It's Official..AB is injury prone according to Globe writer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

It's Official..AB is injury prone according to Globe writer

Todays entry in Celtics Notes definitely declares both that AB is injury prone and not worthy of re-signing. I agree on both counts...

The guy has never finished an entire season...he's short in stature and plays a game that lends itself to injury...and the dude cannot handle the ball or he'd be a backup point guard for us...nice little player whose primary gift, wild  and energetic defense, leads to the very injuries that keep him out of the lineup...

I think we can find better ways to spend the cash and cap...what say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: It's Official..AB is injury prone according to Globe writer

I say AB may very well be (or very well not be) injury prone, but a Globe writer saying so doesn't make it "official."  :-

(i.e. has anything, for instance, Dan Shaughnessy has written in 30 years made anything "official?")

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

I say AB may very well be (or very well not be) injury prone, but a Globe writer saying so doesn't make it "official."  :-

(i.e. has anything, for instance, Dan Shaughnessy has written in 30 years made anything "official?")

Well I absolutely see your point but it's not something many here haven't already felt about AB...I'd hate to think a writer from the Globe gets his ideas by reading these threads...lol...

Poor AB...he's a gamer, just not extremely talented and NEVER worth the 8 mill/year he's looking for...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

At the same time, we've had worse over the years -- and I'm always hesitant to let a defensive stopper (i.e. Bruce Bowen, Tony Allen, KG) go.  That said, I have no idea what I think he's worth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Mel, agreed, though Ainge may want to do the classic Belichick move of offering the lower offer if he will take the hometown discount. 

Of course another option is to try to trade him. 

I'd take him at $6 million a year, but "not a penny more." If he has indeed already turned down such an offer, then it's time to move him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

At the same time, we've had worse over the years -- and I'm always hesitant to let a defensive stopper (i.e. Bruce Bowen, Tony Allen, KG) go.  That said, I have no idea what I think he's worth.

[/QUOTE]

tony allen left town for a 4 million dollar per year deal.  i think tony allen is better than AB.  so adjust 4M for inflation of four year's time (if any) and tha'ts about what bradley is worth.  maybe a little less.  probably a little less

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Todays entry in Celtics Notes definitely declares both that AB is injury prone and not worthy of re-signing. I agree on both counts...

The guy has never finished an entire season...he's short in stature and plays a game that lends itself to injury...and the dude cannot handle the ball or he'd be a backup point guard for us...nice little player whose primary gift, wild  and energetic defense, leads to the very injuries that keep him out of the lineup...

I think we can find better ways to spend the cash and cap...what say you?

[/QUOTE]

try to explain that to the Fungie..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bowen was much taller KG was a different league in every way and Tony Allen was... well a somewhat reasonable comparison, but Allen was more efficient.. and a little taller. Bradley is either all-defense (in which case he almost justifies relatively large money) or he's pretty much a warm body because he's just not that good offensively. He has to decide if he wants to be one of the best defensive players in the league with almost no offense, or if he wants to be mediocre across the board. Those are really his only options. $5 million per, max, or "see ya!"

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.