It's Official ... The Celtics are Too Good to Tank (Tankapalooza is Over!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: It's Official ... The Celtics are Too Good to Tank (Tankapalooza is Over!)

I don't get it.

He's not that good.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

I think they should tank, I just don't think this is bad enough a roster to get you a top 5 pick. When the season started it was hard to gage. I figured at the worst at bottom 5 team at the best a 7th/8th seed. My guess is they fall somewhere in the middle and get a top 10-12 pick and Atlanta's pick when they swap with Brooklyn.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Tankapalooza is over?

HAHAHA"

With a brutal road trip coming on, tankapalooza lives. But needs a bit of help from Danny to make the team a tad younger/worse. :)

"I think they should tank, I just don't think this is bad enough a roster to get you a top 5 pick"

Don't lose hope - Ainge is still prepared to make some moves to make our team truly worth of tanking. 

There are some pretty bad teams but I just looked at the standings and I think we still have a good shot at a top five pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Funniest thread of the entire year!!!

To paraphrase John Paul Jones, "We have not yet begun to TANK"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Tankapalooza is over?

HAHAHA"

With a brutal road trip coming on, tankapalooza lives. But needs a bit of help from Danny to make the team a tad younger/worse. :)

"I think they should tank, I just don't think this is bad enough a roster to get you a top 5 pick"

Don't lose hope - Ainge is still prepared to make some moves to make our team truly worth of tanking. 

There are some pretty bad teams but I just looked at the standings and I think we still have a good shot at a top five pick.

[/QUOTE]

10-4...read you 5 X 5 !!

DA is setting the team up for success IN THE LONG RUN...I loved the way we collapsed the last few games...it's the deep down losing DNA in many of our teams players rising to the top like lottery cream...I LUV IT!!! Crawford has been milking the losing Cow of late...it's the actual Cawford, not the good one from fantasy land that showed up early in the season...he's now the lousy Crtawford from last season who never played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they should tank, I just don't think this is bad enough a roster to get you a top 5 pick. When the season started it was hard to gage. I figured at the worst at bottom 5 team at the best a 7th/8th seed. My guess is they fall somewhere in the middle and get a top 10-12 pick and Atlanta's pick when they swap with Brooklyn.

[/QUOTE]

they wont even get a lottery pick with theirs or atlantas slot. meanwhile the lakers will be in the lottery and probably luck out and get a top three pick maybe even the first. wouldnt surprise me. barely making the playoffs is no good because your probably not going to get anyone decent enough to improve the team to one of the leagues best. its diddicult to break out of the middle of the pack. teams tend to stay mediocre.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they wont even get a lottery pick with theirs or atlantas slot. meanwhile the lakers will be in the lottery and probably luck out and get a top three pick maybe even the first. wouldnt surprise me. barely making the playoffs is no good because your probably not going to get anyone decent enough to improve the team to one of the leagues best. its diddicult to break out of the middle of the pack. teams tend to stay mediocre.

[/QUOTE]
    their best chance at a top pick will be from the nets in a couple of years because they should be awful. the trade for pp and kg had to be one of the worst in nba history. great for the celtics though. giving up all of those first round picks for a couple of guys that are well past their prime is a terrible move and can set a franchise back for years. kg is done. hes a shell of the great player he once was. pp can still make a limited impact but his body is breaking down. lots of injuries. 

this draft probably isnt going to score the star player but they still have a few more chances in the next few years thanks to the nets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

We probably won't have a chance at #18 for a few years. We will need to clear up cap space which may not be complete until we rid our selves of Gerald Wallace. I like Green and Rondo but if we can trade them for younger talent I would do that also. We should get a couple of good players in 2014 but will probably do better in 2015 and beyond. I think if we can draft well in the next 2 years and develop our young talent and trade some of our veterans we can be big players in free agency, and in 2-3 years start contending again. At that point Lebron, Wade and Bosh will be out of their prime and may not even be together. Even if we get Asik it will only improve us slightly and will probably limit what we can do in the future. The same goes for keeping Rondo, Green and Bass. I like those guys but want a younger core moving forward that we can develop and add some free agents. I think that is the formula for getting banner #18 but with no gurantees by any means

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The first step to becoming a contender is finding that star player.

Until the Celts get that next Celtic star player, the Celts will never reach contender status.

Also, it took Lebron 9 seasons before he won his first championship.

So winning a championship in the NBA is easier said than done.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.....the NBA is different than even 15 years ago....talent is too watered down, way too many young clowns who only want a quick $$$ killing and that's all...they have no pride in winning...it's gotten worse every year.....the only guy to pick is someone who has talent AND the burning desire to win...if not, you might as well trade your pick...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think it's quite tankapalooza yet but it's coming.  Remember, we won't be the only ones tanking.  We could still end up winning 40% Of our games.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts