It's Official: NO 82 Game Season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: It's Official: NO 82 Game Season

Why????

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Yes because I want to see basketball being played. NBA is my favorite sport. Now some people don't want a season to be played because they don't want to see their team again being a mediocre team and they rather not have a season. I want to watch basketball doesn't matter if the Lakers have a chance or not. I always buy the league pass. I am an NBA nut.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I wish I could say the same but I just want to watch basketball even if the Lakers will save 30 mil from paying Kobe. But you have your reasons. The league had to go 5 years the last time there was a lock out to get the fans back according to David Stern and Billy Hunter. How much time would it take this time??? If they don't have a season it will be worse. I believe they will get a deal done. When??? I don't know.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

There are two large issues at stake here:  BRI and "the system"  It seems the owners want to fix the system first, while the players want to fix the BRI........they never discuss both on the same day, do they?  Stern said they agree on nothing until they agree on everything........I say Billy Hunter needs to get a clue...these guys are NOT kidding, and will not cave.  There are more small market owners than big market.  I disagree no season favors the Celtics....I don't think they can sign Howard because I think part of the deal will be limiting where Howard can go.....in every other sport, if you sign someone else's player, you get compensation...the players won't even agree to THAT....ugh!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: NO 82 Game Season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: NO 82 Game Season : At least there's a chance. That's better compared to having a season and no chance at Dwight at all!  I'm also really NOT looking forward to JO as the starting Center this season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree there is a chance...and I would love it.  BUT, I'm not hoping there is no season just for that.  These guys are WAY overpaid, and the whole thing needs to be fixed.  If we get DH, I'll be just as happy as you, but ORL, being a small(er) market, will not let him go without a fight, and we'll have to settle for Aaron Gray.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: NO 82 Game Season : Don't forget if there's no season the free-agents of 2011 and 2012 will be combined. So it's the free-agents of 2011 + 2012 in the free-agent market by July 1, 2012. 

If we can't get DH, I'd take Nene!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE].....in every other sport, if you sign someone else's player, you get compensation...the players won't even agree to THAT....ugh!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about US Sport only? It's been years that the european union stopped compensation for players when the contract has ended. Guess what: Still a lot of sport played here!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...so far I'm very very happy.
    time to "occupy NBA" they are getting so big and greedy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: NO 82 Game Season : Are you talking about US Sport only? It's been years that the european union stopped compensation for players when the contract has ended. Guess what: Still a lot of sport played here!
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

I will answer that this way:  I know nothing about sports in Europe and don't care!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to It's Official: NO 82 Game Season:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7153136/nba-lockout-david-stern-announces-more-game-cancellations Sorry, GK.

i am not really surprised.  I just hope that they have a shortened season.  I would hate to see the entire season cancalled, but I suppose that it could happen.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It would be suicide for the league to not have a season.  For the players and the owners but the owners have the advantage.  The league will suffer and experience great change with free agents and draftees for two years coming into the league all at once. 

If there is a really short season does that make Orlando dealing Dwight more likely? I hope not but I think so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]It would be suicide for the league to not have a season.  For the players and the owners but the owners have the advantage.  The league will suffer and experience great change with free agents and draftees for two years coming into the league all at once.  If there is a really short season does that make Orlando dealing Dwight more likely? I hope not but I think so.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I think it's more likely they don't deal him!  Once these guys start missing paychecks, they MAY realize how soft they have it.  I've said all along that if ORL gives him the max contract, he will stay there.  He is the face of the franchise, the climate is good, and the team he would go to cannot be better if he waits (lakers are over the cap).  THIS is what the owners want - to have a fair chance at keeping their own players.  Otis (my man) Smith can ask for the world here...........................not like the Melo situation!  Think DH wants to spend 1/2 a  year in MN or CLE?  It is more likely he signs - IMO