It's Official Shaq a Celtic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: It's Official Shaq a Celtic

Well what's his nickname going to be?

The Green Monster?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official Shaq a Celtic:
    [QUOTE]Well what's his nickname going to be? The Green Monster?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

How about, "The Jolly Green Giant"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Hopefully his thumbs are healed up and he will be of more help to Boston.  He played okay for Cleveland, overall.  We were hoping for a little more.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

With KG, Baby, Shaq, JON and Perk, the Celtics will have the deepest front court in the NBA.  We can do a lot with those bigs.

I think Shaq will be an asset for the Celtics.  It's amazing listening to all the detractors.  First Marbury, then Sheed and Nate.  Now Shaq.  When you walk into a locker room with 3 1st ballot Hall of Fame players (KG, Ray, Pierce), there is a tendency for that player's personal agenda to take a back seat and I believe this will be the case again.

Shaq has a strong personality but I think he brings more to the center position than Sheed brought.  I'll take Shaq's overall game (offense, defense, rebounding) anytime over Sheed's inconsistent game WITH all the negative energy he brought (technicals).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree Petey. We know where Shaq is going to be. He's not drifting out to the 3. He can't play pick and roll that well but I think the kind of defense the C's play can hide those deficiencies. Now to our advantage running pick & roll with him and Rondo is going to be devastating.

RA & PP are licking their chops for some easy, easy looks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

RealGM just reported it is official.  One year, vet min - go Danny, go Celtics!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree with your post Pete. Shaq is a big improvement over Sheed. The C's frontline is by far the best frontline in the NBA. Bring on the Heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I like this! I think the upsides are way bigger than the downsides.
    Also, I don't know what he'll make, but considering that Scal made 3 mil/per (or so), I think you cannot go wrong on this deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

Would you folks like to start a "Tainted Championship II", now?

How the officials deliberately called fouls, this time, on the opposing team sending Shaq to the line, knowing full well he would shoot the Celtics out of the playoffs?

You might as well start early, don't you think?

Just remember this, my friends...

...When a few misguided fans make embarassing excuses for their team's failures, they stain the reputation of an entire city.  Nice job, you verbose nincompoops!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from remme6. Show remme6's posts

When he went to Cleveland last year I thought "THAT'S help for James?!! A broken down 38 year old, 300+ lb. center?!".
    If Doc plays it right after Kendrick comes back, Shaq could be to them what Bill Walton was for them in the mid & late 80's...a perfect sixth man. Think about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r. Show Hammah29r's posts

In Response to It's Official Shaq a Celtic:
    [QUOTE]ESPN reported this morning. I am glad to see this since the heat have the super friends. We have the Legion of Doom anf I love it.
    Posted by chitown2[/QUOTE]

OMG! I can see it now at the press conference..... Shaq holds up his new celtics jersey and smiles at the camera and speaks into the microphone and sez "Hey Koby, now you can really tell me how my azz tastes!"
    bwahahahahahahahahaha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Would you folks like to start a "Tainted Championship II", now ? How the officials deliberately called fouls, this time, on the opposing team sending Shaq to the line, knowing full well he would shoot the Celtics out of the playoffs? You might as well start early, don't you think? Just remember this, my friends... ...When a few misguided fans make embarassing excuses for their team's failures, they stain the reputation of an entire city.  Nice job, you verbose nincompoops!
    Posted by wuzzup[/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anoher LMAO troll!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]With KG, Baby, Shaq, JON and Perk, the Celtics will have the deepest front court in the NBA.  We can do a lot with those bigs. I think Shaq will be an asset for the Celtics.  It's amazing listening to all the detractors.  First Marbury, then Sheed and Nate.  Now Shaq.  When you walk into a locker room with 3 1st ballot Hall of Fame players (KG, Ray, Pierce), there is a tendency for that player's personal agenda to take a back seat and I believe this will be the case again. Shaq has a strong personality but I think he brings more to the center position than Sheed brought.  I'll take Shaq's overall game (offense, defense, rebounding) anytime over Sheed's inconsistent game WITH all the negative energy he brought (technicals).
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree that I'll take Shaq over Sheed. Sheed seemed more interested at times showboating his 3 point shot-he was no Ray Allen or Pierce-and was "iffy". We really needed a 7 footer under the basket like Paul Gasol to rebound, tap it in, shoot 5-10 ft jump or hook shots. Sheed seemed reluctant to do this! I'm not infereing Shaq is as gifted as Gasol whom I thought the past couple of years was similar to our own Kevin McHale. I like Shaq's muscle & tendency to intimidate players & this can disrupt their shooting performance. Shaq may foul out like Sheed but he may leave the opponents wounded.

As I said  below in another post, Shaq will be extra motivated & he's shed some pounds as  Kobe was gloating in an interview he had another ring but I think another motivation is that Kobe was influential in a" he go, I go" running Shaq out of town so I think he'd like to return to LA & win a title especially wearing GREEN !!!

"I was happy we beat the Cavs but if not I would love to have had them beat the Lakers & their MVP, Kobe. Regarding him fitting in with our guys, I remind you that he and Kobe were never good friends and wouldn't even shake hands sometimes after victories yet they won 3 titles together from 2000-2002. Shaq was MVP in all 3 and I'm sure Kobe was not pleased as he'd probably have passed Michael Jordan by now if he'd won 1-2 of them. Shaq went on and won another title with Miami. Kobe in an interview after this recent game 7 when asked about Shaq, said that he(Kobe) had one one ring that he had."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Would you folks like to start a "Tainted Championship II", now ? How the officials deliberately called fouls, this time, on the opposing team sending Shaq to the line, knowing full well he would shoot the Celtics out of the playoffs? You might as well start early, don't you think? Just remember this, my friends... ...When a few misguided fans make embarassing excuses for their team's failures, they stain the reputation of an entire city.  Nice job, you verbose nincompoops!
    Posted by wuzzup[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel really great about LA now!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

I think it's a desperate move that is not going to help the Celtic's win anything!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

We didn't have to lose Sheed in getting this done.  That means there's a chance for another asset in S&T with Sheed.  Or what if Sheed comes back?  That would be quite a line-up!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Remember:

"In Danny and Doc we trust"

There is nobody better in the NBA.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's going to be tough for someone to score on this team inside. There will be alot of hard fouls and beat up bodies after they play the C's.

Now I can't wait to see the FT competition between Shaq and Rondo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

While he may not help against some of the quicker centers, He does a great job against Bynum, Gasol, and Howard. Bynum is scared to death of him, did you see the Cavs play the Lakers?

Who will we face in the play-offs this season?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq already said he's the Big Leprechaun. 
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

just imagine shaq + davis at the 5 and 4- the meat wagon express.  the only people in the league who can say they have a 700 pound tandem in the front court.  albeit davis is the only one who moves like a regular person.  i can see davis getting a lot of rebounds with shaq as a defensive and offensive lane clog.  it could be a very effective way to eat minutes and not really risk lead erosion.....

it will be interesting.  the key part will be not over-using shaq and jerlame o'neal and hopefully dumping perkins for something else that isn't damaged.  i don't think i can suffer through a diminished mobility version of perk.  he was at times admirable, other times tolerable and other times downright horrible as a player with two good wheels.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official Shaq a Celtic : Yeah, I feel really great about LA now!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Well, soon you'll be calling him MEquille O'neill to go along with your other ME monikers. But this time it's really going to fit, as you will soon find out. In fact, his new name should be The Big ME. Or how about The Big eMErald?;

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Shack is not an improvement over Wallacae, Perk, or J. O'neal.  He is a different player and a defensive liability because of the pick and roll.  He has his positives over the other three, but the Boston defense is built on the ability of the Center to move and put pressure.  We will see a ton of open jump shots, ever wonder why he is not in Cleveland, Miamia, or Arizona.  If he does not start we will be a better team, because no way any second unit can stop him and with the outside shooting of our second unit he should be fine.  He will be huge against the Magic and Lakers and should be highly motivated against the Heat. I am not against having  him only the thought that he is better than Perk or the others.

Sections
Shortcuts