IT'S RICK PATINO ALL OVER AGAIN. BRAD STEVENS??? MEH.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: IT'S RICK PATINO ALL OVER AGAIN. BRAD STEVENS??? MEH.

yeah, except there are no similarities b/t pitino and stevens.  pitino was all ego all the time, had already passed through the league like shitte through goose on the knicks and then wanted to become GOD of the nba- he deposed red auerbach and took his job for cripe sakes.

give stevens a roster of younger players and i bet he makes something out of them.  pitino couldn't do it becuase he was too ego-centric to adjust his pestering college style to the NBA style where the no-longer-kids did not want to listen to pitino natter at them every second of the game clock.  that has never worked in the NBA.  bill fitch was a lighter version of that and he never demanded to be president, GM and head coach of any franchise, mainly because he wore out his welcome with the players so quickly despite some initial success and perhaps needed disciplinarianism.

pitino went way beyond that and expected everyone to be the scholarship slave that they weren't any longer (duh!) in the nba in his go-round with the celts.  it didn't work.  not even all his kentucky darlings wanted to hear it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Brad seems to be a less filling, amiable enough, glad-handing, deer in the headlites  newbie.

Maybe Rondo can take Brad under his wing and show him the ropes, so to speak. Someone needs to.

I do agree. DA is definitely not T-A-N-K-I-N-G!!!

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Yep, you got Brad Patino for sure. I will exhilarating watching the Celtics try to get 9 wins. I laughed when I read Ainge said that he looks forward to getting to #18 with Brad. That'll be the day!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fungus34's comment:

Never has any college coach had any success in the NBA. Stevens just showed in the press conference he is afraid of Rondo. Quote: "There is no bigger fan of Rondo out there than me" Brad Stevens. Really Brad, really. Brade gave control to Rondo over him. Mark these word, Rondo will eat Brad alive and there is no Pierce or Garnet to help Brad not being smacked by Rondo. Unless we trade Rondo.

Maybe Brad and Rondo can be best buds.

Because getting R9R back into action is the key, feeling his wheaties, driving the team bus again just like old times, telling Brad how to run the show, Rondo running wild "doing his thing," racking up outrageous stats..... and then... and then...... just as the wheels are falling off.... BLOCKBUSTER trade.... Rondo for a future 1st and 2nd round pick. BAM!!!!

Rondo finally pumped and dumped.... for more tradeable assets.

SEE YAA!!!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Another thread that is a waste of time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

Yep, you got Brad Patino for sure. I will exhilarating watching the Celtics try to get 9 wins. I laughed when I read Ainge said that he looks forward to getting to #18 with Brad. That'll be the day!

You should be more worried about #STAY12 .... LMAO! Pretty expensive rental for one year, a 38 years old washed up Achilles tendon and a coach {if you want to call him that} that has never nor will ever win a thing. 9 First Round Draft Picks in the next 5 years and an endorsement from the Zen Master {remember him} himself. Jealous? Your are looking UP at the Boston Celtics and your Partner in crime {David Stern} is hanging them up. Good luck with little Jimmy Buss as you are going to need it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I have to agree with acie

I realize pud and the pub-buddies will whine like children all year long but this team is going to be just fine.  Given the circumstances I cannot see how Ainge could have done a better job.  Maybe you nattering nabobs of negativity can tell me the moves that should have been made starting at the close of the '12-'13 Celtics season.  Keep Doc?  Trade Rondo?  Keep Pierce and KG?  Stand pat at draft choice 16?  We have a very bright, young new coach, three solid young players in Rondo, Green and Sullinger and some very nice draft picks.  Actually, we don't have some, we have a veritable butt-load of first round draft picks.  AND a bunch of bodies to play 4-5 which we haven't had in forever.

The NBA isn't some magical mystery to coaching.  Brad Stevens isn't Rick Pitino.  By all accounts he simply isn't as didactic a big shouting jerk like Pitino.  The job isn't exclusive to NBA-only pedigree.  Thibs coached at Harvard and Salem State and he is one of the best in the NBA.

So, oh wise and mighty pudster, please tell me the moves that Ainge should have made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I have to agree with acie

oops

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

pud puked all over this thread with his angst. dude needs a life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

I realize pud and the pub-buddies will whine like children all year long but this team is going to be just fine.  Given the circumstances I cannot see how Ainge could have done a better job.  Maybe you nattering nabobs of negativity can tell me the moves that should have been made starting at the close of the '12-'13 Celtics season.  Keep Doc?  Trade Rondo?  Keep Pierce and KG?  Stand pat at draft choice 16?  We have a very bright, young new coach, three solid young players in Rondo, Green and Sullinger and some very nice draft picks.  Actually, we don't have some, we have a veritable butt-load of first round draft picks.  AND a bunch of bodies to play 4-5 which we haven't had in forever.

The NBA isn't some magical mystery to coaching.  Brad Stevens isn't Rick Pitino.  By all accounts he simply isn't as didactic a big shouting jerk like Pitino.  The job isn't exclusive to NBA-only pedigree.  Thibs coached at Harvard and Salem State and he is one of the best in the NBA.

So, oh wise and mighty pudster, please tell me the moves that Ainge should have made.

Are you seriously asking these guys to suggest what could have been done better?  You realize that their MO is to cricticize everything as bad and stop there.  If you ask them to make constructive suggestions, they might just have to go to the emergency room.  Constructive suggestions are just for those ignorant, biased "Rondo lovers" who prefer to be locked in their unreasonable world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Spiro would be proud of you.  I like "Pusillanimous Pussyfooters" better myself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Danny's doing great, given the current situation.

The franchise will survive.

The next 2-4 seasons will be a real mess.

The rebuild is finally here. Gonna be a long haul.

Laughing beats crying, dontcha think!

You sound like Spiro Agnew with the nattering nabobs comment.

You've been on/off/on/off/on/off the Rondo's bandwagon so many times... how do you even keep track anymore? Schizo disorder maybe?

Did you ever figure out the diff between the perineum and the peritoneum? Close but no cigar.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

precisely prakash

at least fungus tossed out bickerstaff.....a suggestion with which i totally disagree.....but at least he tossed it out there.

i just want to say right now that Ainge is doing a phenomenal job and we will go deep into the post-season in relatively short order

put it this way:  we will win # 18 before the lakers get back to the finals (or the nets, or dallas, or maybe even chicago and OKC or san antonio)

the draft maneuvering is a thing of beauty by itself, nevermind all the other excellent moves

i do regret losing KG...it would be nice to have him around to show olynyk and colton iverson and melo how to play NBA defense.  maybe he will be back with the C's after next season as defensive coach

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

As for the OP, Pitino and Stevens have little in common. Pitino was given the keys to the franchise, Stevens will be lucky to get the keys to the locker room. 

The Stevens hiring has little to do with Rondo one way or ther other as some posters on here seem to think. Rondo does not have the stature to control coaching decisions, so I expect Ainge will play wait and see and it will be a test for both sides. 

I'm not sure having a young coach that knows how to develop players and also knows how to win is such a bad thing. 

This is going to sound crazy but it may make sense to see how he actually does before you decide he was a bad hire? 

I know pud expected Ainge to hire someone who would totally challenge his authority, Edward Snowden perhaps if he can sort his legal issues, but that's not really the role of a coach. We're not looking for Malcolm X, we're looking for someone who can coach up young players. We'll see. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

re: rondo bandwago

Negative pud.

I was always officially on the Rondo bandwagon until the events around either side of his injury last season.  Now I am solidly wait-and-see.  i am entitled to reseve judgement at this point.

glad youre being reasonable though

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

With Pitino, it was all about Him.  I still remember Him wearing that all white suit which made him look like my ice cream man when I was a kid.

Stevens has a much different personality.  He's intelligent, humble, and ready to work.  Hopefully he'll absorb as much as possible from Tommy, Cousy, Cornbread, Danny and the like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Negative pud.

I was always officially on the Rondo bandwagon until the events around either side of his injury last season.  Now I am solidly wait-and-see.  i am entitled to reseve judgement at this point.

glad youre being reasonable though

R9R has been driving you nutz long before the injury last season.

You may have been officially on the bandwagon until the ACL injury but your reactions to some of his prior antics...... off the charts....  particularly after your comment long ago about how rondo-haters secretly want to sniff his "peritoneum."

That's the serous membrane in the abdomen BTW. Not what you had in mind I kinda suspect.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fungus34's comment:

Never has any college coach had any success in the NBA. Stevens just showed in the press conference he is afraid of Rondo. Quote: "There is no bigger fan of Rondo out there than me" Brad Stevens. Really Brad, really. Brade gave control to Rondo over him. Mark these word, Rondo will eat Brad alive and there is no Pierce or Garnet to help Brad not being smacked by Rondo. Unless we trade Rondo.

So what?
    Brad is not an egotistical rah rah coach.

He's a Brainiac that can beat Rondo at Scrabble.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I find it totally amazing how some of you have already figured out within hours of his initial interview that Stevens is doomed to failure because you say he looked like a deer in the headlights. That is your misinformed negative interpretation. To me and I'm sure other he looks like a young man who is very happy to be a part of the Celtic organization, possibly a bit overwhelmed right now which I could understand and if anything very enthuisiastic. 

Comparing Stevens to Patino is pointless, two completely different personalities, one a very successful coach with a long history of that success but a bit of an egomaniac and the second a young, but very sucessful coach as well, but most likely not egocentric.

Stevens deserves a fair chance to work with Ainge to bring a new success to this franchise. The total restructuring had to take place sooner or later, it was just a matter of when. Ainge has done a fine job of stockpiling nine first round draft choices and bringing in a successful young oach to rebuild. All you negative hounds, stop your whining !!

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

I actually feel Rondo is intelligent and a good match for Coach Stevens intellectually.  They will thrive off each other.  I think Rondo is a level higher than Doc which caused tension.  His teammates knew it too.  Rondo will continue to mature and become more of a leader as did Pierce.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Thanks for the anatomy lesson pud.  I stancd corrected...I think.  Because I don't remember the comment or the context.  I was thinking about the area between the bottom-back of the scrotum and the @nus, so from now on I'll mind my Ps and Qs with anatomy.  I don't really remember the context though.  I have always been an official Rondo devotee.  I have always said he was league MVP material.  Last season I had just about gotten sick and tired of his passing up easy offense to tally an assist when he got injured.  Then the team responded really well and Jeff Green emerged and I began to second guess his importance.  Now I'm agnostic.  I know what he is capable of.  He has a very rare combination of skills.  I'm willing to wait and see.  I think I will be able to admit that I'm wrong.....IF I turn out to be wrong.

Just don't root against the guy.  Be a homer for Pete's sake.  This is the Boston Celtics, for better or worse.  This is about pride and we have suffered through much worse so it shouldn't be that hard.

(rectum?  damn near killed 'em!)

Sections
Shortcuts