It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth.

In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth. : its not a punishment..it was a BET, one that i didnt make! i never made the stipulations, he did. let me ask you this: if the tides were turned, would he let me off the hook?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Probably not. He seems to hold onto things. You have a valid bet that you won fair and square. 

Still (and I realize this isn't subject to vote.) It would be cool to let him off. He is a true fan and a knowledgeable poster. 

Even when he was harping on Rondo it was never insane like PUD and DUD. He just argued Rondo was our best asset and we needed rebounding so let's trade for someone like a Gasol( many pundits were saying similar things.) Unlike the other two who don't even acknowledge rebounding as an important part of the game( or defense or assists as you pointed out.)

BTW, If you can get dudder to make a similar bet, I promise I won't join any pleas for leniency. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth.

In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth. : Most of us do post stupid stuff... but Fierce posts it night and day to the tune of 30+ posts per day.... much of it utterly childish drivel.  He never quits. His best line is always his signature putdown line.... "Haha" and that's as juvenile as it gets. He loves to bait and then "debate" the low hanging fruit whom he runs circles around, while avoiding more substantive discussions. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i mean, lets be honest here guys. i dont have any sort of administrative power to suspend the Fiercest34 account so he literally CANT post for 5 months..so "letting him off the hook" is not REALLY in my power. if he really wants to post i wont be able to do anything to stop him.

However, Fierce has already said he is going to honor the bet to prove a point..to Mployee i think it was. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]i mean, lets be honest here guys. i dont have any sort of administrative power to suspend the Fiercest34 account so he literally CANT post for 5 months..so "letting him off the hook" is not REALLY in my power. if he really wants to post i wont be able to do anything to stop him. However, Fierce has already said he is going to honor the bet to prove a point..to Mployee i think it was. 

I understand.  I am hoping that if you rise above it all and ask Fierce to start posting, he may rise above it and stop pestering Mployee.  That will improve the civility on the forum.  After that we will only have to deal with some infantile and idiotic Lakers fans.  Ofcourse, I don't believe that there will be any relief from His Turdest, I mean Duddest or whatever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]i mean, lets be honest here guys. i dont have any sort of administrative power to suspend the Fiercest34 account so he literally CANT post for 5 months..so "letting him off the hook" is not REALLY in my power. if he really wants to post i wont be able to do anything to stop him. However, Fierce has already said he is going to honor the bet to prove a point..to Mployee i think it was. 

Let Fierce can come on and make the case as to why you should be lenient at this point.

Maybe we can talk about what constitutes civil discourse here at BDC and find out what part Fierce is willing to do to set a better tone.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Hola Amigos from Mexico No I have not seen Senor Fierce although I do enjoy his posts I think he honor the bet. I suggest he ask for leniency. Delighted Celts in Play offs Wish you have active game thread tonite Have no Tv or puter BEST 2 all Celtics fans Go Celts!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm surprised he made the bet. It was always obviously the Celts would make the playoffs given the mediocrity of some of the teams in the east in the seventh or eighth spot. What we did not expect was a number four type seed, and avoiding Bulls/Heat in a first round matchup. that would have been a better wager on Fierce's part.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

I'm more of a lurker than a poster.  I don't really like the tone of the boards, but I learn things here.  I REALLY don't like Fierce's tone, most of the time.  But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that he's one of the posters I learn things from.  He brings a lot of information to the table.  I have a hard time imagining that this place will suddenly become civil and mature if Fierce disappears.  I mean, let's get real.  It's a nut house in here.

So what's one more nut? 

Hate to say it, but the quality of the place will go down if he leaves.  He bugs the cr*p outta me, but so it is. 

As for bets, well, that's why I don't make them.  Who cares if he held someone's feet to the fire in the past.  Be the bigger person.  Give him the gift of reprieve, and who knows.  He just might do the same for someone else, somewhere down the line.  People have to be TAUGHT forgiveness, IMHO. 

And man, if I had the power to ban every person who annoyed me, I'd be one lonely dude.  (Thank God my wife has no such power....)

peace

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This BB has been on a downhill slide all year.  Certainly the trolls are the biggest reason, but it is also the strike and the decline of the team during this period.  The Celtics have heroically come alive and we are all upbeat, but the nonsense of the trolls and the bickering of posters who are Celtics fans has really lowered the quality of the BB.  It is still worth posting for Celtics junkies but the BB is not what it was.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Between Fierce and the trolling mongtards like elven and kobewhatsisface, I know who I'd prefer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

concord, in what ways was the board better last year or any year since the sam crowd bolted? i'd say the board's pretty much the same as it ever was since that time, only more so. for a self moderated forum, we're not doing all that bad. this joint will be off the charts w/ energy in a few weeks. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth. : its not a punishment..it was a BET, one that i didnt make! i never made the stipulations, he did. let me ask you this: if the tides were turned, would he let me off the hook?

See, I think he would - if you admitted you lost.  He holds onto the other "bets" because people don't admit they lost or were wrong.  You can do what you want, I would never make a bet with a Celtics fan, or expect them to honor it even I won.  A TROLL - yes, I would attempt to make them honor it, but it would be an exercise in futility - which is why I don't make bets.  Jamez - do what you want, but I am being truthful in answering your question.  If you lost a bet to Fierce, and admitted you lost - he might let you off the hook (for old times sake, as Sal Tessio once said)................that is my opinion!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]concord, in what ways was the board better last year or any year since the sam crowd bolted? i'd say the board's pretty much the same as it ever was since that time, only more so. for a self moderated forum, we're not doing all that bad. this joint will be off the charts w/ energy in a few weeks. 
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    The trolls are far more prevalent than they were a year ago and that is coupled with much less posting by Celtic fans.  I don't have numbers in front of me but when have you ever  seen more laker thread titles than Celtics threads on the Celtics front page bb it tells you something.

What I say is real at least for me and if you see differently it is you perception.

The Celtics doing well is the best revenge for these children intruders who can hide behind they're silly multiple identities and fill the board with taunting nuisance posts.

You seem OK with it like others I respect.  I just don't think the atmosphere is the same here. The children have been allowed to run amuck.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth. : See, I think he would - if you admitted you lost.  He holds onto the other "bets" because people don't admit they lost or were wrong.  You can do what you want, I would never make a bet with a Celtics fan, or expect them to honor it even I won.  A TROLL - yes, I would attempt to make them honor it, but it would be an exercise in futility - which is why I don't make bets.  Jamez - do what you want, but I am being truthful in answering your question.  If you lost a bet to Fierce, and admitted you lost - he might let you off the hook (for old times sake, as Sal Tessio once said)................that is my opinion!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Good points.  I don't think Fierce will come back, even if he is excused.  The Trolls are here to stay and many on this BB are more comfortable with these couple of idiots rather than Celtics fans who bring information to the BB.  It is not worth fighting about.  It is a bulletin board. We can all resist it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet. Celtics clinch Playoff Berth. : See, I think he would - if you admitted you lost.  He holds onto the other "bets" because people don't admit they lost or were wrong.  You can do what you want, I would never make a bet with a Celtics fan, or expect them to honor it even I won.  A TROLL - yes, I would attempt to make them honor it, but it would be an exercise in futility - which is why I don't make bets.  Jamez - do what you want, but I am being truthful in answering your question.  If you lost a bet to Fierce, and admitted you lost - he might let you off the hook (for old times sake, as Sal Tessio once said)................that is my opinion!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Good points.  I don't think Fierce will come back, even if he is excused.  The Trolls are here to stay and many on this BB are more comfortable with these couple of idiots rather than Celtics fans who bring information to the BB.  It is not worth fighting about.  It is a bulletin board. We can all resist it. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Free Fierce!
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Well said Kirk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

One less Laker troll...

*Yippy*

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Free Fierce!
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agreed.... Free Roody Pooo!

Can you smell what I'm cookin????

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Free Fierce!
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Honor the bet!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Oh the irony of it all.

R9R is still with us and Fierce, The Messenger.... has vanished?

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Good riddance. He'll be back soon enough though under another guise. Ugh!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

To the people saying this board is going downhill: lol. I've been lurking these boards for years across a few different names and nothing about this place has Changed one bit as far as I'm concerned. Same stupid trolls, same stupid drama, same exact people. Where is the difference? I sure don't see it.