the gun of a likely loss.  I hope I am wrong but playing was a momentum killer. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't think he should have had more than 25 minutes or so either way.  I just gert frustrated at times by the simplicity of thought around who starts as opposed to who plays more.

He wasn't good out there though and shouldn't have gotten 35 minutes.  No doubt about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : I don't think he should have had more than 25 minutes or so either way.  I just gert frustrated at times by the simplicity of thought around who starts as opposed to who plays more. He wasn't good out there though and shouldn't have gotten 35 minutes.  No doubt about it.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Snake I agree with you to a point.  Minutes are minutes.  The part that bothers me is the chemistry part.  The starters with AB had developed this rather well.  Our defense with that group has set the tone for the rest of the game. I believe chemistry is the element you can't measure. Doc took it away when there was really no reason to change it. I would like to have kept going with what had been working and ease Ray into the game during the first quarter with the intent of scoring.  Might have been a good formula for the rest of the season.

I think this set us back to where we were.  How many times have we seen a game playout like this alreading this season?  We fall behind and work our way back to fall short. I kind of like us shooting out to the lead and letting the other team work to get back in it. I know it just a opinion. Of course no one will ever know what could have happened.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are pathetic. We didn't lose cause Ray started. AB still played major minutes. We lost cause we played a good team, were outrebounded terribly, we shoot 6-13 from the line and we have no bench! By the way Ray had 7 rebounds (AB 1), 2 Assists (AB 0), 2 Steals (AB 1), 0 Turnovers (AB 0) and was + 3 (AB +2).
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUO

But he was still pathetic. He is washed up as a starter. He needs to be the sixth man and play in 5-6 minute spurts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : Predictions: 1. Bradley will be starting guard in the playoffs.  RA will have 6th man status. 2. You're not inviting Doc to your birthday party.

1. i wish

2. you are correct.

but seriously, AM I WRONG, somebody tell me HOW I"M WRONG- i mean we have a coach here who runs a birth-certificate-ocracy of a basketball team?!!?? 

an aging core needs to CHANGE THINGS UP to KEEP THINGS FRESH- i mean how many triple fantastic differing curls and picks can you run for ray with ALL THE SAME GUYS on the floor as they get older and older.  put him with the bench unit for some minutes with some different folks out there and mix it up.

i wouldn't even call pietrus a "scoring punch" off the bench, just a relatively low % 3 point bomber.  we NEED scoring from our bench.  we NEED better defense in our starting lineup. 

how can this be so hard for an alleged professional basketball coach?  answer: doc just runs on birth certs.  that's all.  did it with jerlame then wilcox then steamer when steamer was the best man for the job.  he's done it countless times.  over and over. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are pathetic. We didn't lose cause Ray started. AB still played major minutes. We lost cause we played a good team, were outrebounded terribly, we shoot 6-13 from the line and we have no bench! By the way Ray had 7 rebounds (AB 1), 2 Assists (AB 0), 2 Steals (AB 1), 0 Turnovers (AB 0) and was + 3 (AB +2).
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

maybe if we didn't play a THREE GUARD LINEUP we don't get outrebounded so much, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????????????

i mean c'mon- nobody of the spur's best players really had even a good game.  too many dingbats were allowed too many points.  run bass at center and get no rebounds.  run too much stone cold ray and get no scoring.  this is NOT rocket science!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : maybe if we didn't play a THREE GUARD LINEUP we don't get outrebounded so much, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????????????????? i mean c'mon- nobody of the spur's best players really had even a good game.  too many dingbats were allowed too many points.  run bass at center and get no rebounds.  run too much stone cold ray and get no scoring.  this is NOT rocket science!
    Any coach who has a good understanding of which was the most winnable game SA and which would determine momentum going forward should have known last night's game was the one to win.

Tonight we have very little chance of winning and we have to win or start another losing streak. Others will say that we tried to win last night but playing Ray as a starter put that game in jeopardy.  Doc is flawed in his belief in starters. Bradley more than proved he should have been playing until he was not performing at a high level.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

And that is good??????? You sure are easy to please.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Doc's IQ must be under 100. That is a no brainer (regarding Doc.) Have you ever noticed his face go blank during a game?

Let's guess what his 1Q is. Anybody want to start?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : And that is good??????? You sure are easy to please.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

Good? I dont know. But if you look at the stats of our almighty savior then Ray(even not at 100%) was defenitely not the reason we have lossed.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : maybe if we didn't play a THREE GUARD LINEUP we don't get outrebounded so much, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????????????????? i mean c'mon- nobody of the spur's best players really had even a good game. Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    So in your opinion AB and Rondo should have played 48 minutes?
    And which big from our bench would have had more boards than ray tonight? Or should have AB played less cause he had no boards?

We have no center and no bench, that is the simple reason we have lost.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : So would it matter if Allen's guy scored big in the second quarter?  Or just the first.  What about the third.  Is that an okay time for someone's guy to score big? Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE] Make sense...that's what matters!