It's Official ... The Celtics are Too Good to Tank (Tankapalooza is Over!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: It's Official ... The Celtics are Too Good to Tank (Tankapalooza is Over!)

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately Danny was trying to buy from a renegger ... we all know to deal with a renegger you must "flush" them out first, right?

Your only tradable that got dumped was Lee ... LOL!!!

And that backfired cuz we are better off with Bayless and save $ ... Hahaha

The team was poorly constructed when the season began and little has changed to improve it ... little has changed to make them any worse either otherwise we wouldn't be better than Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee & Utah. The record we end up with is probably gonna be worse than they deserve but that can be chalked up to good planning by Danny with Brad executing Danny's plan as a good subordinate does especially when being well compensated under the circumstances.

[/QUOTE]

That's why people were calling it Tankapalooza. It was quite obvious the Cs were headed that way. The new rules make it tougher for GMs to trade bad players and salary. The Cs have plenty of both. There will most likely be another season of it next year too. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's official?

Celts too good to tank?

After Lee and Crawford got traded and Rondo and Bayless took over, the Celts are just 10-30.

Celts were 13-21 before Lee and Crawford got traded.

Obviously the Celts are not too good to tank.

Proof of this is the Celts are in the hunt for a top 4 or top 5 pick in the 2014 Draft.

[/QUOTE]

You keep saying the same thing.  So, it is not an accident.  Either you are lying or you can explain how the Celtics were 13-21 "before LEE AND CRAWFORD got traded."

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I prefer this wasted year of aiming for a top 5 pick that is necessary to rebuild. I would rather have pick 4-6 (not even top 3) than Asik and a 1st or 2nd rd playoff loss.

That being said, NOBODY can say for sure what the addition (in early Dec) of Asik to a 10-12 team in favor of Bass/Lee would have done.

Bass has averaged the same 28-31 mins every month of the year, giving 11 points, 5.5 rebounds.

Kris Humphries was being benched for no apparent reason early on (12 mins, 4 points, 3 rebs in November) and is now getting 24 mins and giving 11 points and 7.5 rebounds. He basically plays 20% less than Bass and gives more overall. He's a natural PF and has had to play out of position. He split many of the center mins with Fav for Dec/Jan... Fav had a PER of 11 before shutting it down. Hump has an awesome 18 PER. In 28-30 mins he'd give 12 points, 9 boards (like his '12 Nets #'s of 14/11 in 35 mins)? We all know 'tanking' is the reason he plays less than Bass right now. Imagine him at his natural position next to Asik?

Asik averaged 11 points and 13.5 boards per 36 minutes the last 2 years. As a starting center he would have come to Boston and provided 28-30 minutes 9 points and 10 rebounds. Basically what he did in Houston last year.

Sully would still give his 27 mins, 13 points and 8 boards. With Asik beside him instead of Bass he would have a much easier time to be an even more efficient player and probably score even more. Say 15 points instead of the 13. 

There are 10 minutes left at PF-C for Olynyk and Faverani to fight over until Fav was basically done by mid-Jan. In Feb and March Oly got 20 mins and gave 9 points and 6 rebounds. So 5/3 in 10 

So 44 fairly inefficient points and 27 boards and a leaky tanking defense that has been written in depth about as being the reason for all these losses. Or 42 points, 31 boards and  MUCH better D? There is no question what would be more desired.

Beyond the frontcourt, having Crawford over Bayless is a slight upgrade. Craw in 30 mins here early on was a 13.5/5.5 with a 16 PER. Bayless in 28 mins Feb/March is a 10.5/3.5 with a 13 PER. Chris Johnson and Marshon Brooks are a wash.

Without Ainge pushing to tank, had Houston accepted the Bass/Lee for Asik offer, Rondo would have been back closer to his original Christmas return date (reports were he looked great and ready in practice in early November) and also wouldn't be taking off all these back to backs. The team would most likely be right in the mix with the Raptors and Bulls for seeds 3-4 in this years playoffs, especially if Ainge was more aggressive at the deadline even after using assets to obtain Asik.

The entire culture of the club and direction of the season would have been changed.

As I said, I prefer the top 5 pick.

But you can see how being told by Ainge to lose is crushing Stevens.

And how guys like Rondo, Hump and Sully HATE losing.

Adding Asik, keeping Crawford in the rotation over Bayless and having Rondo back a month earlier and playing every game, would have easily resulted in this team going 30-30 after trading for Asik.

Which is all I said. That trade results in this team winning 40-45 games. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy won't like that novel... he has the reading comprehension issues of most pathological liars. but once again I prove my opinion with stronger evidence than he did. This is a debate NOBODY can win of course.

But basically, anyone who thinks this team would only be a few games better if Houston accepted Danny's offer for Asik, and not right in the thick of the 3-4 seed playoff battle, is kidding themselves.

I stand by my 40-45 win team predicgtion with Asik on. That offer was made when the club was 10-12. 

EASY 40-45 win club.

The entire 'to tank or not to tank' question would have been answered with that move as: 'The Celtics are NOT tanking' Ever since Houstin turned that down Danny decided to tank.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

No right or wrong here Fiercy.

You CANNOT prove that this team wouldn't win 40-45 games with Asik if Houston accepted DA's offer and the team decided not to tank.

But once again I look intelligent and use FACTS AND STATS.

You look idiotic and post pictures of eggs and pathetic long 'hahaha's' showing how SAD and DESPERATE you are to win 'something' considering how much you have lost.

And in that regard.... YOU LOSE AGAIN!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Not sure what your issue here is Fiercy?

I mean besides my humiliating you and beating you with superior knowledge and fact/stat and logic based posts here weekly?

Your posts are TRASH

They do nothing to support anything. Unless your opinion you CANNOT prove and a bunch of 'Hahaha's' is what wins arguments these days? Far from it.

Danny Ainge offered Houston a trade AFTER I made the above comment that (if accepted) would have made this team a 40-45 win club battling Toronto and the Bulls for seeds 3-4 in the playoffs right now.

Back when they were 10-12... ANYONE who said this team could not win 30 games would have been a fool. There were 5 months of the season left and the GM had not yet decided if he was going to tank or make a fiesty tough young team better. Our best player could have returned in 3 weeks if he wanted to in 7 weeks if the team was going to tank.

Common sense

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Really?

Trash?

That thread has more intelligence in it than 99% of what you post.

Celtics coach AND PRESIDENT Rick Pitino was DESPERATE to win in 1997-98. Not to tank.

This roster had more talent than the '98 Celtics.

If Ainge wanted to and let them this team could EASILY have won 37 games this year.

Are you this blind? Our roster has as much talent on it as Bulls and Raptors teams with 44 wins right now and 6 left to go.

Do you understand the concept of tanking?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I sais this team should win 37 games IF:

1. Ainge let them

2. Rondo returned around New Years

3. Ainge made a quantity for quality trade (like Bass/Lee for Asik would have been) that shortened the rotation and solved the glut of SG/PF issues.'

Did they do those things?

Nope!

So my 28-32 win prediction is the one to go with, overshot by a few wins for a team that will have lost 15+ games by 5 points or less. YAWN.

Called it pretty spot on Fiercy. you are the liar with the banned name and deleted posts. We all remember your 17-18 win predictions in October. Clown.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Keep digging that hole deeper and deeper...

Did I prove this team was more talented than the '98 C's?

Yup

Did I prove the front office (led by Pitino) had a different mandate that year than the one led by Ainge telling Stevens to tank?

Yup

Are you an absolute tool and a LIAR who predicted 17-18 wins and will be just as far off in the end as I was with my 28-32 win prediction?

Yup

This is why you LOSE

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics were too good to tank if not for the front office mandate to do so. Duh.

That is why Ainge (and Stevens doing what Ainge said) made moves to make sure they 'tanked' 

Get it?

1. Almost decided not to tank if Houston accepted Bass/Lee for Asik deal (most likely would have resulted in C's currently fighting it out for the 3-4 seed with Bulls/Raptors)

2. Played Hump, a solid starter, 12 mins instead of the 30 he deserved to insure losses

3. After that deal was rejected, made an overall 2 for 1 swap of Crawford and Lee for Bayless. Bayless was the 3rd best player of the 3 (Hint: Tanking)

4. Rondo could have returned at Christmas, return was delayed a month. He also doesn't have to sit out the second game of back to backs and wouldn't if we were battling for home court in rd 1 of the playoffs.

5. Does nothing to get better at the deadline (obv tanking is in full swing at this point)

6. Fav and Wallace have minor surgical procedures for injuries players on playoff teams would be playing through

Sections
Shortcuts